Week 6: Cardinals (1-4) at VIKINGS (2-2-1)

swede700

How many rushing yards will the Vikings have against the Cardinals?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. How many rushing yards will the Vikings have against the Cardinals?

• 0 - 50 yards
    • 51 - 100 yards
    • 101 - 150 yards
    • 151 - 200 yards
    • 200+ yards

NFL_Cardinals_zpsyyuovo2t.gif  at NFL_Vikings_zpsce61d576.gif

When: 1:00 PM EST October 14th

Where: U.S. Bank Stadium (Minneapolis, MN)

TV/Radio: Fox (TV), KFAN 100.3 (Radio)

Announcers:  Sam Rosen, Ronde Barber (TV); Paul Allen, Pete Bercich, Greg Coleman, Ben Leber (Radio)

Coverage Map:  Thttp://506sports.com/2018/06-FOX-V2.png

Notable Injuries:

Vikings - Questionable: RB Dalvin Cook (hamstring), Doubtful: None, Out: OT Riley Reiff (foot), DE Everson Griffen (NIR), DE Tashawn Bower (ankle), SS Andrew Sendejo (groin)

Cardinals - Questionable: RB Chase Edmonds (back), OL DJ Humphries (knee), OL Mike Iupati (shoulder), OL Andre Smith (hamstring), DE Markus Golden (knee), DT Robert Nkemdiche (foot), Doubtful: None, Out: None

Please keep all discussion about the game here.

apruntd.0.gif

I have seen Cardinals game against Bears and also caught highlights of yesterday's match between Cards and 49ers...it looks like Cardinals offense is bad but their defense looks decent...even though they scored 28 against 49ers yesterday, almost majority of those points came due to turnovers...so as long as our defense doesn't mess up, we should be winning this...I trust our offense to put 20+.

Just now, Klomp said:

Probably the last trip to Minnesota as a player for Larry Fitzgerald. It'd be cool if the team honored him before the game somehow, but I can't see any way that happens for an active player.

why would the Vikings honor Larry Fitzgerald?

There's no need to honor a former ball boy.  Yes, he's a great player from Minnesota...but the Vikings already have one in Adam Thielen.  Larry Fitzgerald will always have a special place in Minnesota, since he's from there, but he doesn't hold a special place with the Vikings franchise, since he was only a ball boy.    

Not honoring him as a ballboy, but honoring as an NFL all-time great. I'd compare it more to the Twins (and every other team on the schedule) honoring Derek Jeter.

Like I said originally, I don't see it happening anyways.

This is a big game for us. I want to see that this team is going to take a lesser team seriously and pummel them. It's also an opportunity for our defense to continue to play well and get their swagger back against the 31st best offense in the league. I think Rosen will be special, but behind that O-Line he shouldn't have enough time to carve up a Zimmer D.

And with Chicago headed for what I believe will be a loss for them and GB at the same record as us, this would be a key win to get back into pole position for the NFC North crown.

41 minutes ago, Klomp said:

Not honoring him as a ballboy, but honoring as an NFL all-time great. I'd compare it more to the Twins (and every other team on the schedule) honoring Derek Jeter.

Thinking something similar to Mariano Rivera?

1 hour ago, Klomp said:

Sure...but, I thought the whole Jeter thing was even silly at the time. While certainly he was a great player and is a cinch HOFer, he didn't transcend the game.  He wasn't like some grand humanitarian that deserved honor across the league for doing great things (same goes for Kobe as far as I'm concerned).  He was a great player playing a kid's game and certainly wasn't a perfect human being.  Those are the people that deserve accolades...certainly, Larry would qualify as far as that goes, because he's a far greater human being than both Jeter and Kobe...but he didn't have the same adulation across the league that Jeter and Kobe did...and didn't play in a major market (which is probably the biggest factor).  

I apologize for going on a tangent...sometimes I can't help myself.  :D

Archived