Drew Brees - new all time passing yardage leader

Mid Iowa

2 minutes ago, Raves said:

Yeah, that's right, let's use W/L without taking into account defenses, which Brees had for 3 years running the worst defense in NFL history at the time, not to mention a worse receiving core than the "GOAT".  Brady has been nothing but a god at QB, but Brees is right there with him.

Why do you Saint fans do this? 

Say yeah this player is better. Turn around 3 mins later and say,

You know what!!!! BREEEES IS BETTER

Begins to list a whole crap load of excuses. 

*WIPES TEARS 

Image result for it's real to me dammit gif

12 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

Getting to 1 Super Bowl is so much better than getting to 8.

Winnng 1 with 1 MVP is far better than Winning 5 with 4 MVPs

145-107 is a way better record than 199-57. Who doesn't want 54 less wins for their team?

7-6 in the playoffs destroys 27-10 in the playoffs any day. All those playoff wins means so much less time for golf or cleaning the garage.

Maybe you are on to something with that hot take?

Maybe you need to learn to count?

72,063>67,418

15 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

Getting to 1 Super Bowl is so much better than getting to 8.

Winnng 1 with 1 MVP is far better than Winning 5 with 4 MVPs

145-107 is a way better record than 199-57. Who doesn't want 54 less wins for their team?

7-6 in the playoffs destroys 27-10 in the playoffs any day. All those playoff wins means so much less time for golf or cleaning the garage.

Maybe you are on to something with that hot take?

Brees>Brady at passing yards.

Nothing more to it but you do you pal.

2 minutes ago, El ramster said:

Why do you Saint fans do this? 

Say yeah this player is better. Turn around 3 mins later and say,

You know what!!!! BREEEES IS BETTER

Begins to list a whole crap load of excuses. 

*WIPES TEARS 

Image result for it's real to me dammit gif

I'm drunk.   But honestly Brees really doesn't get the credit he deserves for being one of the best at QB ever.  Brady definitely has the more accomplished career, but it's hard to argue with Brees production as well.

1 hour ago, Mid Iowa said:

Drew Brees officially passes Peyton Manning as the all time passing yardage leader with a 62 yard TD Bomb to rookie Tre'quan Smith!

The best part is he isn’t a zombie with a noodle arm. Brees has the strength, the will and the passion. He needs another SB

1 minute ago, Raves said:

I'm drunk.   But honestly Brees really doesn't get the credit he deserves for being one of the best at QB ever.  Brady definitely has the more accomplished career, but it's hard to argue with Brees production as well.

face it dude. not once has their EVER been a brady vs brees GOAT conversation. 

brady v montana

brady v manning

sure. brees has never sniffed that status.

Just now, Asciimo said:

face it dude. not once has their EVER been a brady vs brees GOAT conversation. 

brady v montana

brady v manning

sure. brees has never sniffed that status.

Why not?  Brees has had the stats.  He's won a title. Even when the rest of his team has been crap, he's still produced and let his team to no worse than 7-9. 

1 minute ago, Raves said:

Why not?  Brees has had the stats.  He's won a title. Even when the rest of his team has been crap, he's still produced and let his team to no worse than 7-9. 

when stat padding in a dome your entire career leads to one title, when you've had multiple SB calibre teams, that is why.

Damn, Brees can't even have the record without people feeling the need to defend Brady. Brees deserves to be in the GOAT conversation, and is a shame he can't ever get the same recognition Manning and Brady have all because he's had to carry hilariously bad defenses so many times. Hell, the dude is only 6ft to boot.

*yawn*

Doesn't mean much really. Bulk yardage just doesn't impress me anymore, especially in a dome.

However, record aside, Drew Brees is certainly an amazing quarterbacks, and definitely a Hall of Famer (I'm stingy about who I think should be in the HoF, and I came around on Brees much later than most I bet).

He's not a real candidate in the "GOAT?" discussion, but a truly great quarterback.

Archived