MNF WK 11 Chiefs at Rams NOT IN Mexico City

3rivers

12 minutes ago, I <3 Faulk said:

Naaa. Rams fans were. Eagles fans were. That's where it ends. Wonder if them having it as a "big game" on the schedule release has anything to do with trying to push the L.A. market.

As a whole, Goff was already written off as a bust and nobody was clamoring for the Rams at all going into last season. The Rams were mocked for overpaying Woods, having little draft capital,  and trading for Watkins. A lot has changed since then.

I get what you are saying and I agree but I’m saying in general the public was really interested to see Goff v Wentz. It wasn’t a Rams thing it was a 1st overall pick v 2nd overall pick thing. As the season went on and it was clear the Rams was really good and so was the Eagles then the game became even bigger than just Goff v Wentz. 

55 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

The Rams defense is better than the Chiefs. They have struggled the past few weeks but even still they haven’t allowed a 4th quarter td and only have allowed 6pts total in the 4th quarter. The Rams defense have a shutout and two games where they pitched a shutout in the 2nd half. 

Also the Rams lead the NFL in pressure rate. That means they pressure the QB more than any team in the NFL. They just haven’t gotten home but eventually the sacks will come because the Rams put consistent pressure on the QB. Most of the Rams sacks they do have come in the 4th quarter when they need them the most. 

The Rams haven't been challenged yet. They dominate the 2 worst teams in football: Oakland and Cardinals. They get a home game against the Chargers and Vikings who could have easily won that and aren't close to as good as they were last year. They just about lost to a bad Seahawks team. Their toughest game will likely be against the Broncos since it's in Denver.

They really won't be tested though until the Saints game.

Then you compare that to the Chiefs schedule who has probably had the hardest schedule to open a season that I've ever seen.

@ Chargers--picked to win the division by almost everyone. One of the most talented rosters in football. HoF QB

@ Steelers--One of the hardest places to win in the NFL. Still one of the top offenses in football. HoF QB

49ers--Before Gorapolo was injured they were a decent team.

@ Denver--One of the most difficult places to win if not the most difficult due to altitude and defense

Jacksonville- Best defense in the NFL and many pegged as a SB team from the AFC...oh and it's on a short week. 

Next the Chiefs play @ NE with Brady who has his weapons back and against the surprisingly good Bengals.

@jaa1025 I agree the Rams schedule has been soft so far, but discounting the chargers as a tough opponent because they played them at home, when they literally play in the same city, and then using the chargers as a reason why the cheifs schedule has been hard is just ... Not a very compelling case. 

Cheifs schedule has undoubtedly been harder but all wins count the same in the standings. You can only beat who you play. 

I'm not advocating for the Rams by any stretch of the imagination. 

2 hours ago, jaa1025 said:

The Rams haven't been challenged yet. They dominate the 2 worst teams in football: Oakland and Cardinals. They get a home game against the Chargers and Vikings who could have easily won that and aren't close to as good as they were last year. They just about lost to a bad Seahawks team. Their toughest game will likely be against the Broncos since it's in Denver.

Then you compare that to the Chiefs schedule who has probably had the hardest schedule to open a season that I've ever seen.

@ Chargers--picked to win the division by almost everyone. One of the most talented rosters in football. HoF QB

@ Steelers--One of the hardest places to win in the NFL. Still one of the top offenses in football. HoF QB

@ Denver--One of the most difficult places to win if not the most difficult due to altitude and defense

Jacksonville- Best defense in the NFL and many pegged as a SB team from the AFC...oh and it's on a short week. 

Next the Chiefs play @ NE with Brady who has his weapons back and against the surprisingly good Bengals.

Dude... do you hear yourself? When the Rams beat the Chargers they haven't been tested, when the Chiefs beat them the Chargers are one of the best teams in the league? Winning in Pittsburgh is hard but winning in Seattle isn't? When the Rams beat up on the Raiders and Cardinals they're two of the worst teams but the 49ers are decent? C'mon man.

Getting tired of people pretending like the Rams haven't beaten anyone but you just destroyed your own argument over and over again with this post.

Both the Rams and Chiefs have played good teams and both have come out on the other side undefeated. See you on MNF.

3 hours ago, jjab360 said:

Dude... do you hear yourself? When the Rams beat the Chargers they haven't been tested, when the Chiefs beat them the Chargers are one of the best teams in the league? Winning in Pittsburgh is hard but winning in Seattle isn't? When the Rams beat up on the Raiders and Cardinals they're two of the worst teams but the 49ers are decent? C'mon man.

Getting tired of people pretending like the Rams haven't beaten anyone but you just destroyed your own argument over and over again with this post.

Both the Rams and Chiefs have played good teams and both have come out on the other side undefeated. See you on MNF.

I agree 100%. I feared this would happen though. Before the season people said the Rams would have a tougher schedule and they won’t sneak up on nobody. They are still beating teams to the tune of leading the NFL in point differential. 

What nobody talks about is the adversity the Rams faced in those games. They didn’t have their All-Pro Kicker and Kick/Punt Returner against the Cards and still won. They lost their two stud corners against Rivers and the Chargers and still won. They had to play on a short with didn’t even know it Peters was going to play and he was less than 100% against a talented passing attack in the Vikings and won. They lost both their top two receivers in a divisional opponent on the road in one of the toughest environments in the NFL and still won.

So instead of talking about how bad the Rams opponents are let’s talk about the adversity they had to face this season and still is undefeated. It’s hard to win games in the NFL. It’s even harder to win road games in the NFL. The Rams are unbeaten facing adversity. That’s impressive to me. 

5 hours ago, N4L said:

@jaa1025 I agree the Rams schedule has been soft so far, but discounting the chargers as a tough opponent because they played them at home, when they literally play in the same city, and then using the chargers as a reason why the cheifs schedule has been hard is just ... Not a very compelling case. 

Cheifs schedule has undoubtedly been harder but all wins count the same in the standings. You can only beat who you play. 

I'm not advocating for the Rams by any stretch of the imagination. 

Funny how the Rams schedule is always "soft." 

7 hours ago, jaa1025 said:

Huh??

@Chargers - tough game for sure - Rams also played the Chargers though, and right now the Chargers have one of the worst home fields - the Chiefs clearly had more fans at that game - so that's a push

@Steelers - one of the hardest places to win in the NFL - what's Seattle? So that's a push

Niners - Jimmy G went out and one could argue that before he went out, the Niners were storming back, so I'm not sure that the Chiefs were all that impressive - Niners D is terrible

@Denver - Rams are there this week

Jacksonville - Minnesota is a better team IMO

The Chiefs have played a tougher schedule by a hair. But the Rams have played Rivers, Cousins and Wilson - better than what the Chiefs have faced.

The Rams have given up over 30 points a game the past 2 weeks to the Vikings and Seahawks, and have averaged 28 points against them the past 3 weeks. None of the offenses the Rams have faced are as good as the Chiefs offense. While 60 points might be far fetched as mentioned earlier in this thread, I wouldn't be shocked to see another 30 to 40 points dropped on the Rams when they face the Chiefs.

Since this could be the Superbowl preview then the Chiefs could win in the regular season but lose in the Superbowl. That’s what happened in 1999 between the Rams and Titans. The Titans won in the regular season but the Rams won in the Superbowl. I’ll take that all the time.

Archived