Week 6 Steelers @ Bengals

MrCincinnati

20 minutes ago, INbengalfan said:

I see the Bengals winning Sunday, but probably losing in KC.

And even if they lose in KC, I see no reason to think a loss to one of the top teams in the NFL on the road is a precursor to the inability to win in January.

Agreed. Even if we lose both of these games it’s not like we are out of it. As long as we look good and can sneak away 1-1 the next two games I’ll be happy 

4 minutes ago, HangOnSloopy said:

Very worried about the Pass Rush this week.  I hope Lazor is ready to be creative and keep them off balance.  We need to get the ball out quick, and get the ground game going.  

For us to win, I think John Ross will have to make some big plays.  Haden will probably shadow Green, and we can't win just by going to Boyd.  This isn't Baltimore, Boyd and Mixon alone won't be able to keep up with the Steelers offense.  Need Ross to step up and abuse the other Steeler corners...

18 hours ago, TheVillain112 said:

For us to win, I think John Ross will have to make some big plays.  Haden will probably shadow Green, and we can't win just by going to Boyd.  This isn't Baltimore, Boyd and Mixon alone won't be able to keep up with the Steelers offense.  Need Ross to step up and abuse the other Steeler corners...

Haden isn't what he once was.  While still good, expecting him to take on AJ solo all game is inviting disaster for the Steelers.

37 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

Haden isn't what he once was.  While still good, expecting him to take on AJ solo all game is inviting disaster for the Steelers.

I agree.  Green can win a lot in this game.  So can Boyd.

It's looking good for Ross so far.  A FP today would be great in terms of him being fully ready.  Even if he doesn't catch a single pass, he'll really open up the field for Green and Boyd.

The big keys to this game though are going to be two things:

1) Can WJIII up his game and do a good job on Antonio Brown and Smith Shuster?  They don't need him to shadow, but he needs to lock down his side of the field.

2) Will the Oline win enough to keep Dalton clean?  Because there will be holes to exploit in this secondary.

Yes, the Steelers are big brother to this team.  But in situations like this, if the Bengals come out swinging and put up some early damage, that may be enough to erase the mental edge the Steelers have.  The Bengals have to shake the Steelers feeling that they're better, or else they will be better.

I still predict the Steelers win though.

49 minutes ago, TheVillain112 said:

He shadowed Julio last week and shut him down entirely in the first half.  I wouldn't underestimate Haden...

That's a relatively small sample size, and was likely just a gameflow thing.  He's been beat by lesser receivers all year.  The whole secondary has been pretty bad.

I think I'm over "steelers week". Really hate all the garbage out there. 

Steelers fans: "bengals players are dirty and cheap and I hope they die"

Bengals fans: "steelers players are just head hunters and scum of the earth"

Even the media gets in on it. I mean seriously, grow up. 

Archived