Week 5 GDT: Saints vs Redskins

Raves

3 hours ago, saintsfan said:

Carr saw plenty of snaps last night, if anyone should lose snaps its him. Theres plenty to go around between Quan, Cam, MT, and Ginn

I agree with this, but Brees actually had Carr come in for Taysom Hill on a play last night. Payton called for a package with Taysom and Brees made the change and Carr came in instead. 

Carr is becoming a guy Brees trusts too.

3 hours ago, Dome said:

I agree with this, but Brees actually had Carr come in for Taysom Hill on a play last night. Payton called for a package with Taysom and Brees made the change and Carr came in instead. 

Carr is becoming a guy Brees trusts too.

IIRC he just wanted him in because he was the one practicing that particular play in practice all week and Hill didn't get any reps on that play.

1 hour ago, saintsfan said:

IIRC he just wanted him in because he was the one practicing that particular play in practice all week and Hill didn't get any reps on that play.

Still though, I think that's a trust thing. Or at least partially. He got the reps and Brees trust him to deliver enough that he actually realized he wanted him in there over the better playmaker, athlete and all around football player. He probably wouldn't have got all those reps without being trusted by Brees and Payton in the first place because he's not some mismatch weapon, nor does he have a height/speed thing going on where you just want to get him in space, nor is his skill set particularly tough to find elsewhere. 

I mean just look at some of the contested catches Brees has asked Carr to make this year. Looks just like Moore/Snead in a way. They're all guys you look at and don't think they're someone you want going up and trying to make a play for your QB... but Brees lets them and they deliver more often than you'd think based on everything you've seen from unathletic slot WRs over the years lol. 

Archived