Giants officially cut OT Ereck Flowers; Signed by Jaguars

carrolljcmc

Fresh-cut Flowers?

Que? They don't even want him as a back-up, who knows the offense?

Ah, well- doubtless the Surly One shall go on to a successful career in Stand-Up, based upon his laugh-a-minute exchanges with beat reporters over the years!

Image result for Ereck Flowers

13 minutes ago, footbull3196 said:

I thought Flowers was actually serviceable at RT instead of LT.  What happened here 

You were misinformed. He was merely slightly less horrible at RT. He got himself benched for some UDFA named Chad Wheeler in Week 3 or so. PFF has Wheeler as one of their worst OTs in the league and the Giants still would rather have him there than Flowers.

1 hour ago, footbull3196 said:

I thought Flowers was actually serviceable at RT instead of LT.  What happened here 

They should've moved him to guard..RTs face the same if not more of the leagues' best rushers nowadays...don't see how they thought it'd be any better

4 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

They should've moved him to guard..RTs face the same if not more of the leagues' best rushers nowadays...don't see how they thought it'd be any better

I'm a little surprised they didn't try this either.  He's not the most agile but I think his size would have helped against DTs and given him an advantage at an interior line position 

Flowers would have gone from the worst LT in the NFL to worst guard in the NFL. Tom Cable is more than welcome to trade a pick for him and attempt to turn him into a guard in Oakland if he wants, but it isn't gonna work. Flowers hasn't corrected any of his flaws since he entered the league, and he has been given every opportunity to do so. 

6 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Is he really that bad? Our OT situation is awful now

Yes. He still has not figured out almost anything about pass protection. In the run game, he actually isn't bad. But he is entirely unreliable in pass protection. If you want to go by PFF's metrics...

Archived