#WeFiredBruceAllen!!!

MKnight82

31 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Believe me, he wants them, it's been the rumor ever since the Ravens instituted them and the Giants/Jets did it with the new Meadowlands.  

Those teams still had a fanbase. This one doesn’t. Fat chance selling them. 

Edited by lavar703

Redskins fan base is a sleeping giant. They just need a reason to come out like they did in 99, 05, 07, twenty-thousand and twelve and 2015. Redskins fans are dying to support a winner.  

Look at how many people came out to support the Caps on their Stanley Cup run? 

And, many had never even watched, let alone been to a Caps game before but all of a sudden they gained a lot more fans.

If the Redskins ever go on a playoff run like they did in 99, 05, 07,  twenty-thousand and twelve and 2015 the fans will fill the stadium and the town will be a buzz! Especially if it’s with one of the teams current likeable QBs (Smith, MCoy or Johnson) or a young QB we draft.

Edited by turtle28

18 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Those teams still had a fanbase. This one doesn’t. Fat chance selling them. 

There are still 55,000-plus people showing up for games and I would wager most of them have season tickets.   If Snyder shrinks the size of the stadium to 60-65,000, he has much more demand on hand even if the status quo continues.  So yeah, he's going to get them, and people are going to pay for them.  The only reason I haven't cut ties with my season tickets yet is because I refuse to buy a PSL and am going to enjoy live football games while they are in my backyard. 

14 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

There are still 55,000-plus people showing up for games and I would wager most of them have season tickets.   If Snyder shrinks the size of the stadium to 60-65,000, he has much more demand on hand even if the status quo continues.  So yeah, he's going to get them, and people are going to pay for them.  The only reason I haven't cut ties with my season tickets yet is because I refuse to buy a PSL and am going to enjoy live football games while they are in my backyard. 

How many of those 55K are opposing fans? 

52 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

No it doesn’t. The entire season was a near split for opposing fans versus Redskins fans at FedEx Field which is absolutely absurd. 

Well that’s true, but I bet if Alex hadn’t broken his leg or McCoy and we had a few more wins right now, the last few games at Fed Ex would’ve had more Redskins fans.

Edited by turtle28

55 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Well that’s true, but I bet if Alex hadn’t broken his leg or McCoy and we had a few more wins right now, the last few games at Fed Ex would’ve had more Redskins fans.

Dude come on. You gotta stop clinging to that broken leg BS. We couldn’t score before Alex broke his leg and the defense was getting worse. This was always going to play out like this. 

15 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Dude come on. You gotta stop clinging to that broken leg BS. We couldn’t score before Alex broke his leg and the defense was getting worse. This was always going to play out like this. 

It wasn’t about just scoring. It was about time of possession when Alex was our QB and winning turnover battle. Those were big reasons why we were winning, it’s how we used to win last decade when Gibbs was HC too. 

16 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

It wasn’t about just scoring. It was about time of possession when Alex was our QB and winning turnover battle. Those were big reasons why we were winning, it’s how we used to win last decade when Gibbs was HC too. 

It was also because we were apparently beating bad teams and started to show our true colors when good teams finally showed up. 

4 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Redskins fan base is a sleeping giant. They just need a reason to come out like they did in 99, 05, 07, twenty-thousand and twelve and 2015. Redskins fans are dying to support a winner.  

Look at how many people came out to support the Caps on their Stanley Cup run? 

And, many had never even watched, let alone been to a Caps game before but all of a sudden they gained a lot more fans.

If the Redskins ever go on a playoff run like they did in 99, 05, 07,  twenty-thousand and twelve and 2015 the fans will fill the stadium and the town will be a buzz! Especially if it’s with one of the teams current likeable QBs (Smith, MCoy or Johnson) or a young QB we draft.

No, it's not that simple.

The Caps had a track record of doing well, but falling short in the playoffs. They just needed to get over the hump. The Nats are in the same boat. Both franchises are well run, and the fans are celebrating the championship (Caps) or trying to will them over the top (Nats).

The Redskins and the Wizards are the opposite spectrum. They have decades of failure, punctuated by small slivers of success, but nothing that is building to long term success. And now they will be asking for a massive investment from the fanbase ... just because of loyalty? That's a losing proposition.

Yes, if the franchise put forth the effort of building the team properly and not doing ludicrously stupid things like signing Reuben Foster, the fans will come back. Heck, they want to come back. But there's no path to sustained success so they're at "eff it" levels of interest.

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

For the love of all that is holy, please STOP with this argument. The fans were staying away even when they were 6-3. Most of the fanbase saw that it was fool's gold and treated their tickets as such. Why were the Colts and Falcons games so poorly attended? Remember, the players idiotically called out the fanbase after the Tampa game, when they were at their peak.

The quarterback situation didn't help, but it wasn't a draw even when they were healthy.