Ajayi goes to IR

Blahstoise

I understand the injury bug has gotten the better of us, but if we ran more I don't think it would seem like such a hole at RB. 

FAs out there that came to mind right away. Just to spell Clement, Smallwood and Adams 

Zack Zenner - coached against him in HS...decent athlete lost the numbers game in Det. 

Orleans Darkwa - ok when given a shot in NY

Terron Ward

Grab someone off someone's practice squad. Please don't trade for anyone significant just because.  

15 minutes ago, nlesthought said:

Grab someone off someone's practice squad. Please don't trade for anyone significant just because.  

You do realize that depending on Clements health moving forward our top 3 RB from last year's SB are gone? That's the definition of a Need.

You seriously comfortable with Clement, Smallwood, Adams? 2 of the 3 can't block or catch. At least a older Shady can do all 3 and make that play when he's on the field , "unpredictable".

Without a running game this team is going nowhere. Without proper protection from the RB position, Wentz will be on IR by week 8. I don't care what it cost to take pressure (Superman Complex) off Wentz! His health is my only concern at this point.

My only question is, can we take on the salaries of any of these players?

1 hour ago, ninjapirate said:

I don't think shady is even an upgrade over clement and Smallwood at this point in his career 

Plus he's like one dumb incident away from getting suspended
He went from just being kind of a d!ck to being a turd the last couple of years

9 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

You do realize that depending on Clements health moving forward our top 3 RB from last year's SB are gone? That's the definition of a Need.

You seriously comfortable with Clement, Smallwood, Adams? 2 of the 3 can't block or catch. At least a older Shady can do all 3 and make that play when he's on the field , "unpredictable".

Without a running game this team is going nowhere. Without proper protection from the RB position, Wentz will be on IR by week 8. I don't care what it cost to take pressure (Superman Complex) off Wentz! His health is my only concern at this point.

My only question is, can we take on the salaries of any of these players?

I was only talking this year. There will be quite a bit of FAs in '19

TJ Yeldon

Spencer Ware

Latavius Murray

Mike Davis 

Alfred Blue

Tevin Coleman

Ty Montgomery 

Rod Smith

1-2 of those guys could easily be acquired and brought into the RBbC approach. 

This sucks. Outside of his teribble fumble he played well, scored touchdowns. Wish him well, because he seems to be a good guy and is most probably not retained after the season. Unless he signs a cheap one year prove it deal, but that's a longshot.

Someone mentioned Cleveland as a possible trade partner (3 capable backs there). I would welcome Hyde, Coleman and Shady as well. Now there is some speculation that Jordan Howard may be available. He would be a nice runner as well. 

1 hour ago, Jeezla said:

Would skittles be willing to come here? Package him and karl Joseph for a 4th and mills.

I dont see us trading for a RB over 30. Lynch is going to hit a wall at some point soon. Could be any day. 

Looking at the last few significant trades, we see that they were all for a young player, still on their rookie deal. Jernigan, Darby, Ajayi....

@Nabbs4u you said you werent sure how we fit any new player into our cap. But with the restructuring of Cox's deal, (IIRC) we save 6 million and change this year, and 8 figures next season (so between 10 and 11 million). And we also have something like 4 million in cap space as of right now.

Some reports are that the restructure was to free up space to retain our guys who are due extensions.  But really, whose contract is up in the next year or two and who we NEED to absolutely keep and will cost more than like 6 million a year?

Graham? Maybe. But hes what 30? And I doubt wed resign him if he wanted a big deal.

Darby? Would any of you want us to give Darby the kind of money he is going to want after seeing what hes done so far? He was hurt for 10 games in 2017, and was inconsistent when he played, and then after a "stellar" offseason, he has been garbage this year. Pass

Hicks? We just paid Bradham and Hicks needs to prove he can stay healthy for a full season. I cant see him getting more than 3 or 4 million AAV.

Noone else of note really. Agholor I think? Thats it.

So my point being: Its my belief that we freed up that space so that IF we can land someone like Bell (though I dont really want him at all), we can actually convince him to play by paying him.  

Or also could be for a RB not named Bell or David Johnson who has a cap hit thats slightly high for a back. IE Carlos Hyde , who signed a 3 yr 15 million dollar deal with Cle this last offseason but with just the first year guaranteed.

Thats why I think Hyde would be the best move. He is part of a crowded backfield. When Cle signed him, they didnt think theyd land a player like Chubb in the 2nd round IMO. They already have Duke Johnson as well who is a great compliment to either back. And Hyde is still in his prime, at 28 yrs old but with only 755 carries in his career (has gone over 200 just twice, with most being 240. Wed have him on a good contract, given hes signed for 2019 and 2020 for just 10 million total, but with neither year being guaranteed. 

Some not-so-sexy names I think could be possible are also :

Ameer Abdullah - Has 4 snaps all yr. Obviously Detroit is done with him. Would be able to land him for a 7th or 6th at most.

Mike Davis (Seattle)- Remember him? The guy who wrecked our run defense last year? Hes the odd man out in Seattle once Procise comes back next week, since they also have Chris Carson and 1st round pick Rashaad Penny. Would also be very cheap.

3 hours ago, Jeezla said:

Would skittles be willing to come here? Package him and karl Joseph for a 4th and mills.

Nobody will want Mills. We don't even want Mills. Mills doesn't want Mills. We can only trade Mills once we fire Schwartz and then whatever new team he Jedi mind tricks into running their defense, then we can trade Mills back to Schwartz.

Archived