Bears @ Dolphins, 10/14/18, 12 CT, GAME THREAD

beardown3231

Just now, beardown3231 said:

Nagy didn’t like the Floyd suplex penalty and the Burton OPI. Is he nuts? Floyd threw a receiver down after the whistle, and Burton put his shoulder into the DB’s chest. What a baby.

Floyd straight up suplexed him man.  While it was funny.  The whistle blew.  You can't do that.  The Burton penalty was an NFL run route that we see many times every week 

Just now, Superman(DH23) said:

Floyd straight up suplexed him man.  While it was funny.  The whistle blew.  You can't do that.  The Burton penalty was an NFL run route that we see many times every week 

It was an NFL route, but not everyone doing the picks shoulders the defender. Burton can’t do that.

2 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

It was all about the miss to Miller and then saying he should have thrown 3 more picks in the 2nd half.  I could see 1 but again while it was a horrid decision, it was a beautifully thrown football and I dont think anybody but Cohen could have actually got it

Yeah, that sort of stuff is annoying. Osweiler could have easily thrown a couple more picks, too. The whole "only I can play the WHAT IF game" thing is moronic. The defense gave up nearly 500 yards in regulation. That's just plain terrible. 

3 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

If the Bears were for real, they wouldn’t have lost to Brock ******* Osweiler. Better?

Didn't Osweiler beat the Patriots during his long fill-in stint for Peyton? Didn't he win a playoff game? I get that you're pissed, but I'd be more worried about Gase knowing how to dissect Fangio's defense. And maybe showing others how to do that, too. 

The defense came up with a big play when it really mattered and it wasnt Mack.  10 put the team in position to win.  Howard did his best to close out the game.  Parkey got the distance but just missed wide right.  It's one of those games that sucks bc of the outcome but I can still look at this team and see that they are a much better team than they have been in a long time.  Also thru 5 games this year Jared Goff 12 Total TDs and 4 Ints.  Trubisky 12 Total TDs and 4 Ints.

4 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

They do when their bracing to get blind-sided by a defender coming into their space at full speed.

That’s exactly why he did, and that’s exactly why it’s a penalty. Just because Alonso was running full speed in “his space” doesn’t mean he can shoulder him. It’s a penalty.

7 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

Didn't Osweiler beat the Patriots during his long fill-in stint for Peyton? Didn't he win a playoff game? I get that you're pissed, but I'd be more worried about Gase knowing how to dissect Fangio's defense. And maybe showing others how to do that, too. 

Yeah, against the below average NE defense when he was the starting QB and getting starting reps every week in practice.

Osweiler got about 2 hours of reps in the last month and a half and they all came two days ago and still beat the Bears by scoring 31 points.

2 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

That’s exactly why he did, and that’s exactly why it’s a penalty. Just because Alonso was running full speed in “his space” doesn’t mean he can shoulder him. It’s a penalty.

No, it's not. He didn't initiate contact. Plays like that happen all the time and most don't get called due to how subjective the call is. 

6 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Yeah, against the below average NE defense when he was the starting QB and getting starting reps every week in practice.

Osweiler got about 2 hours of reps in the last month and a half and they all came two days ago and still beat the Bears by scoring 31 points.

I'm sure he had plenty of reps in training camp. Lol

5 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Defense did real bad, for sure. Doesn't mean Osweiler has never beaten a good team, though. And the team around him today is pretty good. We'll see if the defense rebounds properly from today, or not...

1 minute ago, Heinz D. said:

Defense did real bad, for sure. Doesn't mean Osweiler has never beaten a good team, though. And the team around him today is pretty good. We'll see if the defense rebounds properly from today, or not...

Right. He played a quick passing game against soft coverage. Works a lot for us but usually we can to tackle worth a damn. We couldn't tackle and that and Fangios inability to adjust cost us. 

4 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

tbh, I'm not even too worried about this loss. For one, it's NOT a heart-breaking meltdown like it was in week 1. Two, if there was ever a time for the defense to play bad, it was this game. A game against a non-conference team in the first half of the season.

the defense will be fine and the offense has finally came alive these last 2 games.   

Archived