Week 6 GDT: Browns vs. Team Formerly Known as San Diego

MistaBohmbastic

Weel 6 GDT: Browns vs. Team Formerly Known as San Diego  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Who ya got

3 minutes ago, hornbybrown said:

It wasn’t just Landry, most of the team just wasn’t there today. I wonder if all the overtime games caught up with them today?

I wonder if the players bought into the hype of being .500, snoop, media darlings etc they were acting like they were the patriots or something. 

15 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I think we beat Tampa Bay next week. That’s a terrible defensive team and they can’t run the ball at all.

Hopefully. Their biggest strength is their passing game, and our pass defense has been very good for the most part this season. Their defense is definitely garbage, so it will be a good opportunity for Baker and company to bounce back after a terrible offensive performance.

This whole Darnold vs. Mayfield controversy that's suddenly brought the Darnold love and Baker hate back into this forum is laughable. It's nonsensical. 

Remember when Darnold started against the Lions, and after a rough start, he dominated that game? Two weeks later, he came into First Energy Stadium and **** the bed. Then, everyone's freaking out and saying we made the right pick because Baker saved our day. The impulse of fans judging rookie QB's is ridiculous. 

We knew a bad game was overdue whether we wanted to admit it or not. Guess what? Darnold has had crap games too. This is the life of a rookie NFL QB surrounded by a young, immature supporting cast. Rookies NEED this kind of adversity. I've always felt that the greater the adversity, the greater the lesson taught. Baker has the right attitude and approach to this. For those who heard his press conference, you know he's taking this game in stride, and will do everything in his power to correct the mistakes. We know what he's capable of, we've seen it. This isn't the defense and the rest of the NFL suddenly figuring out how to defend him, so don't get your panties in a bunch. The Chargers have an elite secondary, and the pass rush wasn't exactly what one might consider non-existent. A rookie QB hesitated today...GET OUT OF TOWN! NOT MY QB! Pshh, okay.

Regardless of all of this, unless you're @Mind Character and you have the ability to travel between dimensions, Baker is our QB. No matter how badly you all want Darnold or you want to be right, we're all still Browns fans. We WANT this team to win, and we KNOW they can, despite the growing pains. 

It's a roller coaster ride, gents. Don't let the highs and the lows yank our opinions in one direction or another.

We got outcoached really badly this game.  On top of that our WRs are bad/decimated, bad run defense finally showed up big time, infuriating sequence of special teams play to start the game, Baker finally playing like a rookie.  We will be good though, the fans that is, we are used to compartmentalizing Browns catastrophes.

I don’t remember Shon Coleman getting abused as badly last season as Hubbard did yesterday.

Danny Shelton could have been useful yesterday too.

I can at least see the value in moving Shelton, but I still don’t understand why we traded Coleman who was at least a mediocre RT.

I like a lot of what Dorsey has done, but I’m not so sure about these moves.  

27 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I don’t remember Shon Coleman getting abused as badly last season as Hubbard did yesterday.

Danny Shelton could have been useful yesterday too.

I can at least see the value in moving Shelton, but I still don’t understand why we traded Coleman who was at least a mediocre RT.

I like a lot of what Dorsey has done, but I’m not so sure about these moves.  

He was at least a below avg RT last year. He played like a played you try and replace. You either hope Hubbard improves or you try and find a new RT next off season. During camp and what not, Coleman looked even worse. He was out played by Hubbard in. Camp. 

Archived