Who will finish higher of all time? Drew Brees or Peyton Manning?

mdonnelly21

31 members have voted

1. 1. Who will finish higher of all time?

Manning.  But not because of the MVPs.  Just because he was so damn good for so many regular seasons.

But I don't think the gap is that large.  I would trust Brees over Manning in a postseason game easily.  And I think Brees should have the 09 MVP.  If not Brees, then Favre, but certainly not Manning.

47 minutes ago, Jlowe22 said:

Manning.  But not because of the MVPs.  Just because he was so damn good for so many regular seasons.

But I don't think the gap is that large.  I would trust Brees over Manning in a postseason game easily.  And I think Brees should have the 09 MVP.  If not Brees, then Favre, but certainly not Manning.

I have them even. Manning is elite...one of the greatest ever. He was better W/L than Brees in the regular season but a big part of that was playing in the AFC South. There were a few years that’s the Jags and Texans were good, but those years were far and in between. The NFC South has been much more competitive during Brees time with the Saints. I’m saying this as a Saints and Jags fan. That’s not to mention that the Saints defense has been bad more often than not...even historically bad. Not sure that comparing Brees to Manning is exactly comparing apples to apples. Lots of variables that make the analysis more tough. Most end up going Peyton over Brees mainly because he is Peyton Manning. Objectively, I think they are about as even as it gets. It’s tough to be better than Brees or Manning.  

4 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

I have them even. Manning is elite...one of the greatest ever. He was better W/L than Brees in the regular season but a big part of that was playing in the AFC South. There were a few years that’s the Jags and Texans were good, but those years were far and in between. The NFC South has been much more competitive during Brees time with the Saints. I’m saying this as a Saints and Jags fan. That’s not to mention that the Saints defense has been bad more often than not...even historically bad. Not sure that comparing Brees to Manning is exactly comparing apples to apples. Lots of variables that make the analysis more tough. Most end up going Peyton over Brees mainly because he is Peyton Manning. Objectively, I think they are about as even as it gets. It’s tough to be better than Brees or Manning.  

I give a slight edge to Manning.  To people saying it's not even close, I disagree.  I think it's close.  But I give the edge to Manning.  I think he's been more consistently great during the regular seasons.  But he's laid so many postseason stinkers, I think Brees closes the gap there a little.  I also think Manning gets a lot of credit he maybe shouldn't, simply because he's Peyton Manning.  I'm still salty he won the MVP in 09 also.

On 10/11/2018 at 7:19 PM, Jlowe22 said:

I give a slight edge to Manning.  To people saying it's not even close, I disagree.  I think it's close.  But I give the edge to Manning.  I think he's been more consistently great during the regular seasons.  But he's laid so many postseason stinkers, I think Brees closes the gap there a little.  I also think Manning gets a lot of credit he maybe shouldn't, simply because he's Peyton Manning.  I'm still salty he won the MVP in 09 also.

I agree with you on how close it is between Manning and Brees.  As far as being salty that Manning won the MVP in '09, that shouldn't be an issue.  Brees won more than he had a right to win that year too.  ;)

On 10/8/2018 at 10:21 PM, lancerman said:

Manning imo is third. The MVP's are really going to put it out of reach unless Breezy can win some rings.

I think Manning should be higher on the all time list but why should media voted awards have any impact on it?  Steve Nash is my favorite athlete of all time but he has more MVP’s than Kobe, Shaq, Olajuwon, Wade, KG, etc...  I don’t think that should be the deciding factor.

Peyton. 

Now Brees should have won the MVP in 2009, but for the most part Peyton was always seen as a better QB in their primes. People who dislike Manning may try to revise history and say Brees was better, but I don't think the majority will buy it. 

On 10/11/2018 at 8:09 PM, sammymvpknight said:

Question, do you hold it against Tom Brady for basically playing in one of the worst divisions in football for the last 15 years and having no real threat to even challenge them within their own division starting each season off with 6 wins on the board between Miami, Jets and Bills?

Archived