Week 6 GDT: Browns vs. Team Formerly Known as San Diego

MistaBohmbastic

Weel 6 GDT: Browns vs. Team Formerly Known as San Diego  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Who ya got

16 minutes ago, bruceb said:

I want to see more plays called with a higher probability of success, especially when we do not need a whole lot of yards to keep the chains moving.

2nd and 1, run, convert. run at the a or b gap for a yard or two. 

Or great time to take a play action shot, but not a te screen.

1 hour ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

Yes, you're absolutely right. However, he overthrew his target on his three deepest passes this season thus far. That's more of what I'm referring to. I want to see him land a bomb right in the bucket. 

Say what you will about Rivers' "tendencies," but see the below diagram. He's peak P-Rivvy right now.

Who was it that was saying Baker completed below 50% of his passes when he was blitzed?

also who said it that Rivers isnt the greatest when he is pressured...

29 minutes ago, bruceb said:

I want to see more plays called with a higher probability of success, especially when we do not need a whole lot of yards to keep the chains moving.

haley has never been an OC that plays it safe and Baker isnt the QB who is going to play it safe, by that, Baker isnt going to hit the 5 yard in route when its 3rd and 8/9 and the offense comes up a yard short. Baker will be aggressive but not recklessly turn the ball over like Kizer

10 minutes ago, pnies20 said:

I can't believe we're running with ratley and willies as our 3 and 4 WRs. Heard the Matthews workout/physical went well. Wonder what the issue was.

Not ideal but be where you are supposed to be and catch the football. We aren't asking them to be able to beat a #1 corner. If you have any separation Baker will give you a chance to come down with the ball. We don't need great WRs in my opinion, Baker can and will throw to covered receivers who have a half step or position. It would be really nice if they could catch though, that is important to our offense. Otherwise take your 9 to 16 yard catch and we will line up and do it again.

53 minutes ago, buno67 said:

also who said it that Rivers isnt the greatest when he is pressured...

See my post, I quoted him. lol

48 minutes ago, buno67 said:

haley has never been an OC that plays it safe and Baker isnt the QB who is going to play it safe, by that, Baker isnt going to hit the 5 yard in route when its 3rd and 8/9 and the offense comes up a yard short. Baker will be aggressive but not recklessly turn the ball over like Kizer

Agreed. You can't go far in this league playing it safe. You gotta take chances, and you gotta have a QB who's competent enough to allow those risks to flourish into rewards, Baker is just that.

8 hours ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

See my post, I quoted him. lol

Agreed. You can't go far in this league playing it safe. You gotta take chances, and you gotta have a QB who's competent enough to allow those risks to flourish into rewards, Baker is just that.

Not gonna lie in years past, when it came to 3rd and long, I assumed it’s going to result in a punt because of poor QB play and poor play calling. 

Right now Baker in 3rd and 10+ situations he is 9/14 for 132yards 4 First downs and a rating for 102. Crazy part that stat could be even better if some drops were actual catches. He has been pretty money on 1st and 10 and 3rd and 10. I think with Baker’s ability to make the play on 3rd down, that allows 2nd down plays to be the big plays type plays. 

Also his stat line when he is facing 10yards or more to go, regardless of the down, he is 41/65 551yards 2TDs/1int 98rating 19 first downs. 

I knew baker was playing well in those high leverage situations, when the defense has the advantage, Baker has been pretty damn good and didn’t reallt realize it until I really looked at the stats. Again they could be even better if the drops were catches. 

I know ppl complain about the reverse/end around but it forces the contain guys to play honest. If those plays are getting sniffed out as quickly as they have been, it means the other plays are working because it means those contain guys arnt crashing and making big splash plays. The minute those contain guys start playing unsound assignment football, those end around/reverse plays are gonna hit big. 

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

Not gonna lie in years past, when it came to 3rd and long, I assumed it’s going to result in a punt because of poor QB play and poor play calling. 

Right now Baker in 3rd and 10+ situations he is 9/14 for 132yards 4 First downs and a rating for 102. Crazy part that stat could be even better if some drops were actual catches. He has been pretty money on 1st and 10 and 3rd and 10. I think with Baker’s ability to make the play on 3rd down, that allows 2nd down plays to be the big plays type plays. 

Also his stat line when he is facing 10yards or more to go, regardless of the down, he is 41/65 551yards 2TDs/1int 98rating 19 first downs. 

I knew baker was playing well in those high leverage situations, when the defense has the advantage, Baker has been pretty damn good and didn’t reallt realize it until I really looked at the stats. Again they could be even better if the drops were catches. 

I know ppl complain about the reverse/end around but it forces the contain guys to play honest. If those plays are getting sniffed out as quickly as they have been, it means the other plays are working because it means those contain guys arnt crashing and making big splash plays. The minute those contain guys start playing unsound assignment football, those end around/reverse plays are gonna hit big. 

Great stuff Buno. Yeah, he's really excelled in those long down situations. It's been an incredible thing to watch. In years past, it was basically a given that we'd be punting. I can't really put into words how awesome it is to see Bake thrive in the toughest of times.

58 minutes ago, bigjohnson2009 said:

Chargers forum is lit

*Goes to Chargers forum to see what all the fuss is about*

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

Not gonna lie in years past, when it came to 3rd and long, I assumed it’s going to result in a punt because of poor QB play and poor play calling

Right now Baker in 3rd and 10+ situations he is 9/14 (64%) for 132 yards 4 First downs and a rating for 102. Crazy part that stat could be even better if some drops were actual catches. He has been pretty money on 1st and 10 and 3rd and 10. I think with Baker’s ability to make the play on 3rd down, that allows 2nd down plays to be the big plays type plays. 

Also his stat line when he is facing 10 yards or more to go, regardless of the down, he is 41/65 (63%) - 551yards - 2TDs/1int  - 98 rating AND 19 first downs.

Think Baker has made a difference? Uhh, yeah.

10 hours ago, pnies20 said:

I can't believe we're running with ratley and willies as our 3 and 4 WRs. Heard the Matthews workout/physical went well. Wonder what the issue was.

One maybe it’s Mathews waiting to see how other workouts go to get the most money. Two maybe Haley likes the young guys who have been here since they were drafted/ signed as UDFA. Also some should want to see Willies to play more to see what he can do since he is the biggest WR at 6’4

10 hours ago, pnies20 said:

I’d imagine we’ll see more of Duke in the slot and Njoku and DeValve as well.

Willies and Ratley will likely be our 5th or 6th options, or so I hope...

2 hours ago, buno67 said:

Those are some awesome stats there brother

18 hours ago, brownie man said:

I see us losing pretty handedly 

Chargers are the better team and have only lost to Chiefs and Rams. 

Theyre offense is explosive and they’re defense can apply pressure. 

Unless we dominate in the run game I don’t think we have a chance. 

I'm not conceding that they are a better team right now, we easily could be at least 4-1 and realistically 5-0 and we play some quality teams ourselves. Secondly, outside of Ingram, they have to bring Derwin James down to get any type of significant pressure which is bad for them, they can be exploited deep, also from what I remember last year it was a close game until the sack fumble by Bosa (Who isn't playing) to ice the game in because we were driving to cut it to 17-19 with the horrible roster we had last year. If we can play a complete game we are the ones that can win pretty handily IMO

Archived