Bears @ Dolphins, 10/14/18, 12 CT, GAME THREAD

beardown3231

10 hours ago, RunningVaccs said:

The more think about it, there more I think that Nagy is going to buck conventional wisdom and instead have Mitch air it out. Run it to death would make sense given the scenario, but I think maybe he takes that as a challenge and decides to show some confidence in his system and QB and instead goes balls to the wall and calls an aggressive passing game

That wouldn't be smart football and I dont think Nagy is dumb.  You dont coach a team to feed ego.  You either play your offense or you adjust to matchups/conditions.  There is a reason Mike Martz is not coaching in the NFL anymore.  That's how he coached.  My expectation is that Nagys is going to stick to his offense which is typically a very balanced attack.  Don't be shocked if we get Miami's best shot.  Guys are coaching and playing for their jobs at this point.  This is going to be a real test of where this football team is.  A win here could be a big springboard for this team.

2 hours ago, Superman(DH23) said:

That wouldn't be smart football and I dont think Nagy is dumb.  You dont coach a team to feed ego.  You either play your offense or you adjust to matchups/conditions.  There is a reason Mike Martz is not coaching in the NFL anymore.  That's how he coached.  My expectation is that Nagys is going to stick to his offense which is typically a very balanced attack.  Don't be shocked if we get Miami's best shot.  Guys are coaching and playing for their jobs at this point.  This is going to be a real test of where this football team is.  A win here could be a big springboard for this team.

Agreed this is a team desperate for a win and to be relevant this year. This will be a really tough game for us to win. 

6 minutes ago, Nads786 said:

Agreed this is a team desperate for a win and to be relevant this year. This will be a really tough game for us to win. 

For me this is where we learn if the Bears are a good football team or not.  Miami is reeling after 2 straight losses, a blowout and a big comeback given up.  If the Bears go into this game to step on their throat and crush it, then we'll know that this Bears team is likely to be ready in January.  If they come out flat and let Miami stick around then we still have work to do and will probably lose the game and give Miami a big signature moment.  I'd love to win the toss get the first score and if the defense goes there and out to follow I think Miami will give up and Adam Gase's tenure will be all but over.  

17 hours ago, dll2000 said:

You guys should listen to Nichols interview on, I think, all access Bears Podcast.  

Very likeable kid and he talks extensively about Hicks taking him under his wing. 

Nagy is picking up a lot of high character guys it seems. 

Seems like a nice kid, although this borders on the unlistenable because of how many times he says "you know." I'm excited to watch his growth; I think Pace might have found something.  

On 10/12/2018 at 11:38 PM, cddolphin said:

Accurate breakdown with the exception of the bolded, where I'll strongly disagree. Tannehill throws ropes and can make all the deep outs, long balls, and bullet passes necessary. That's not where he struggles.

I watched highlights of all the Miami games.  Tannehill has a little Cutler in him.  He can make terrific throws but I saw him throw a ball to 3 Raiders DBs with his receiver barely in the picture.  It seems almost certain that he will give the Bears a turnover.  

Mitch versus the blitz look scares me a little.  It would be great if this was Mitch's focus this week (last week it was htrowing the deep ball after practice) because against Arizona he folded under blitzes.  I like the idea of pounding Howard a lot more than last week, but beyond that it would be smart to limit the deep throws in favor of underneath/crossing routes to mismatches like Cohen and Gabriel.  But this is Nagy's wheelhouse, so I will look forward to his gameplan.  

PS - I liked the idea that Nagy shared before the Bucs game: What does their defense see about it that it wasnts to exploit?  How will the Dolphins try to tilt the field based on what Mitch/Nagy want to do?  The chess game that is coaching...

In my preseason predictions I had Miami as 4-2 after the Chicago game (which I had as a loss), and I think after today they'll be 3-3. Close enough, at least it's an NFC matchup.

With Brock starting (and Wake, Harris, McCain all out on defense) my confidence is pretty low. I'm mostly looking forward to how our defense performs.

5 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

In my preseason predictions I had Miami as 4-2 after the Chicago game (which I had as a loss), and I think after today they'll be 3-3. Close enough, at least it's an NFC matchup.

With Brock starting (and Wake, Harris, McCain all out on defense) my confidence is pretty low. I'm mostly looking forward to how our defense performs.

Any given Sunday man. 

Just now, Nads786 said:

Any given Sunday man. 

Yah I mean I'm watching and will be cheering. Nagy's offensive explosion coming right before the bye, and the long prep time they had has me worried. If Miami wins it'll have to keep Chicago under 21 points.

6 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

Yah I mean I'm watching and will be cheering. Nagy's offensive explosion coming right before the bye, and the long prep time they had has me worried. If Miami wins it'll have to keep Chicago under 21 points.

I feel like when a backup gets a shot they perform well because the defense doesn’t adequately prepare for his tendencies.

Archived