Does Your OL Suck? Your Coaching? How About a Certain DB?

RandyMossIsBoss

Falcons

Oline on pacento given up most said ksnever during Ryan's career so they are quiet terrible.

Coaching. Quinn is terrible in game management. Won't blame him for injuries but he's very stubborn with using players who are proven to be bad and not try other players.

Defensive backs have all been terrible this year 

Parnell seems to have regressed at right tackle. There were a half dozen plays on Sunday that he didn’t even get his hand on the pass rusher he was lined up on. And our backups are bad. We’re in real big trouble if Josh Walker (LT3) has to play more.

I’m not in love with our coordinators. They’re far too simplistic for my taste and get too conservative too easily. It could (and has been) much worse though.

I don’t think Barry Church is very good. But he’s not completely awful, more of a middle of the pack type. He’s not a whipping boy or anything, I would just prefer if someone was a bit better there.

31 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Checking in around the league on the top 3 scapegoats: OL, coaching and a single DB. 

Team: 

Are you satisfied with your OL?

Are you satisfied with your coaching?

Is there a major leak in your secondary, and if so, who?

It certainly isn’t the QB tho. Not ever. Unless there is an unproven rookie on the bench behind a vet, in which case the problems are all on the vet and the rookie will carry the team if given a chance. 

49ers

1 hour ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Weirdly, for a line that contains a Mike person and laken Tomlinson, yes. They struggled against the Vikings but have been solid every game since. The sack total looks high, but the quarterbacks have been notable in holding on to the ball waaaaaaaaaay too long. It's been really bad and I'd say it's responsible for about half the sacks given up. The Detroit game was brutal in this regard.  Person and Tomlinson are both playing at decent starter levels, Staley is still really solid, and McG has actually played far better than I thought he would. The worst part of our line has been center Weston richburg. 

We've also been one of the better run blocking lines except in short yardage (not surprising considering scheme). 

Defensively, not at all. People are calling for salehs head. Offensively under shanny, I have no complaints. Red zone work has improved. Right now the biggest struggle is just having a lack of players. McKinnon done for the year. Breida had been great, but now he's hurt as well. Garcon is a shell. Pettis has missed multiple weeks. I think Goodwin has played three quarters this year. 

Everyone not named Richard Sherman. The secondary had been horrific. Spoon and Ward have both been benched at points this season. Colbert at safety has been an unmitigated disaster. Tartt had been inconsistent

Bears

I am pretty happy with the OL. Leno, Long and Whitehair have all been great. Massie is by far playing the best he has in his career (not elite but actually pretty solid) and Kush has outplayed expectations. I would like to see James Daniels in at LG, he finally got some reps last week and showed he can anchor and quickly get to the 2nd level. Whitehair has had some high snaps but otherwise been really good for us, but he has been beat while trying to get a quick chip in to help Kush.

Nagy finally scaled down the offense. He said it wasn't fair to try and run the same offense in Smith's 5th year  as Trubisky's first year. The plays were long, took a while to get in, and then they were trying to make reads too quick. You could see his head swimming. Then he had guys like Robinson and Burton running 5 yard outs, shallow drags, etc while refusing to run a slant when there was soft coverage. He got caught in running outs, shallow drags and screens way too much.  But he ran more vertical routes and slants in week 4 and while scaling it back and making it more condensed helps there won't be another freakish 6TD performance, but I definitely expect to be better than the first 3 weeks. If he does that and doesn't get too cute with the formations and calls he will be setting himself up for success. Fangio sometimes infuriates me with his refusal to send extra pressure, but obviously with our guys he is still getting great results. I just didn't understand in GB when Rodgers wasn't near as mobile (where he is so dangerous usually) why you sit back MORE and let him pick you apart. To me that was when you dial it up and let Fuller and Amukamara start getting really physical at the line.

DBs have been great. Fuller dropped a game sealing INT vs GB in week 1 but otherwise has been playing really well. Amukamara is in his best streak as a player IMO, Callahan and Jackson have been studs all year. Amos is playing well but doesn't produce impact plays, but he is consistently good and doesn't give up big plays.

Overall I am really happy with the team. Been a long time since I said that.

13 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

No. Absolutely not.

God, no.

Anyone not named Kareem Jackson. And Kareem Jackson.

Team: Titans

Are you satisfied with your OL?: In terms of pass blocking, yes. It's maybe the best pass blocking o-line in football. In terms of run blocking? no.

Are you satisfied with your coaching?: Yes. Vrabel has brought much needed aggressiveness and along with Pees has the defense playing at a borderline elite level. LaFleur has had a lot of obstacles to overcome as OC with injuries to Mariota, Walker, Lewan, Conklin, Kelly and Pamphile, and Rishard Matthews deciding to quit on the team, leaving our receiving options pretty bare to go along with a QB that's not 100%. Despite that, he managed to put together some solid gameplans over the first 4 weeks of the season, but is coming off maybe his worst game against the Bills. Happy with him overall though.

Is there a major leak in your secondary, and if so, who?: Maybe Kendrick Lewis? But he didn't have any real lapses in coverage vs Buffalo(then again Buffalo sucks at passing) and should be fine until Vaccarro can return from his injury.

Archived