Jump to content
MKnight82

Fire Bruce Allen

Recommended Posts

22 hours ago, mike23md said:

Thats because the owner in Philly had the cajones to actually fire someone that can't produce something on the field. Snyder can't do that with Allen. 

I am completely fine with Jay Gruden as coach, but I seriously want him to hand over the playcalling. Smith is not the right QB for his system. Cousins was. But that is another story for another time. 

*mutters to himself* remember, Woz, spamming the like button doesn't give it more likes ... it just gives one and then takes one ... unfair it may be when you have something like this truth spoken, but that's the way of the world ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Re-read what I wrote. So why sit them at all? Either sit them to learn (most or all of the season) or don't sit them at all. They'd gain more playing in those 4 games than sitting. Come on. 

In all fairness, you’re responding to my point. I said something, you moved the goal post.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Woz said:

*mutters to himself* remember, Woz, spamming the like button doesn't give it more likes ... it just gives one and then takes one ... unfair it may be when you have something like this truth spoken, but that's the way of the world ...

I want to spam your comment as well.

Alas, "I have but one Like to give for your comment"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Mahomes sat, Rodgers sat, Brady day, Eli sat, Goff sat, Brees sat, Big Ben sat, Rivers sat and Cousins sat, and I’m probably missing some. 

  • Guys who sat in the past ten years
    • Mahomes (2017) sat most of his rookie season, but was starting by the end of the 2017 and Alex Smith became expendable.
    • Goff (2016) sat for half of his rookie season because Jeff Fisher is an idiot.
    • Cousins (2012-2014) sat because the Redskins used a first round draft pick on Griffin and he was a fourth round pick.
  • Guys who sat in the 32 team era
    • Rodgers (2005-2007) sat because:
      1. The Packers didn't expect to be able to draft him in 2005, and
      2. They had the Iron Man, Brett Favre, who wouldn't leave/retire for another three seasons. The Packers were not about to bump arguably one of their greatest of all time for Rodgers, no matter how good he was.
    • Manning sat (2004) because the team had Kurt Warner. He was the starter halfway through his rookie season.
    • Rivers sat (2004-2005) because he held out to the last week before the 2004 season and then Brees broke out. Rivers wouldn't start until Brees left town with a shoulder injury.
    • Roethlisberger (2004) sat for two games his rookie year.
  • Guys who sat prior to the league having 32 teams
    • Brady (2000) sat for his rookie season because he was a 6th round draft pick and the Patriots had just signed Drew Bledsoe to a 10y/$100M contract the in March of 2000. He took over after Mo Brooks hit Bledsoe and severed a ventricle in his heart in the second game of 2001.
    • Brees (2001) sat his rookie season because the Chargers had Doug Flutie. He took over the starting gig the following year.

 

So, of your examples, four were parked behind either future Hall of Famers/major contract investments/first round picks (Cousins, Rodgers, Rivers, Brady), and four were starting by the end of their rookie season (Mahomes, Goff, Manning, Roethlisberger). Only Brees sat the entire first year behind an aged Doug Flutie.

 

If we're going on the "well, they sat part of their rookie year" as some sort of criteria, then guys like Baker Mayfield, Josh Allen, and Josh Rosen qualify. But that's ridiculous. As is the contention that high drafted quarterbacks sit an entire year in this day and age.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Re-read what I wrote. I didn’t say sit the season, I said sit at least a month. Big Ben didn’t sit a season either. Most don’t do that.

Unless I missed it, you didn't specify any time. You said "X sat, Y sat," etc.

If were talking about games, then we're getting even more ridiculous.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Woz said:

Unless I missed it, you didn't specify any time. You said "X sat, Y sat," etc.

If were talking about games, then we're getting even more ridiculous.

I said at least 4 games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Woz said:
  • Guys who sat in the past ten years
    • Mahomes (2017) sat most of his rookie season, but was starting by the end of the 2017 and Alex Smith became expendable.
    • Goff (2016) sat for half of his rookie season because Jeff Fisher is an idiot.
    • Cousins (2012-2014) sat because the Redskins used a first round draft pick on Griffin and he was a fourth round pick.
  • Guys who sat in the 32 team era
    • Rodgers (2005-2007) sat because:
      1. The Packers didn't expect to be able to draft him in 2005, and
      2. They had the Iron Man, Brett Favre, who wouldn't leave/retire for another three seasons. The Packers were not about to bump arguably one of their greatest of all time for Rodgers, no matter how good he was.
    • Manning sat (2004) because the team had Kurt Warner. He was the starter halfway through his rookie season.
    • Rivers sat (2004-2005) because he held out to the last week before the 2004 season and then Brees broke out. Rivers wouldn't start until Brees left town with a shoulder injury.
    • Roethlisberger (2004) sat for two games his rookie year.
  • Guys who sat prior to the league having 32 teams
    • Brady (2000) sat for his rookie season because he was a 6th round draft pick and the Patriots had just signed Drew Bledsoe to a 10y/$100M contract the in March of 2000. He took over after Mo Brooks hit Bledsoe and severed a ventricle in his heart in the second game of 2001.
    • Brees (2001) sat his rookie season because the Chargers had Doug Flutie. He took over the starting gig the following year.

 

So, of your examples, four were parked behind either future Hall of Famers/major contract investments/first round picks (Cousins, Rodgers, Rivers, Brady), and four were starting by the end of their rookie season (Mahomes, Goff, Manning, Roethlisberger). Only Brees sat the entire first year behind an aged Doug Flutie.

 

If we're going on the "well, they sat part of their rookie year" as some sort of criteria, then guys like Baker Mayfield, Josh Allen, and Josh Rosen qualify. But that's ridiculous. As is the contention that high drafted quarterbacks sit an entire year in this day and age.

@Woz did you also factor in the new salary slotting thereby making the QB a cheap option that needs to be used earlier?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Thaiphoon said:

@Woz did you also factor in the new salary slotting thereby making the QB a cheap option that needs to be used earlier?

I had previously. That and the 5th year option.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

No.  But honestly I feel like when Dan Snyder applies for public funds to build his new stadium the local politicians should put it on the ballot on election day and let the people paying taxes in that district vote if they feel Snyder deserves public funding.  

I'd be voting NO on that if it comes here in NOVA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, turtle28 said:

I said at least 4 games.

Okay, then you can strike Roethlisberger off that list then.

At the same time, sitting a quarter of one season doesn't sound like "sitting" to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Thaiphoon said:

I'd be voting NO on that if it comes here in NOVA

I would vote no as well. He's got the damn cash, he can build it himself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Woz said:

Okay, then you can strike Roethlisberger off that list then.

At the same time, sitting a quarter of one season doesn't sound like "sitting" to me.

Me either. Sitting 4 games isn't going to "teach" the young QB anything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Woz said:

Okay, then you can strike Roethlisberger off that list then.

At the same time, sitting a quarter of one season doesn't sound like "sitting" to me.

It doesn’t mean they started the whole year. That was my point. Why do I have to write my point in blood for people to understand what I’m trying to say?

ughh so frustrating 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I stand by my prediction that this will be the last year of Jay and Bruce in DC. And this is exactly why I despised the trade for Alex Smith. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I stand by my prediction that this will be the last year of Jay and Bruce in DC. And this is exactly why I despised the trade for Alex Smith. 

Like @Woz I cannot like this post of yours enough. Consider this +100

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×