Drew Brees - new all time passing yardage leader

Mid Iowa

33 minutes ago, Gannon12 said:

The saints are on their way to the playoffs at this rate. I always root for other teams I like because my team blows, and the Saints and Browns are the ones for me. Hope Brees makes it all the way

mayfield reminds me of Brees, so how about if they play for the SB, would that be good for you to watch? I expect Brees to get another SB, but it's just when? 

9 minutes ago, showtime said:

I watched him during his time in San Diego.  Brees was actually bad/mediocre during the beginning of his stint with the Chargers - that's what caused the team to draft a QB that high.  After they drafted Rivers, Brees started to become pretty good and the rest is history.

He was I saw first hand. He turned it around 

Awesome accomplishment for one of the greatest to do it. 

So many different what-ifs that would drastically change how we look at Brees. What if he never hurts his shoulder in SD? What if he signs with a team like Miami? What if the Saints has a defense worth squat post-SB? 

Brees is top 5-10 all time, no doubt.

6 minutes ago, Raves said:

Seriously?  Name the fast/talented WRs that Brees has had in his career in New Orleans.  Dude has had less talented receiving talent than any of the top QBs in the NFL.  Peyton Manning has consistently had numerous 1st round talent WRs, Tom Brady had higher rated players coming out as well as though that were given accolades than Saints WRs, same with Aaron Rodgers.  the only 3 WRs that Drew Brees played with that had any significant buzz, that was actually backed up with stats, were Marques Colston (questionable as he was considered average by most and I dont' think ever made a Pro Bowl but coudl be wron, Michael Thomas, and Jimmy Graham (after most considered him a project after only 1 year of college FB, then dominated the NFL before disappearing in Seattle and Green Bay).

• Colston was an average receiver?  9k yards 68 TDs and 13.9 a catch in Brees' first 9 years in New Orleans. (2006 - 14)
  • Henderson averaged 20 yards a catch for the first 4 years Brees was in New Orleans. (2006-2009)
    • He was a 15 ypc guy over the next 4 years as well. (2010-2013)
  • Graham had 4400 yards and 46 TDs over 4 years from 2011 to 2014
  • Then he had Cooks for 2015, Thomas for '17 and '18 and both in 2016.

You make it sound like he was throwing to Pinkston and Thrash in Philly with McNabb or the 2016 Chiefs.

Brady won 3 Super Bowls with guys like Patten, Givens, Branch, and Troy Brown.

• There is not a single 1000 yard season for any of those guys

Just now, Gannon12 said:

Unitas over many greats????? I like him a lot but that is crazy

I mean he basically created the modern QB game and was the pre and early Super Bowl era. Has multiple championships including a Super Bowl ring. Was a 3x MVP. He broke the single season TD record at one point and was the first QB to break 40,000 yards in an era with less games per season and far less advantageous passing rules. He pretty easily has a case.

I feel bad for rivers a little bit. They either stack him offensively and have a putrid defense. He is definitely underrated. You put him on a series of other teams he has more rings than fingers but I applaud the team first mentality. Dan Marino status

Just now, SkippyX said:
  • Colston was an average receiver?  9k yards 68 TDs and 13.9 a catch in Brees' first 9 years in New Orleans. (2006 - 14)
  • Henderson averaged 20 yards a catch for the first 4 years Brees was in New Orleans. (2006-2009)
    • He was a 15 ypc guy over the next 4 years as well. (2010-2013)
  • Graham had 4400 yards and 46 TDs over 4 years from 2011 to 2014
  • Then he had Cooks for 2015, Thomas for '17 and '18 and both in 2016.

You make it sound like he was throwing to Pinkston and Thrash in Philly with McNabb or the 2016 Chiefs.

Brady won 3 Super Bowls with guys like Patten, Givens, Branch, and Troy Brown.

• There is not a single 1000 yard season for any of those guys

You're only looking at stats if you think Colston and henderson were anything more than average. Brees made THEM, they never made Brees. 

And noone cares what Brady did.

I'm sorry, but anyone calling Drew Brees a stat padder is a complete idiot and has no business being taken seriously by anyone on here. It's especially funny that it's a Patriots fan calling him a stat padder seeing as how Brady has padded his stats a ton over the years. Not knocking him for it... Just pointing out the laughable hypocrisy.

I do agree that bulk yardage in passing isn't all that impressive anymore... But how about we look at Drew Brees other stats... Not just bulk stats, but efficiency metrics as well.

Brees absolutely has an argument for being in the top five of all time.

1 minute ago, lancerman said:

I mean he basically created the modern QB game and was the pre and early Super Bowl era. Has multiple championships including a Super Bowl ring. Was a 3x MVP. He broke the single season TD record at one point and was the first QB to break 40,000 yards in an era with less games per season and far less advantageous passing rules. He pretty easily has a case.

I know he was great but your list with the distinction of QB favor. If you go down that shout then Brady is just a bystander 

Just now, JustAnotherFan said:

You're only looking at stats if you think Colston and henderson were anything more than average. Brees made THEM, they never made Brees. 

Please don't disparage Brady. This isn't about that. 

16 minutes ago, Gannon12 said:

I like the fact everyone wrote him off and his team drafted his replacement. Then he brings home a trophy and HOF career. He is definitely underrated 

I mean, he was looking like a bust for a little bit. If he could be considered that since he was a second rounder. Drafting Rivers made sense. 

5 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Whaaaaat?

1. Ask any real Saints fan if Colston was just an average receiver.
2. Brees has always had insane deep threats every year he's been in New Orleans. 

also can't leave out reggie bush, kamara, ingram...

Archived