Bears @ Dolphins, 10/14/18, 12 CT, GAME THREAD

beardown3231

Perusing some stats, I found it interesting that Kenyan Drake is the Dolphins' most targeted player on offense. Sounds like a nice match-up for our kid Roquan Smith. That o-line seems to be a weakness for them, I expect Mack and friends to put plenty of pressure on Tannehill, but I do believe Gase/Loggains will attempt to off-set this with screens and a quick passing game.

Best thing for us would be to score early (and often). Force them to become one-dimensional and allow our front 7 to get after the QB.

Might be a slow start for us and a fast start for them, but in the end I think our talent takes over.

Bears - 27
Dolphins - 17

12 hours ago, G08 said:

Perusing some stats, I found it interesting that Kenyan Drake is the Dolphins' most targeted player on offense. Sounds like a nice match-up for our kid Roquan Smith. That o-line seems to be a weakness for them, I expect Mack and friends to put plenty of pressure on Tannehill, but I do believe Gase/Loggains will attempt to off-set this with screens and a quick passing game.

Best thing for us would be to score early (and often). Force them to become one-dimensional and allow our front 7 to get after the QB.

Might be a slow start for us and a fast start for them, but in the end I think our talent takes over.

Bears - 27
Dolphins - 17

If they do that then Callahan and Fuller are going to be able to feast. Both have been coming up hard on the screen game. Floyd, Mack, DT, and Smith are all super athletic too so they should be able to attack and swarm.

I think you're right, we are always going to try and force them to be one dimensional. That is when the defense is at its best, it is really up to Tru and Co to get the points to force that to happen. We shouldn't have to win but maybe one shootout per year.

Bears should win this game when you look at how each unit matches up with each other on both sides of the ball.

That being said I've seen it too many times with teams coming out of the bye playing lackadaisical and sloppy.  Let's hope Nagy learned somethign from Reid when it comes to being prepared out the bye.

Add in the fact that Miami is desperate for a W and they are playing at home in the Miami heat which they are used to by now, this could be a tougher game than a lot of people think.

That said I cannot go against my Bears.  Parkey gets his revenge on the Fins by going 2/2 and nailing the game winner last play of the game.

CHI - 20

MIA - 19

Wow, I did not realize how intense the issues were for Miami on the O-Line.

Tunsil who seems pretty good has a concussion, and might be out at LT. They'll be trying a 

Josh Sitton (remember him?) is out for the season, soTed Larsen is their RG (remember him!?)

Their center is out for the season, backup is in:Travis Swanson 

Jesse Davis at RG

JaWuan James at RT

That is not the making for a good group against the Bears current D

3 hours ago, RunningVaccs said:

Wow, I did not realize how intense the issues were for Miami on the O-Line.

Tunsil who seems pretty good has a concussion, and might be out at LT. They'll be trying a 

Josh Sitton (remember him?) is out for the season, soTed Larsen is their RG (remember him!?)

Their center is out for the season, backup is in:Travis Swanson 

Jesse Davis at RG

JaWuan James at RT

That is not the making for a good group against the Bears current D

The Bengals DL, albeit good, isn’t in the Bears league and they had their way with Miami’s OL.

Bear brothers do a nice show each week where they talk to a local podcaster about their team.  

Get good insight in those shows. 

Dolphins D is young fast and talented particularly the secondary.  They are loving Minkah.  Secondary can take the ball away. 

They have no faith in their offense. Local fans are at point where they are sick of the Tannehill show like Bears fans were sick of Cutler show.  People don't want a middling QB year after year.  If Bears can make things rough early some boo birds are likely to start in and Dolphins will collapse like a house of cards,   That would be ideal. 

Basically if Tunsil, who is in concussion protocol, plays they can field an okay Oline. If he is out, it is atrocious because of a cascading effect of moving guys around and inserting a guy who really can't play.  It was local guys opinion that if Tunsil is out Dolphins have no chance and that makes sense.

Sadly for Bears it looks like they are rushing him through protocol as he practiced on Wed.  I think he plays because he has to. Their season is on the line in their minds and perhaps their jobs and without him they are f'd by all accounts. I dont have faith the team doctor doesn't do everything he can conscious or subconscious to pass him on that that baseline test. Independent doctor gets team doctor reports to review and clear or not as I understand it.  There is no independent examination to make your own determination off your own exam outside a playoff game. 

IMO you should probably be out at least a week if you had a concussion since real danger isnt nearly as much from concussion as subsequent blows too soon after the concussion.  The healing process in brain hasn't completed so its more vulnerable.  But whatever.  It is what it is. 

WRs are burners and speed can score in a hurry if you arent careful.  They are high on Drake and Gore. Fans feel Drake isnt being used properly. 

Even with Tunsil our D is better than their O.  Bears offense has to beat their defense. They should get more opportunities to do so.  Eventually that D will gas. Bears just have to avoid 3 and outs and turnovers until second half and they should have advantage then.  That is conservative way to victory and one Fox would take. I don't see Nagy taking that route. He wants to try to score points.  To his credit Fox would almost for sure win this game. Nagy want his O to grow, but that involves risking the win. I am fine with it. 

While I think O will still have some bumps is year, I think they are more talented than they get credit for at this point. Just a matter of experience. If Bears can score early and force them to play from behind and abandon the run they are really screwed because Tannehill isnt leading a big comeback only passing the ball behind that Oline.

On paper Bears should win this game even away.  Anything can happen though. Speed kills and Dolphins have it. They are at home and it will probably be hot. Refs could make weird roughing calls.  They can get a pick 6. Etc.  It will take some unusual happenings IMO for Dolphins to win this  game.  

Overall I would be surprised if Bears didn't win this game by at least 8. They have the more talented team. If you let them believe they can win in first half it could be closer and anyone can win a close game at home. Even awful Bears teams of recent years did that on occasion in those circumstances,  

The Bears have basically blown out all of their opponents and had 2 come back (GB and Sea). That bodes pretty well for their talent. I'm hoping we can do that again. Tannehill is not playing well this season, if we can harass him he will make mistakes.

Archived