MNF WK 11 Chiefs at Rams NOT IN Mexico City

3rivers

11 hours ago, Shake said:

I hope Mahomes ain't beating himself up too much over this loss. Dude was clearly extremely pissed at himself after it was all over. He put up an amazing fight. **** just happens sometimes. As a Chiefs fan I'm so proud of our quarterback.

He'll bounce back.  This won't impact him negatively at all going forward, but he should be highly upset at himself.  I don't want to say he cost his team the game, because without Mahomes they're not even in the game, but five turnovers and he directly gave points to the Rams defense... that's tough to swallow.

On 11/20/2018 at 9:56 AM, ET80 said:

Mahomes playing in the Air Raid had more to do with his draft status than anything - the logic was that no QB coming from that system ever panned out in the NFL. (Flawed logic, yes - but logic nonetheless). 

I really never got this argument either.

The Air Raid masks a lack of arm talent by not asking guys to make harder throws. So you’re going to find a lot of weak armed QBs who can find success at the college level with it. But that’s really the only common theme with them. There’s really no other defining trait of the air raid that you can point to as the reason for the lack of success. 

But here’s the thing, you can test the arm strength at the combine and in workouts. Once you do that, they’re just like every other prospect. Mahomes clearly had the arm strength, so I just don’t get how or why people viewed him negatively over that. It devolved into “Air Raid bad” instead of an actual look at why those QBs weren’t finding success.

Archived