Bears @ Dolphins, 10/14/18, 12 CT, GAME THREAD

beardown3231

5 hours ago, SLCbear said:

We are 4-9 v Miami since 1971 .. lost in '02 '06 '14 and now '18  which is 1-4 in last 5 meetings .. all of which happened after 2000

I was thinking of the past, because during the infamous '85 Bears vs Dolphins game in Miami that I watched live on a Monday night and could hardly contain myself, Marino threw a pass that was deflected but luckily landed in the hands of a Fins WR trailing the play. 

Happened again Sunday with a pass from Osweiler that even he couldn't believe happened. Sometimes the pigskin just bounces your way. That's why this sport is fun to follow. 

1 minute ago, beardown3231 said:

Another clown who was sure the Bears wouldn’t make the playoffs. Hit the bricks.

Oh they won’t. 9-7 no playoffs max and Raiders win a Super Bowl first in like six years. 

I said what I said out of humor but someone had to take it personal ¬¬

5 hours ago, SLCbear said:

We are 4-9 v Miami since 1971 .. lost in '02 '06 '14 and now '18  which is 1-4 in last 5 meetings .. all of which happened after 2000

So MTs int in the end zone wasn't a miss ??  .. and the lil guy wasn't TERRIFIC cause he fumbled  ??

All I said was the Bears won their last game in Miami before this one.

His miss in the endzone was a miss, but that one shows up on the stat sheet. I’m referring to the one that doesn’t- the first quarter overthrow of Miller.

Cohen has been the far superior player to Howard this year. While Cohen looks fast, explosive and shifty, Howard looks lethargic and disinterested. Cohen had the better game on Sunday than Cohen. Cohen was good, Howard was above average. Just because a Chicago Bear has a good game doesn’t mean they were terrific.

1 minute ago, beardown3231 said:

All I said was the Bears won their last game in Miami before this one.

His miss in the endzone was a miss, but that one shows up on the stat sheet. I’m referring to the one that doesn’t- the first quarter overthrow of Miller.

Cohen has been the far superior player to Howard this year. While Cohen looks fast, explosive and shifty, Howard looks lethargic and disinterested. Cohen had the better game on Sunday than Cohen. Cohen was good, Howard was above average. Just because a Chicago Bear has a good game doesn’t mean they were terrific.

He looks disinterested? I call total BS. That is the same nonsense people said about Cutler. "He doesn't care." Meanwhile he is pi**ed off about errors and bad plays.

The offense running out of the shotgun 76% of the time isn't doing Howard any favors either.

Not only does the shotgun limit the amount of different run plays you can draw up, but you also can't expect a north/south runner like Howard (who doesn't have that quick first step and acceleration) to be able to create much on his own when by the time he even takes the hand-off and reaches the LOS it's giving the defenders enough time to recognize the play and react to it. 

Howard is not built for an offense like this and this may also be the reason why Nagy is scaling back his playing time as well. heck, last year he carried the ball only 35 times out of the shotgun all season and this year he already has 40 through only 6 games. 

Now this not to say that he isn't capable of running the ball at all from shotgun, but he seems to be a better fit for a more balanced attack. One that mixes it up more--both, formation and play-call wise. Something I wish Nagy would do a little more because when you call a play from under center only 77 times (43 on 1st D) in 6 games and 53 of them are all run plays, it becomes a little obvious. Just like passing the ball on every 3rd down. But that's for another subject I guess lol.

9 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

Disinterested was the wrong word. My bad. I never questioned Cutler’s body language and I even defended Howard’s during the game when someone else was questioning it.

He does look lethargic, though.

Though i can also say the entire defense looked lethargic in the Miami game. Especially in the 2nd half allowing 274 of 380 yards passing after the catch.

1 hour ago, TB 1 said:

Though i can also say the entire defense looked lethargic in the Miami game. Especially in the 2nd half allowing 274 of 380 yards passing after the catch.

I get that because they were on the field for what, 40-50 plays? And half of them are 230+ pounds? They were decent in the first half and simply wore out after. 

Howard was out there for far less snaps, and whichever the case, he looks lethargic every week, especially when you compare him to Cohen. I feel like when he’s out there, there could be a gain of 0-4. When Cohen’s out there with the offense, anything can happen and the offense is just better.

Through 2-3 weeks I was upset with Howard’s lack of usage, but until mid November through the end of the year, this offense is best if Cohen’s out there more and if they’re throwing the ball more, imo.

14 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Oh they won’t. 9-7 no playoffs max and Raiders win a Super Bowl first in like six years. 

I said what I said out of humor but someone had to take it personal ¬¬

“No they’re not” when someone suggests that CHI will make the playoffs isn’t out of humor. It’s out of belief. Get lost

11 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

Disinterested was the wrong word. My bad. I never questioned Cutler’s body language and I even defended Howard’s during the game when someone else was questioning it.

He does look lethargic, though.

I think he looks indecisive running behind this line/blocking scheme. It's extremely irritating because I (we) know how good of a RB he is behind a zone blocking scheme, and for whatever reason Nagy scrapped it for this offense. I won't complain because we are putting up points, but just ONCE it would be nice to have a top 5 aerial attack paired with a top 5 rushing attack. Just once!

3 minutes ago, G08 said:

I think he looks indecisive running behind this line/blocking scheme. It's extremely irritating because I (we) know how good of a RB he is behind a zone blocking scheme, and for whatever reason Nagy scrapped it for this offense. I won't complain because we are putting up points, but just ONCE it would be nice to have a top 5 aerial attack paired with a top 5 rushing attack. Just once!

He likely scrapped it because he believes this system fits the aerial attack better. I suppose he could implement some ZBS in as well.

Archived