Bears @ Dolphins, 10/14/18, 12 CT, GAME THREAD

beardown3231

Calmed down now.  That was hard loss to take.  

I hate that gamepass tells you game went to OT before you watch.  I knew they lost as soon as I saw that.  Bummed me out waiting for near inevitable for 35 minutes.  

I think we have to keep in mind that if they make that long field goal the tone of the mistakes is completely different being looked at from victory standpoint. 

Bottom line is Fangio lost that game with that game plan.  Waaay too conservative.  In that heat and in the Sun you need 3 and outs.  He played bend but don't break because he wanted the new QB to make a mistake driving the field and turn the ball over, but when he saw Miami was going to play ultra conservative offensively he should have changed up too.  He should have put 8 in box and played Amos like another LB or hell put another LB or DL in the game on first and 2nd down.   They play in a phonebooth, you play in a phonebooth.  He would have had them in 3rd and long all day.  Then you get your mistakes.  All the passes were mostly within 10 yards they just ran a long way after.    He gassed his players.  Young guys probably partied a bit in the bye feeling really good after that big win.  Dehydrates you that much faster.  

He is still a good coach.  Everybody lays an egg now and then.  What is annoying is he didn't change or see it fast or at all.  Stubbornness and pride can make you lose as fast as anything.  Sometimes your game plan sucks when the war starts.  Happens to everyone.  If something isn't working, do something different.  

Have to remember Bears aren't going to SB this year, but next year ... not out of question.  

They have some really good players to build off which is what we wanted to see this year.  We wanted to see if these guys were talented.  I think we are seeing it.  

Robinson, Miller and Gabriel will be bloody good trio by next year; 2nd year after injury for Robinson, Miller is a rookie and 2nd year in offense for all.  If you can't see those guys are talented then you don't know what you are looking at.   That will be one of best receiving corps in league as a unit.  There are a ton of read routes in this offense.  QB and receiver have to make same read.  Our TEs aren't great like team hoped, but they are decent and can make plays to move chains especially when Shaheen gets some experience to compliment Burton.  He needs to get healthy and stay healthy.  Bears keep saying they are deep at TE, but Burton isn't a true TE and other guys aside from Shaheen just aren't good.  If one of those guys is down, like now, unit is subpar.  Cohen is a match up nightmare and Howard is an above average runner.   MT is better than people think.  O line isn't bad at all relatively speaking league wide.  

They need 0 skill players going into 2019 aside from depth and future talent.  That is pretty huge advantage.   They can get together in offseason and do their thing and know what they are doing.  

Defense is good as long as Mack and Hicks are healthy.  I'd take them over most units in league next season.  Young guys in front 7 will be one year older and a full year in full time strength and conditioning program.   Roquan won't be thinking by then, just running to ball and making plays.  

MT early over throws are mostly adrenaline and not lack of talent or accuracy I am thinking now.  Favre never got over that until he stopped caring that much later in his career.  MT just needs to calm down a bit.  A lot of pressure on him right now.   

Rams are blowing their load this year.  They will win SB this year barring some injuries.  It's mostly a done deal.   Other good teams are mostly aging out and should be on decline next year. Bears should be one of best 5 or 6 teams in league next year.  From there they just need a little luck in health department and a few games to break their way like everyone.

Learning year.   

21 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Dear Bears,

I don’t ask for much, I really don’t. I’ve been through a lot as a Raider and A’s fan for the past 20+ years. All I ask is that, please, can you just suck a little more? The Raiders would really appreciate and so would the fans. I’m not asking for a disaster, or a Top 5 pick, just turn up the suckage a little bit more.

Thank you,

Raider Nation

If top 5 pick is the goal I think you are doing just fine on your own.  But we will help where we can.   

Franchise QB, first round WR and first round safety don't seem to be working out.  We missed on our WR that year too so we feel for you.  You had a real good first round pick that worked out.  Defensive player of the year I hear.  Great locker room guy.  Team leader.  Heck of a pick. Good job on that one.  He had to go though.  No worries pass rushers are easy to find in draft or free agency.  Nobody wants the free agents and the draft picks always hit.  

Know what else is easy to find?  QBs.  Good ones are a dime a dozen.  You have one you are pot committed to.  He working out okay so far?  Hows HC with the 10 year contract like him right now?  Aren't you in same division as Mahomes?  Good thing he is old like Rogers.  Yeah, yeah we passed on him.  Doesn't help you much though does it?  

Top 5 pick going to get you a new QB, WRs, RB, DE, OT, Dline, Corner, Safety, and TE?  You have to pick just one at a time.  Likely you will be trading down, down, down for more picks and signing veteran FAs.  Of course everybody hits in middle rounds and aging veteran FA's usually work out.  Especially for Gruden.  Better hope for some deep drafts and good talent evaluation.  I love this guy! Super stud!  This guy is no good!  Span of months - who says things like that?  Gruden falls in and out of love with players like a teenage girl with boy bands.  

BTW, Raiders won't be in "Bay" much longer, BayRaider.  Raiders are moving.  Again.  You can love them from afar.  

Have a nice day.

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

If top 5 pick is the goal I think you are doing just fine on your own.  But we will help where we can.   

Franchise QB, first round WR and first round safety don't seem to be working out.  We missed on our WR that year too so we feel for you.  You had a real good first round pick that worked out.  Defensive player of the year I hear.  Great locker room guy.  Team leader.  Heck of a pick. Good job on that one.  He had to go though.  No worries pass rushers are easy to find in draft or free agency.  Nobody wants the free agents and the draft picks always hit.  

Know what else is easy to find?  QBs.  Good ones are a dime a dozen.  You have one you are pot committed to.  He working out okay so far?  Hows HC with the 10 year contract like him right now?  Aren't you in same division as Mahomes?  Good thing he is old like Rogers.  Yeah, yeah we passed on him.  Doesn't help you much though does it?  

Top 5 pick going to get you a new QB, WRs, RB, DE, OT, Dline, Corner, Safety, and TE?  You have to pick just one at a time.  Likely you will be trading down, down, down for more picks and signing veteran FAs.  Of course everybody hits in middle rounds and aging veteran FA's usually work out.  Especially for Gruden.  Better hope for some deep drafts and good talent evaluation.  I love this guy! Super stud!  This guy is no good!  Span of months - who says things like that?  Gruden falls in and out of love with players like a teenage girl with boy bands.  

BTW, Raiders won't be in "Bay" much longer, BayRaider.  Raiders are moving.  Again.  You can love them from afar.  

Have a nice day.

xD

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

Have a nice day.

mods y can i only like this once

On 10/16/2018 at 2:24 PM, Superman(DH23) said:

Lol sorry to disappoint.  

At least he was being good natured, and displaying a sense of humor about it all. It's not like some Raiders fans on here conjuring up Bears doom just because they want that higher pick...

15 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

At least he was being good natured, and displaying a sense of humor about it all. It's not like some Raiders fans on here conjuring up Bears doom just because they want that higher pick...

Yeah bayraider is a decent dude.  I understood it was a joke and a backhanded compliment.

On Tuesday, October 16, 2018 at 7:33 PM, beardown3231 said:

All I said was the Bears won their last game in Miami before this one.

His miss in the endzone was a miss, but that one shows up on the stat sheet. I’m referring to the one that doesn’t- the first quarter overthrow of Miller.

Cohen has been the far superior player to Howard this year. While Cohen looks fast, explosive and shifty, Howard looks lethargic and disinterested. Cohen had the better game on Sunday than Cohen. Cohen was good, Howard was above average. Just because a Chicago Bear has a good game doesn’t mean they were terrific.

Our running game was teriffic minus the fumbles .. both backs gave us exactly what we needed to win against a good team on the road .. Howard draws so much attention whether he gets the ball or not .. you don't quite understand how valuable JH is  esp in the playoffs 

Howard is a power back w good speed .. low center of gravity (great balance), quick decisive  sidestep  elusiveness  ..  very strong finisher does not have bad hands ..  

For past two seasons he is ALL WE HAVE HAD ..  everyone knew it Ds honned in on him and still top3 in yards since entering the league .. be grateful ! I have zero concern about JH fitting this new offense .. we will figure out how to use his immense talents 

I love than JH and TCs workloads are balanced .. keeps them HEALTHY !!  --

41 minutes ago, SLCbear said:

Our running game was teriffic minus the fumbles .. both backs gave us exactly what we needed to win against a good team on the road .. Howard draws so much attention whether he gets the ball or not .. you don't quite understand how valuable JH is  esp in the playoffs 

Howard is a power back w good speed .. low center of gravity (great balance), quick decisive  sidestep  elusiveness  ..  very strong finisher does not have bad hands ..  

For past two seasons he is ALL WE HAVE HAD ..  everyone knew it Ds honned in on him and still top3 in yards since entering the league .. be grateful ! I have zero concern about JH fitting this new offense .. we will figure out how to use his immense talents 

I love than JH and TCs workloads are balanced .. keeps them HEALTHY !!  --

And you do... how?

24 minutes ago, G08 said:

... general football intelligence?

He's not wrong...

So you're telling me having multiple runners with different skillsets can be a GOOD thing? And defenses might fare worse at power runners than speedsters? Especially in games in cold weather where the passing games may struggle? 

U lyin boo.

Edit. That was supposed to say boi but was autocorrected. Still fits. Lol

I mean there's so much to it, in the playoffs you're playing in the cold if you've got a home game in Chicago. You might have rain/sleet/snow... you're not slinging it 50 times a game in that weather. You can't run Cohen 25-35 times a game either. Dudes like Howard offer so much to your ground game IF you commit to them. I just benched him in fantasy for Tarik Cohen, so that means he's going to get 25 carries this week lol.

I'm hoping he has a breakout game soon, the kid is catching so much BS in Chicago that I'm starting to adopt him as my "Shea McClellin" for this season.

4 minutes ago, G08 said:

I mean there's so much to it, in the playoffs you're playing in the cold if you've got a home game in Chicago. You might have rain/sleet/snow... you're not slinging it 50 times a game in that weather. You can't run Cohen 25-35 times a game either. Dudes like Howard offer so much to your ground game IF you commit to them. I just benched him in fantasy for Tarik Cohen, so that means he's going to get 25 carries this week lol.

I'm hoping he has a breakout game soon, the kid is catching so much BS in Chicago that I'm starting to adopt him as my "Shea McClellin" for this season.

Shea got screwed by Bears being drafted and played out of position, but he did suck as a DE.  Not his fault, he just couldn't do it and most NFL people knew it.  Even moron talking heads knew it and said it during draft coverage.  So it was a wasted first round pick.  That will bring criticism to Shea fairly or unfairly.

Howard conversely has been a good player on a mid round contract.  Win/win.  He should get more love for that and so should Pace. 

I think most people just are jumping gun on whether to resign him or not in 2020.  I say who cares?  I can't think more than 1 season ahead.  Too many variables.  Good player on a mid round contract.  Play it out. Cross the bridge when you come to it or come closer.  I would let him hit the market and see what his value is.  Match it or don't depending on the dollars.  

I would tell him that.  It would motivate him to ball out in 2019. 

Archived