Official We Need Help at WR Thread

dtait93

4 minutes ago, Chocolateman78 said:

You know what also impacted those games. An inability to run the football consistently. An inability to protect the passer, an inability for the QB to progress thru his reads and find open guys. Better play calling to get Marcus in a better rythym. 

People keep looking at this situation in a vaccum. As if the WRs have been the ONLY issue. They are bad, but the time to impact the WR position seriously was May... not October.

read it again...

obviously yes, we want to improve in other areas to potentially cover up that weakness, but that's going to take time and until then it's ridiculous to keep trotting out these guys that are literally costing us games. 

which are we more likely to be able to upgrade mid-season? interior OL or WR? quarterback's comfort within a new offensive system, or WR?

6 minutes ago, Chocolateman78 said:

You know what also impacted those games. An inability to run the football consistently. An inability to protect the passer, an inability for the QB to progress thru his reads and find open guys. Better play calling to get Marcus in a better rythym. 

People keep looking at this situation in a vaccum. As if the WRs have been the ONLY issue. They are bad, but the time to impact the WR position seriously was May... not October.

This is exactly what I have been trying to say. There are far too many people acting like signing a WR actively fixes something. We have been bad on offense for the majority of the season, not just on drives where a drop cost us.

Scoring 16 against the Bills instead of 12 may win us that game, but come December and January we're not any better of a team had Nick Williams caught that ball. There are a lot of issues.

2 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

read it again...

which are we more likely to be able to upgrade mid-season? interior OL or WR? quarterback's comfort within a new offensive system, or WR?

None of them are reasonable expectations. Again this is why I ask for people to show me examples of other teams acquiring WR's mid season and them having the impact you claim. Where is this precedent?

And who are you wanting? I live in Denver, let me tell you DT is known for having brick hands. Cooper hasn't been good since 2016. So who are these miracle mid-season acquisitions?

Just now, Chocolateman78 said:

Again this is why I ask for people to show me examples of other teams acquiring WR's mid season and them having the impact you claim. Where is this precedent?

...josh gordon? literally this season?

5 minutes ago, Chocolateman78 said:

You mean the All Pro talent that went to play with the greatest QB of all time and one of the games best coaches/playcallers...

Yea I need a better example than that.

braylon edwards to the jets

anquan boldin to the ravens

santonio holmes to the jets

brandon marshall to the dolphins

chris chambers to the chargers

all contributed to their new teams significantly more than taywan freaking taylor is on track to this year.

5 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

Last year he had 47 catches and 10 drops. Guy has talent, but just not worth it with those drops.

3 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

braylon edwards to the jets

anquan boldin to the ravens

santonio holmes to the jets

brandon marshall to the dolphins

chris chambers to the chargers

all contributed to their new teams significantly more than taywan freaking taylor is on track to this year.

Only two of those trades were midseason my friend. I'll give you Braylon, but Chambers was also added to what was one of the league's best offenses already.

DT is the only one that may be worth trading for, but he's 30 and it would depend on the compensation they're looking for.

Giving up a 1st or 2nd round pick for a 30 year old player in an attempt to salvage an offense with a myriad of problems mid-season just doesn't sound like a well thought out solution.

Archived