Drew Brees - new all time passing yardage leader

Mid Iowa

Just now, SkippyX said:

Its like bringing up Gretzky every time someone asks who is the best hockey player. (I'm sure those Oilers just had the best defense)

Its like bringing up Babe Ruth when someone wants to know who the best baseball player is. (The Yankees just had the best hot dogs)

That debate was never even brought up as a legit question though.

It was said "Brees>Brady" once that was more than likely not a serious post and was used as only bait---which you fell for.

10 minutes ago, Asciimo said:

passing yards is probably the least impressive stat a QB could pride themselves on. 

Testaverde was 7th all time in passing yards when he retired. He must be great.

Kerry Collins was around 10 or 11, another great QB.

2 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

Testaverde was 7th all time in passing yards when he retired. He must be great.

Kerry Collins was around 10 or 11, another great QB.

yep just a meaningless thing to toot a horn on.

even when Brady eventually takes #1 passing yards, i'll believe the same thing. who cares. 

8 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

That debate was never even brought up as a legit question though.

It was said "Brees>Brady" once that was more than likely not a serious post and was used as only bait---which you fell for.

So there wasn't anyone talking smack about alternate realities where poor little unfortunate Drew had a better defense?

Its not fair!!!

Randall Cunningham faced a Super Bowl winner in his own division in 1985, 1987, 1990, 1991(he got hurt, anyway), 1992, 1993(hurt again), and 1995

That's 7 of 11 seasons in Philly. I think I just found the ITS NOT FAIR GoaT!

He did play well enough to be league MVP in 1990 and 1998, who's to say he was not going to be league MVP level in 6 years if Gibbs, Parcells, and Jimmy did not hold him back?

He also had no O-line, idiots for coaches, and almost no running game.

So take your pick. This reality its Brady and alternate reality you get Cunningham.

3 minutes ago, DannyB said:

It should be downplayed. Context matters.

Are you more impressed with Peyton's record breaking TD year in '13? Or with Marino's '84 or Peyton's '04?

I'm very impressed with Drew Brees surpassing 5,000 yards 5 times in his NFL career compared to the rest of QB's in NFL history surpassing 5,000 yards in a season 4 times in NFL history.

Context does matter, which works in Drew Brees favor as he has consistently led the league in passing yards and deserves holding one of the biggest records in the NFL. He isn't just an accumulator playing well past his prime to get this record, he is still playing great and in every context of this impressive record deserves it

4 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

I'm very impressed with Drew Brees surpassing 5,000 yards 5 times in his NFL career compared to the rest of QB's in NFL history surpassing 5,000 yards in a season 4 times in NFL history.

Context does matter, which works in Drew Brees favor as he has consistently led the league in passing yards and deserves holding one of the biggest records in the NFL. He isn't just an accumulator playing well past his prime to get this record, he is still playing great and in every context of this impressive record deserves it

He's an impressive quarterback with an impressive career.

9 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

So there wasn't anyone talking smack about alternate realities where poor little unfortunate Drew had a better defense?

Its not fair!!!

First of all, what in the world does this post have to my reply?

Second of all, and most importantly, what in the world does this statement have to do with Brady? But thanks for proving my point. Some of you patriots fans are so obsessed with Brady that you go to lengths to defend him even when there's no need to. 

In order to steer this conversation back to where it SHOULD be(aka not about Brady), what do you think about Brees?

1 minute ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Second of all, and most importantly, what in the world does this statement have to do with Brady? But thanks for proving my point. Some of you patriots fans are so obsessed with Brady that you go to lengths to defend him even when there's no need to. 

In order to steer this conversation back to where it SHOULD be(aka not about Brady), what do you think about Brees?

probably top 10 all time. pretty good stat accumulator.

Brees is one of the top 10 QBs of all time and anyone who doesn't vote him in on first ballot should lose their vote.

He's also got 29 TDs to 9 picks in the playoffs with a 100+ rating.

It does not mean you should pretend he is better than what he is.

You are being dishonest if you don't acknowledge that the dome, Sean Payton, very good multi-purpose backs, and the same system for 13 years has not helped him greatly.

He has also had a bunch of fast and talented WRs while in New Orleans.

He was not a special QB in 5 years at San Diego (although you could see it in 2004)

6 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

So now this thread is in an alternate reality where you said there was 1 post about Brady and I pointed out another 1 and you think it is irrelevant because you are the arbiter of this reality.

I am trying to keep up with your rules here, but you are all over the place.

5 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

I really can't wait until Brees breaks another big record! This has truly been a glorious experience to see all the insecure butt hurt fans post on here. Heaven forbid Brees gets the spotlight for a night lol

You can't really ever enjoy a wonderful sporting event without having to lie to yourself on a message board about it being greater than it was!

How dare people stop you by disagreeing with you on the internet... on your internet!

You do know there is a Saints specific section around here somewhere, right?

Archived