Drew Brees - new all time passing yardage leader

Mid Iowa

3 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

You're only looking at stats if you think Colston and henderson were anything more than average. Brees made THEM, they never made Brees. 

And noone cares what Brady did.

Sure, but oddly enough before all those fast WRs and Sean Payton and the Dome, Brees was just a guy in 5 years of San Diego.

I think Brees is great, but pretending his WRs were bad is just lame.

2 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

I mean, he was looking like a bust for a little bit. If he could be considered that since he was a second rounder. Drafting Rivers made sense. 

Remember when Nick Saban picked Culpepper over Brees in Miami?

1 minute ago, Asciimo said:

Whaaaaat?

1. Ask any real Saints fan if Colston was just an average receiver.
2. Brees has always had insane deep threats every year he's been in New Orleans. 

Put Colston in ANY other other offense with another QB and he would be average. Colston was very underrated throughout his career but it was mainly Brees who made him what he became.

2 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

Sure, but oddly enough before all those fast WRs and Sean Payton and the Dome, Brees was just a guy in 5 years of San Diego.

I think Brees is great, but pretending his WRs were bad is just lame.

Are you going to ignore his major injury then? Look at stat sheets then. Cool. But I'm not. 

Just now, JustAnotherFan said:

Put Colston in ANY other other offense with another QB and he would be average. Colston was very underrated throughout his career but it was mainly Brees who made him what he became.

I'll agree that Brees usually hasn't thrown to the best receivers like Manning, Rodgers, Ben, but they were certainly capable. IMO, it's less of Brees "making" them and more of Sean Payton's system scheming them wide open deep down the field.

Just now, Wolverine_Joe said:

brees make it look easy.  a truly the most underrated player of in this generation.  and no doubt manning stole brees' mvp that year  :)

I wouldn't say he's underrated because I think most people realize how good he has been despite the lack of talent around him.

1 minute ago, JustAnotherFan said:

I wouldn't say he's underrated because I think most people realize how good he has been despite the lack of talent around him.

jesus, you're really running with this aren't you.

When has "Brees has no weapons" ever been said? You're making this up.

2 minutes ago, Asciimo said:

I'll agree that Brees usually hasn't thrown to the best receivers like Manning, Rodgers, Ben, but they were certainly capable. IMO, it's less of Brees "making" them and more of Sean Payton's system scheming them wide open deep down the field.

I would agree with this statement. From a far anyhow. Neither of us really know how much Brees' influence and input has had an effect on the offense as whole. I guess we could look at the year Payton was suspended as an example but that's too small of a sample size.

Just now, JustAnotherFan said:

maybe i should've said underappreciated because of brady/manning and then brady/rodgers.  

maybe things would've been different if brees played for cowboys instead of saints

if a 6ft 4 QB with a big arm had drew brees' career then i have no doubt in my mind he would've been regarded as a top 5 all time.     is brees regarded as a top 5 all time? i would say no.  yes bulk stats today now isn't the same, but brees is not about the bulk stats IMO.  brees is a flat out rockstar in my opinion.  

8 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

You can say that about a lot of receivers that put up numbers though. Even really talented guys can look average without consistent quality QB play. Even if that advantage is available though, tons of guys come and go. Like all of those Patriots receivers the last 15 years.

Archived