#WeFiredBruceAllen!!!

MKnight82

It's not the Alex Smith move exactly that bothers me. This team needed a QB.

It was that there was no plan after getting Smith. Ostensibly, you got Smith to save salary cap space. Cousins wanted too much and Smith gave you a capable QB at a cheaper rate. This would allow to go get free agents to improve around him.

But this hasn't happened. There was no wide receiver upgrade. No upgrade at edge rusher. No upgrade at LG. In fact, the biggest move has been Shawn Lauvao getting hurt and having to be replaced. What was Allen doing after trading for Smith? I honestly think that he believes that was enough. That he had to make the one move and everything else would fall into place.

The ironic part is that it has, but only because the wheels came off every other team in the NFC East. This team is still quite average. They lucked into Adrian Peterson and the result is a somewhat competent offense.

46 minutes ago, Slateman said:

It's not the Alex Smith move exactly that bothers me. This team needed a QB.

It was that there was no plan after getting Smith. Ostensibly, you got Smith to save salary cap space. Cousins wanted too much and Smith gave you a capable QB at a cheaper rate. This would allow to go get free agents to improve around him.

But this hasn't happened. There was no wide receiver upgrade. No upgrade at edge rusher. No upgrade at LG. In fact, the biggest move has been Shawn Lauvao getting hurt and having to be replaced. What was Allen doing after trading for Smith? I honestly think that he believes that was enough. That he had to make the one move and everything else would fall into place.

The ironic part is that it has, but only because the wheels came off every other team in the NFC East. This team is still quite average. They lucked into Adrian Peterson and the result is a somewhat competent offense.

Bruce acquired Smith to cover up the PR disaster of Cousins leaving for nothing.  It was for that reason alone.  That is why we traded for Smith early on and extended him before Cousins became a free agent.  It was just to cover his butt.

• Like 4

On 10/20/2018 at 6:30 AM, turtle28 said:

Aberation? After just 5 games how can we know how the next 15 games are going to play out? Can I get that crystal ball?

Even if he stayed on this pace, he’d still have a near 4,000 yd season with 20 TDs and 6 or 7 ints. As long as our running game and defense are still playing well too, those kind of numbers probably get us a winning season and maybe a playoff birth.

Sure they’re not gaudy but our QB is only throwing the ball 34 times a game and rushing it 29 times a game. We are the definition of balanced, unlike the Redskins offense in 2016 & 17.

Care to bet on this?

39 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

So just to show how bad Allen is, the Raiders just got a first for a receiver who’s struggled for the last two years. The Redskins let a top 10 QB walk in his prime for a 3rd compensation pick. We need a GM badly. 

LEto.gif

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...