Week 6 Steelers @ Bengals

MrCincinnati

23 minutes ago, INbengalfan said:

They started it.  Post game.  If we had done it, it would be national headlines

Also, this is another reason i'm sort of giving up on pro sports.  This kind of favoritism drives me nuts. 

I imagine the time my kids get into sports i won't have time for this anymore.  Which will probably be healthy for me.

I was pretty hammered yesterday, but it looked like from what I can recall:

• Dalton played well
  • Cody Core sucked
  • James Connor did whatever he wanted to us
  • Vance McDonald is not human
  • Marvin Lewis is a B* who punted multiple times instead of going for it on 4th down, so we deserved the L

1 hour ago, TheVillain112 said:

Only got 22% of the defensive snaps.  We were out-coached...

He played the entire last drive, and every single play was the same thing over an over again.  He'd charge up field, their LT would go super wide and run him deep and out of the play.  Throw in an outside in move to at least keep them somewhat honest.  Teryl Austin also should have been blitzing that gap inside of Lawson as well, the hole was there consistently.

22 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

He played the entire last drive, and every single play was the same thing over an over again.  He'd charge up field, their LT would go super wide and run him deep and out of the play.  Throw in an outside in move to at least keep them somewhat honest.  Teryl Austin also should have been blitzing that gap inside of Lawson as well, the hole was there consistently.

Austin + Marvin have been bad.  Also, we should have played Lawson more to get him time to adjust to what works and doesn't work versus the Tackle.  He stated himself (and other pass rushers have as well) is that they setup their rushes and get a feel for the LT over time.  The best pass rushers even have a low % of pass rushes that actually succeed but the ones that do a lot of times has to do with setting up the tackle from a previous series they've had...

btw, my biggest problem by far is the punting 3 times from around the 40.  When you do that, it's going to be a close game where if we're not perfect and we get a bad call, we're doomed.  Marvin needs to be more aggressive.  We might have had more of a cushion if he wasn't spineless against the Steelers and other tougher opponents.  He's shown he's willing to go for it on 4th down against lesser opponents of if we're down big, but in close games he needs to keep that aggressive mentality...

2 hours ago, TheVillain112 said:

btw, my biggest problem by far is the punting 3 times from around the 40.  When you do that, it's going to be a close game where if we're not perfect and we get a bad call, we're doomed.  Marvin needs to be more aggressive.  We might have had more of a cushion if he wasn't spineless against the Steelers and other tougher opponents.  He's shown he's willing to go for it on 4th down against lesser opponents of if we're down big, but in close games he needs to keep that aggressive mentality...

Yeah this was probably the biggest coaching reason they lost.  There were other big reasons (injuries, missed opportunities on dropped balls, etc).  But from a coaching perspective, they had several fourth and shorts in a good spot on the field and didn't even try one of them.

The bad teams go for those and consistently don't get them.
The great teams go for those and consistently get them.
The average teams consistently punt.

The Bengals are average.

5 hours ago, theJ said:

Also, this is another reason i'm sort of giving up on pro sports.  This kind of favoritism drives me nuts. 

I imagine the time my kids get into sports i won't have time for this anymore.  Which will probably be healthy for me.

I missed the game because I was coaching my son's basketball team after taking my step daughter to softball.  Much better for the blood pressure. 

18 minutes ago, TheVillain112 said:

I'd like to see what he can do.  But I also agree that we need more LBs.  Nickerson ain't it, and he needs to be cut...

This team hasn't historically screwed up LB decisions.  Jefferson is likely worse than Nickerson at this point...

Archived