MNF WK 11 Chiefs at Rams NOT IN Mexico City

3rivers

If we are looking that far ahead Im picking the Rams for two reasons. For one, Week 11 is enough time for the Rams to get back possibly get back Talib and most definitely Zeurlein. Thats huge in terms of the Rams being whole again in the secondary and having their weapon on special teams. Secondly, I think this is a revenge game for Peters. I remember Peters when he was on Total Access after he was traded to the Rams, he said he didnt like how the Chiefs did Smith by trading him. I think Peters is going to want to come out and try to make Mahomes look bad by forcing some interceptions while also showing the Chiefs that you made a big mistake by trading him away. 

I also think in general though, the Rams have defensive players who can make stops. The Chiefs dont have that. Can they put up points against the Rams? Yes, but when it comes down to a possession or two or even a play or two, the Chiefs defense dont have the guys to make those plays against a talented Rams offense. The Rams have guys on their defense or even special teams with the way they block punts to make that difference when it comes to winning a football game.

Again it is way too early though, the Rams still have to go to Denver next week. They still have to play the Packers and go to the Saints the week after that. The Rams even play the Seahawks again right before they go to Mexico City to play the Chiefs. Meanwhile, the Chiefs have to go to the Patriots next week. They have to play the Bengals then play the Broncos again. They even have to travel to play a competitive Browns team. Like they have some tough games to worry about before they play the Rams. Its going to be interesting to see where these two teams are at by Week 11. 

1 hour ago, stl4life07 said:

If we are looking that far ahead Im picking the Rams for two reasons. For one, Week 11 is enough time for the Rams to get back possibly get back Talib and most definitely Zeurlein. Thats huge in terms of the Rams being whole again in the secondary and having their weapon on special teams. Secondly, I think this is a revenge game for Peters. I remember Peters when he was on Total Access after he was traded to the Rams, he said he didnt like how the Chiefs did Smith by trading him. I think Peters is going to want to come out and try to make Mahomes look bad by forcing some interceptions while also showing the Chiefs that you made a big mistake by trading him away. 

I also think in general though, the Rams have defensive players who can make stops. The Chiefs dont have that. Can they put up points against the Rams? Yes, but when it comes down to a possession or two or even a play or two, the Chiefs defense dont have the guys to make those plays against a talented Rams offense. The Rams have guys on their defense or even special teams with the way they block punts to make that difference when it comes to winning a football game.

Again it is way too early though, the Rams still have to go to Denver next week. They still have to play the Packers and go to the Saints the week after that. The Rams even play the Seahawks again right before they go to Mexico City to play the Chiefs. Meanwhile, the Chiefs have to go to the Patriots next week. They have to play the Bengals then play the Broncos again. They even have to travel to play a competitive Browns team. Like they have some tough games to worry about before they play the Rams. Its going to be interesting to see where these two teams are at by Week 11. 

lol aren't you a little Georgia peach..

Rams are suffering from a ton of injuries. And the D is playing some fierce matador defense.

More worried about the vicious Denver rushing attack this week tbh.

26 minutes ago, El ramster said:

lol aren't you a little Georgia peach..

Rams are suffering from a ton of injuries. And the D is playing some fierce matador defense.

More worried about the vicious Denver rushing attack this week tbh.

You are a little harsh on ton of injuries. Kupp and Cooks should be back for the Denver game. Its not like they are on the IR. If they arent back by the Denver game, certainly they will be back by Week 11. So will Zeurlein. He is close to coming back anyways. Talib is the only injury that will take time to come back from. If he isnt back by Week 11 then he should be back not too soon after. So Ill give you that one but Kupp, Cooks, and Zeurlein will be fine way before Week 11. So I am not panicking.

As for the defense, they have been up and down. The past two weeks havent been great but Ill keep saying it, the Rams defense show up when they have too and thats the 4th quarter. They have only allowed 2 FGs all season long in the 4th quarter. Thats playing Rivers and the weapons they have on offense. Thats play Cousins and the weapons they have on offense. If the Rams can clean up so things on defense they will be fine but when it counts the most in the 4th quarter the Rams still have Donald and Suh and the Chiefs dont. The Rams defense is stepping up at the right time and trust me I was frustrating with the way the defense was playing for the first 3 quarters. They locked it down in the 4th quarter as usual. We know nobody can stop the Rams offense so all the Rams need a few stops on defense. They dont have to be great just get a few stops thats it. The Rams didnt even punt in the 2nd half against the Seahawks. Thats with no Kupp and Cooks. 

Also you mention the Broncos. The one thing that they should be worried about is Gurley. Did you see what Hunt did to them two weeks ago? Better yet did you see what Crowell did to them this week? Gurley is going to have a field day. Plus the way Keenum is playing, he isnt going to do what Rivers, Cousins, or Wilson did. Like I think this is the week where the Rams defense get back to where they were against the Cardinals. Keenum is struggling, the Broncos are way worst stopping the run. Like I am not concerned one bit about this week or next week against the Niners. Ill be paying close attention to Week 8 against the Packers and Week 9 at the Saints. Until then I believe the Rams will be fine. No worries. 

Its still really early (there is always a 5-0 team at this time of year that ends up falling off significantly) but you really have to believe at this point that KC vs LAR truly could be a SB preview.  Both of those teams just have everything rolling right now and it may be hard for any other teams to stop them at this point.  If I had to guess which of them would be more likely to fall off I'd still go with KC simply because their defense is not good and Mahomes will be stuck with Andy Reid in the playoffs (a great coach who never does well in the playoffs).

Nice to see the Chiefs pass rush(Dee Ford!) finally coming on. I still like the Rams more overall. They seems more complete. Though if the Chiefs defense is at least middle of the pack then they’re going to be really rough to beat. 

Its too early for this thread. I don't think both teams will be undefeated then, certainly possible although the rams do have to play the 49ers in two weeks LOL

KC vs NE should be what we are talking about.

BB with extra time to prepare is usually money, especially against young QBs. 

Andy Reid has been gunning for BB ever since the eagles lost that superbowl to the pats. KC routed NE last year in week one, I think this will be a super high scoring game. 

Archived