Week 6 Steelers @ Bengals

MrCincinnati

3 minutes ago, theJ said:

Won't be there after next week.  Half the team is hurt, the defense is pretty much down to Geno.  And have to play the Chiefs?  HA

4-3.  Steelers should be 4-2-1 after next week (Browns) with the tiebreaker (not that that matters with the tie).

Yeah we needed this one for sure. I think we can beat the Chiefs though. 

3 minutes ago, theJ said:

Won't be there after next week.  Half the team is hurt, the defense is pretty much down to Geno.  And have to play the Chiefs?  HA

4-3.  Steelers should be 4-2-1 after next week (Browns) with the tiebreaker (not that that matters with the tie).

Actually the Steelers are on bye.  So it'll be 4-3 and 3-2-1.  Still, that puts the Steelers in first.

I definitely would think hard about having Core down (unless, of course, there are only 46 healthy).  They need someone to catch some passes that isn't named Green or Boyd.  It's obvious that Core can't do it.

I don't know what I just watched but it didn't feel like a Steelers/Bengals game, was there a single personal foul penalty?  Seriously I understand completely how soul crushing this loss was for Bengals fans, I was in the stands during our loss to the Ravens two weeks ago.  Good Game Gentlemen, see you in week 17.

9 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

I don't know what I just watched but it didn't feel like a Steelers/Bengals game, was there a single personal foul penalty?  Seriously I understand completely how soul crushing this loss was for Bengals fans, I was in the stands during our loss to the Ravens two weeks ago.  Good Game Gentlemen, see you in week 17.

Yeah other than some bickering here and there it really didn't feel as intense as previous match-ups. Refs did a pretty good job of not calling tacky stuff and just letting the game play out.

While that certainly was a tough loss it was nice to see the offense come through at the end there. Not taking advantage of turnover opportunities and not hitting Ben a single time really killed us. 

I don't think we can hang with the Chiefs given our track record against rookie and scrambling QBs. They always seem to get the best of us for some reason.

7 minutes ago, Anonymous3 said:

Yeah other than some bickering here and there it really didn't feel as intense as previous match-ups. Refs did a pretty good job of not calling tacky stuff and just letting the game play out.

While that certainly was a tough loss it was nice to see the offense come through at the end there. Not taking advantage of turnover opportunities and not hitting Ben a single time really killed us. 

I don't think we can hang with the Chiefs given our track record against rookie and scrambling QBs. They always seem to get the best of us for some reason.

I think it's fair to say both of our defenses have their issues.  Multiple times today Pittsburgh found themselves with ridiculously big gaps in their secondary.  It didn't happen nearly as often to Cincy, personally I think their (your guys') secondary is better than ours, the one and most significant time it left itself vulnerable was the play that cost them the game.  The offense did their job for sure.  Us Steeler fans know a thing or two about the defense being a let down.  Turnover opportunities for both teams went uncapitalized so I feel like that was an equalizer but yes, not getting to Ben, that makes it harder in the secondary for sure and I think that was what happened on that last play because you guys appeared to rush a lot of guys and it left the secondary open.  They sold on that blitz hoping for a sack and we got lucky with AB having a lane.  These next few games for the Bengals are gonna be tough so it's obviously a big win for Pittsburgh, maybe a chance to take a hold on the division, but should the Bengals come out of these next four games 3-1 at worst, I think it's gonna be hard for anyone else to win the division.

The bright side is, this loss doesn't take away the Bengals' chances of being a playoff team.  I feel like had the Steelers lost today, it could've had a ripple effect and been exactly that for us.

Seems some people are upset about the no-call at the end of the game for the obvious OPI.

I'm not sure it makes any difference really.  They were already in field goal range and had to pick up more yardage too.

So no mention of the post game stuff?  Vince Williams literally walked over to our sideline after the game and started pushing and shoving players.  Mixon had to be pulled back.  Preston Brown got a shot in on one of the three Pitt players.  And there's zero reason for the three of them to be on our sidelines, closer to our tunnel, while most players were gathered in a mid field prayer or shaking hands on their way to the tunnel.  I'm sure it will all be on Burfict, according to the Steeler players involved.  They should be suspended for it.  I mean, Vince can admit he was head-hunting last year in "retaliation" for Shazier, or threaten to shoot Burfict on Twitter without repercussion.  The fact it isn't being talked about on TV is pretty telling as to who started it.  

So much for a clean game.

9 hours ago, theJ said:

Seems some people are upset about the no-call at the end of the game for the obvious OPI.

I'm not sure it makes any difference really.  They were already in field goal range and had to pick up more yardage too.

Well if it was a penalty it would have pushed them back and been a 58 yard FG. So no give me. I’m not gonna make excuses though. The defense flat out sucked that final drive. 

1 hour ago, johndeere1707 said:

Well if it was a penalty it would have pushed them back and been a 58 yard FG. So no give me. I’m not gonna make excuses though. The defense flat out sucked that final drive. 

That's fair i guess.  It's just rarely called that it's hard to be mad about.  I'd more upset about A) the defensive call and B) McRae being so sucked into the block.  He knew he had the inside.  But he still went outside and allowed himself to be blocked out there.

10 hours ago, INbengalfan said:

So no mention of the post game stuff?  Vince Williams literally walked over to our sideline after the game and started pushing and shoving players.  Mixon had to be pulled back.  Preston Brown got a shot in on one of the three Pitt players.  And there's zero reason for the three of them to be on our sidelines, closer to our tunnel, while most players were gathered in a mid field prayer or shaking hands on their way to the tunnel.  I'm sure it will all be on Burfict, according to the Steeler players involved.  They should be suspended for it.  I mean, Vince can admit he was head-hunting last year in "retaliation" for Shazier, or threaten to shoot Burfict on Twitter without repercussion.  The fact it isn't being talked about on TV is pretty telling as to who started it.  

So much for a clean game.

This is literally the first i've heard of this.  No one on any media has mentioned it.

Archived