Week 5 thoughts

deeluxx3

Bruh that was some hard ish to watch

• One of those games where you just immediately know that we don't have it. Jags Week 16 when Marcus broke his leg comes to mind. Early fumble, D gave up a TD. just brutal from the jump
  • We're really missing Woodyard
  • Got absolutely wrecked in the trenches. Casey made some splash plays -- what's new? -- but as a whole we were very disappointing there
  • Awful tackling all around
  • Evans was a liability. Then started crying on social media. Not what you want to see out of someone you'd expect to be a captain one day, but he's young
  • WR play is just terrible. Nobody outside of Davis really makes plays for Marcus. I think we desperately need to look elsewhere
  • The Walker loss was no more evident than yesterday. We're clearly not going to be able to replace him even in the slightest
  • Jonnu Smith, right now, is a terrible football player
  • Lost Lewan and the whole OL went to crap. There has to be someone on the street better than Marz that can play until Kelly is back
  • Interior OL cannot run block
  • The stupid "no respect" crap sure came back to bite us in the butt. Can't talk that talk if you cannot even come close to walking that walk
  • First game all season where I questioned LeFleur's gameplan. Didn't even seem like there was one. We've targeted Corey a ton this whole season, and then barely look his way it seemed yesterday
  • I'm not saying we're the "same old Titans," but this game has the same stench that the Cards/Niners games from last year did
  • I was hoping that Nick Williams would become our scrappy chain-mover, a nice offseason surprise. Clear that he will not be

We could not have played worse. The defense did enough to win, they were also playing easily the worst offense in football.

The offense deserves this loss. Devastating mistake after devastating mistake. Two drives where you had a chance to take the lead and you let the ball get away from you.

Wide receiver should have been fixed in March. Or April. Or on cut day. Spent all offseason talking about how we were one injury away from Tajae playing a big role. But apparently I was underselling it. We were one quitter away from guys that have never been NFL caliber wide receivers being on the field for big moments.

Maybe these last two weeks will wake JR up. You can’t have the Nick Williams and Darius Jennings of the world playing nearly 30 snaps when you’re already playing a TE 85% of the time that your quarterback has no faith in.

Very frustrated the Titans had a chance to jump out to a 2 game lead and remain 2nd in the AFC overall.

Titans probably will bounce back vs Baltimore but this team needs to be better.

Hopefully Kelly is back because if Lewans out and Marz or what ever his name is has to start we’re porked

Titans let one slip away on to Baltimore 

Well only team that really has shown themselves to be boss right now is Kansas City and Cincy. Bu I have a hard time trusting either. KC always starts hot then fizzles. Cincy does well in reg season and then chokes. But it's a new season. 
Chiefs have a confident QB and Cincy seems to have found a new life offensively for the moment. 

Outside of that the rest of the AFC is 3-2 or 2-3 basically. Two at the top (Chiefs and Bengals). Two at the bottom (Colts and the Raiders).

We missed a chance to get some cushion.  But we didn't screw ourselves. Division is still ours for the taking. 
Colts are better than their record, but still at the bottom.
Texans got a little mojo, but Watson is going to hurt that team as much as he helps it, in my opinion. Either by his play or by being injured. Dude was getting rocked.
Jags are still our puppets until proven otherwise or until they bench Blake, which they will probably do right before the play us and make this forum explode.

We are like the Ravens and most of the teams in the AFC. Good when we want, average when aren't and terrible when don't need to be. (did that make sense? lol) 

1 hour ago, KingTitan said:

Well only team that really has shown themselves to be boss right now is Kansas City and Cincy. Bu I have a hard time trusting either. KC always starts hot then fizzles. Cincy does well in reg season and then chokes. But it's a new season. 
Chiefs have a confident QB and Cincy seems to have found a new life offensively for the moment. 

Outside of that the rest of the AFC is 3-2 or 2-3 basically. Two at the top (Chiefs and Bengals). Two at the bottom (Colts and the Raiders).

We missed a chance to get some cushion.  But we didn't screw ourselves. Division is still ours for the taking. 
Colts are better than their record, but still at the bottom.
Texans got a little mojo, but Watson is going to hurt that team as much as he helps it, in my opinion. Either by his play or by being injured. Dude was getting rocked.
Jags are still our puppets until proven otherwise or until they bench Blake, which they will probably do right before the play us and make this forum explode.

We are like the Ravens and most of the teams in the AFC. Good when we want, average when aren't and terrible when don't need to be. (did that make sense? lol) 

It's time to not be like most teams, though!! Fact is this -- we showed up to a game totally unprepared and got dominated. That's a stench that has carried with us throughout the years. Teams that do that don't win super bowls.

that drop doesn't necessarily have to be a character-defining moment for Williams. He did have a great punt return and could become a poor mans Cole Beasley. 

Yeah the receivers aren't good, but if we had even a decent tight end right now that make a huge difference.

Our defense is one of the best in the NFL currently. At least 26(gave 10 to Miami, 7 on a kick return, 3 off an INT,  6 to philadelphia, 3 off a INT, 3 off a long punt return, gave up 10 to Buffalo) of the points they've "given up" have come off turnovers in our territory or kick returns. You'd have to do that for every team to get a fair number for everyone obviously, but if you take those 26 points off, the Titans are giving up 12 ppg. Even as it sits now, they're tied for 4th with Jacksonville just allowing 17.2.

3 hours ago, deeluxx3 said:

It's time to not be like most teams, though!! Fact is this -- we showed up to a game totally unprepared and got dominated. That's a stench that has carried with us throughout the years. Teams that do that don't win super bowls.

Oh yeah. This is true. But those are my thoughts after this week. We haven't set ourselves apart. We are part of the crowd. 

Someone on local radio explained it well. Saying that the league wants everyone to be an 8-8 team. And for most part this is true. Every team is a couple plays from being 10-6. Or 6-10. Just a couple plays. 

Until they prove otherwise. They are a 9-7 type team. 

Can win more than we lose. Make the playoffs and depending on matchup, win. 

Until we get an elite talent on the team, on either side of the ball. We will will be a most of the NFL type team. Going back and forth between good wins and hurtful losses like this one. 

Just looking at the difference in how we started this game vs last week it looked like the gameplan was to be very conservative. I know when you lose several positions due to drops on 3rd down and turnovers you don't get as many plays, but we really wanted to dink and dunk it seemed like.

Archived