which team need a qb right now

Vladimir L

11 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Yea Mariota is definitely the problem but please continue the boxscore scouting.... shows how clueless some of you are. Sad when it’s only week 5 and there’s a thread showing 9 HUGE drops by his receivers which include the likes of camp bodies like Nick Williams and Darius Jennings. Mariota is not perfect and I’ve been his biggest critic but actually watch a game or two before you comment on the Titans QB situation. 

Poor Marcus Mariota - the only Quarterback that has to deal with dropped passes.

PNo8sXB.png

And some of those weren't even passes he threw, but were Gabbert throws. 

29 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Didn't realize that the Vikes had that many drops. I'd guess more than half of them are Treadwell.

3 for Treadwell. Also 3 for Thielen. Both are tied with 7 others for the league lead.

Im thinking that as far as teams that need possible 1st rounders it would be Redskins, Jaguars, Broncos, Dolphins. My under dogs are:

Patriots: Basically they already have drafted multiple heir apparents , they continue that process and draft another Jimmy G

Green Bay: Rodgers and this franchise have gone through a bit of a rift, I think they start with maybe a young 3rd rounder but I wouldnt be surprised if they pull a patriots/Ravens and get and actual viable backup/QB of the future

Pittsburgh: They already got Rudolph, maybe not this year but next year they go with a top pick and really just have Big Ben play one last year.

Lions: No one really thinks of Stafford as old but his window was kind of with Calvin Johnson right?? Not sure what the Lions plan for the future is but I cant imagine its to build around Stafford.....kind of just time to move along....maybe trade Stafford to the Broncos or some contender who has the starter get injured

1 hour ago, pwny said:

Poor Marcus Mariota - the only Quarterback that has to deal with dropped passes.

PNo8sXB.png

I can believe this.

Callaway drops every gd thing thrown his way unless it’s a screen or shovel pass. Njoku is just as bad.

14 hours ago, blizofoz45 said:

A better QB won’t fix Denver’s problems.  TBH I think Elway is an arrogant prick for firing John Fox when he did. It’s like he feels threatened by coaches who know they’re doing.

I got used to Denver having alot of weapons on offense(besides QB) but that hasn’t been the case in awhile.

If Denver can’t stomach some rebuilding seasons and allow a young QB time to develop then maybe they need to hire a new GM and scouting department.

We won a Superbowl the year after the (awful) Fox was fired - how is Elway not vindicated for firing him??? Sorry, but that is a ridiculous comment.

Denver has enough weapons for a good QB to move this Offense. Keenum just doesn't execute in key spots in the game. I don't really see how that is debatable?

However, you're right that the QB position is far from the only hole on this team. Our CB roster is a shambles, we're lacking interior pass rush, dynamism at the TE position and our ILB's are overpaid.

22 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

Nah. He had like two or three easy ones he missed. Quick outs and sideline throws. Guys were open and he missed them. He should've had even more gaudy stats.

No he really didnt.  The out to Wims was very catchable but Wims gave no effort to catch it.  Subsequently Wims didnt see the field the rest of the game.  Dont just go off of what an announcer says.  Watch the all 22.  The one to Robinson could have been a better throw if it had just a little less air.  But once again it was on target and Robinson felt strongly enough that he should have had it that he stopped in the middle of the field to do pushups.  3 more incs were throw aways.  He only had 7 inc balls.

1 hour ago, Superman(DH23) said:

No he really didnt.  The out to Wims was very catchable but Wims gave no effort to catch it.  Subsequently Wims didnt see the field the rest of the game.  Dont just go off of what an announcer says.  Watch the all 22.  The one to Robinson could have been a better throw if it had just a little less air.  But once again it was on target and Robinson felt strongly enough that he should have had it that he stopped in the middle of the field to do pushups.  3 more incs were throw aways.  He only had 7 inc balls.

I mean. I watched the game. So. ?

It's definitely a slightly odd year for it. I think you don't have the normal handful of teams that clearly and desperately need a QB, but you do have a lot more maybes than usual. Teams like Denver or Washington that have a veteran they're invested in but might want to move on from, or a team like the Raiders or Jags or Bucs or Titans that might be getting impatient, or teams like Pittsburgh or the Chargers or Giants, who might be prepping for life after their old franchise guy. All of these teams might have reasons not to go QB, but it also wouldn't entirely shock me if they did.

14 hours ago, pwny said:

PNo8sXB.png

Hell the Eagles had 6 dropped passes in their game against the Titans alone.

2 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

I mean. I watched the game. So. ?

Did you watch the all 22? Its no coincidence that Wims who basically started the game, gave 0 effort on the 1st or 2nd play of the 2nd series was then not seen on the field again.  The announcers tried putting it on mitch saying it was easy pass that he missed.  I thought at the time it was catchable.  On the all 22 it was clear that if Wims tries to catch the ball at all he will probably will.  

Re: Mariota, 2 points, 1 on each side:

1.  He has not lived up to the 1.2 billing.   He was supposed to take a huge step forward last year after being a safe QB in the RZ..and it never happened.  He had Delanie Walker, and he had Rishard Matthews as an effective WR, and now he has Corey Davis.   He also has a very good OL with elite T play and a power running game.   Now, he had a terrible OC/HC, so he can get somewhat of a pass for that.  But this year, there are no excuses, he should be better.  So far, he hasn't.  But...

2.  People do not realize how much ulnar neuropathy affects throwing.  And he's played without those great T's at 100 percent.  So there is context.   The ulnar neuropathy is a tricky injury, because it take weeks longer to fully settle.  I mean, he still doesn't have full feeling in his hand yet.   That is going to affect anyone's throwing.

Mariota has not lived up to the 1.2 hype, and while the OC/scheme might have contributed to it, he owns a fair bit of that as well.  But for 2019, there's a ton more context.   It's also stuff that should get better (OL guys return, his nerve injury heals completely).   So we should see progress.   If the T's return and his injury is fully healed, and he still struggles - then it's all on him.   We'll see.

Archived