Assassins Creed Odyssey

Ty21

We really don’t like making threads for new games anymore do we lol

Liking this game so far but Ubisoft really needs to do something about AI. I just whistled at 4 enemies in a row and one at a time they came to my bush where I was hiding and assassinated them the exact same way lol

2 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Solid so far. Not much of a difference so far in gameplay from Origins but that’s not a bad thing. I’m not very far in the story mode so can’t comment much on it. Always loved the assassin creed games though so this was a must buy day 1.

I’m not too far but definitely more of an emphasis on naval combat like black flag 

2 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Solid so far. Not much of a difference so far in gameplay from Origins but that’s not a bad thing. I’m not very far in the story mode so can’t comment much on it. Always loved the assassin creed games though so this was a must buy day 1.

I've heard a lot of positive buzz about this game so I'm a little surprised it sounds like it's pretty similar to Origins. I liked Origins for the most part but not enough to buy Odyssey for a while if it's just more of the same. 

46 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Well that’s definitely not encouraging.... Black Flag was by far the worst IMO due to the naval combat.

Couldn’t disagree more.

It’s not that much but it’s there. 

I've only played older Assassin's Creed games and those sucked, IMO.  However, I have always heard good things about Origins.  I'm thinking of getting that game on Black Friday because it should be really cheap.  If that game is good then I'll play Odyssey.

Is there much more to this than there was in Origins? I liked Origins a lot, but toward the end it started getting really repetitive, and this just looks like more of the same with a few tweaks and a new setting.

Assassins Creed really needs to be every-other-year, because even if they're usually good games, they just aren't different enough to warrant a $60 purchase. 

Origins was great last year because there was a break and it really changed things up quite a bit. 

2 hours ago, jonu62882 said:

Which AC was the one with the really hard puzzles in it that you had to solve?  The one where it felt like you were in a space/time continuum or something was really difficult. Makes me want to go back and re-try it.

Revelations? Where you were Desmond Miles in present day and we’re stuck on the animus island and had to do those obnoxious first person puzzles?

Archived