#WeFiredBruceAllen!!!

MKnight82

On 11/9/2018 at 7:43 PM, turtle28 said:

Do you want a cookie? Also, season isn’t over yet. Despite these issues we are still leading the division and have a chance to either win the division or challenge to win it in Dec. All is not lost.

I dout he wants a cookie, but I'm pretty sure He wishes this organization had a mind like his at times (same as me) especially when things go just the way he predicted. While you try to defend 90-95% of everything the Redskins do. Some while still fans call out the BS this organization put their Fans through. 

Edited by Skins212689

On 11/5/2018 at 6:16 PM, lavar703 said:

Overpaying an injury prone receiver? Failure

Injury prone WR got injured.

Trading for captain checkdown? Failure

Captain Checkdown did a whole lot of checking down, and now he's checked out.  Meanwhile our CB depth has certainly been hurt by losing Fuller, and that extra 3rd round prospect could have filled a whole at LG or QB.  

Overdrafting a project OT? Failure

I'm on the other side of this, I like that Christian is a good athlete that we can hopefully coach up.  Depth at OT did pop up again as a big need, Christian just got hurt.  So obviously didn't work out this year but he's got several more years on that cheap contract to work out for us.  

Not replacing Lauvao? Failure

This was egregious and a joke.  Fireable offense. 

Not drafting a QB? Failure

Looks like a total disaster now.  

• Like 4

I wonder if Alex can’t come back and Bruce has stuck Snyder with $71 million in guaranteed money to Alex Smith that Dan night actually, finally fire Bruce!

I doubt this happens, but it could be the thing that gets it done.

Edited by turtle28

I would think, if there’s anything that could get Bruce fired - other than the team having double digit losses two years in a row - Dan seeing Kirk Cousins once again ball out on Prime time and outdualing Aaron Rodgers for the second time in a row in prime time, would do it!

Hell, a boy can dream right?

5 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I would think, if there’s anything that could get Bruce fired - other than the team having double digit losses two years in a row - Dan seeing Kirk Cousins once again ball out on Prime time and outdualing Aaron Rodgers for the second time in a row in prime time, would do it!

Hell, a boy can dream right?

Same number of wins as the Redskins with Alex Smith. Easy to refute. Plus, now Allen can blame injuries. And Gruden.

Allen is at least 3 years away from being fired.

3 hours ago, Slateman said:

Same number of wins as the Redskins with Alex Smith. Easy to refute. Plus, now Allen can blame injuries. And Gruden.

Allen is at least 3 years away from being fired.

Yeah, but most of those victories were courtesy of the defense and MVP (who he had no role in bringing in). Cousins has no running game or defense to rely on. 

I think you're right in that Bruce has a few more years of rope.

But I think Bruce is on less of a hotseat than Gruden, though. This could be Jay's last year.

12 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Yeah, but most of those victories were courtesy of the defense and MVP (who he had no role in bringing in). Cousins has no running game or defense to rely on. 

But I think Bruce is on less of a hotseat than Gruden, though. This could be Jay's last year.

Nobody cares about your stupid logic.

Smith is a winner. Proven winner. Everywhere he goes he wins. He was winning before he got hurt.

This is the nonsense we have been fed for the last 20 years. And for some reason we still believe it.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

I'm fine if Gruden has to go because the new GM wants to pick his guy.  If Gruden gets fired as a scapegoat for Bruce Allen though that might be the end of my fanhood.  

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I'm fine if Gruden has to go because the new GM wants to pick his guy.  If Gruden gets fired as a scapegoat for Bruce Allen though that might be the end of my fanhood.  

This is pretty much where I’m at as well. I already find watching the games a chore but I still do it. If Jay is fired and Bruce is retained I’ll find something more enjoyable to do with my Sunday’s. 

4 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Yet how much power do you truly believe Doug Williams has?  The assorted "unnamed sources" said that Williams got chewed out because he didn't run Peterson's tryout by Allen first.  

If Doug Williams can't schedule tryouts for a backup running back in the wake of a season ending injury in the pre-season, then no way do I believe he is anything more than a figurehead for Bruce Allen.  So any coaching change is going to have his fingerprints all over it, from the firing of Gruden to the hiring of someone new. 

Edited by naptownskinsfan

53 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Well, get ready to have your fanhood challenged boys, because I can definitely see it happening.

I've just divorced myself from it and just judge the games as entertainment in the moment.  I don't get nearly as upset or pissed as I used to, and hell, that was before I invested in season tickets.  The team is what it is, and I don't let it affect me like it used to.  

• Like 1