#WeFiredBruceAllen!!!

MKnight82

4 hours ago, Slappy Mc said:

Shhh... it could still be coming.

Jay Gruden said something about a team meeting. Maybe their final farewell.

They do an end of the year meeting every year. I don’t see any change other than Eric Schaffer becoming the actual GM (football operations) & Bruce moving back to the business/stadium side, which I actually think means nothing because Bruce is still in the building.

Edited by turtle28

6 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

It’s getting harder and harder to care. This team just sucks all the way around. There’s no hope in sight either. That’s the most depressing part. 

Oh come on, Joe Flacco in 2019 doesn’t get a rise outa ya? Lmao 😂 jk

I think the only way that Snyder can save the fan-base is if they #firebruceallen and implement Chris Cooley as the full time GM ala John Lynch and John Elway. It makes a lot of sense. At this point, I'd rather have Clinton Portis in as GM over Bruce Allen. Okay, maybe not. Sorry Clinton!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, taylor made said:

I think the only way that Snyder can save the fan-base is if they #firebruceallen and implement Chris Cooley as the full time GM ala John Lynch and John Elway. It makes a lot of sense. At this point, I'd rather have Clinton Portis in as GM over Bruce Allen. Okay, maybe not. Sorry Clinton!

With how Portis managed his money, nah, it's cool, dont need him managing a salary cap

They need to break loose of the trend of former Redskins.  So that eliminates Cooley, who would just be seen as another puppet.  After all, he was the one who leaked McCloughan's problem with alcohol resurfacing, so no one would believe he is the one pulling the strings, even if he is indeed given that chance. 

Edited by naptownskinsfan

31 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

With how Portis managed his money, nah, it's cool, dont need him managing a salary cap

They need to break loose of the trend of former Redskins.  So that eliminates Cooley, who would just be seen as another puppet.  After all, he was the one who leaked McCloughan's problem with alcohol resurfacing, so no one would believe he is the one pulling the strings, even if he is indeed given that chance. 

He literally didn't. I was listening to the show that very day. He was asked to go through all the hypotheticals as to what a fan might think as to why Scot would not be showing up at the Senior Bowl and the Combine. He went through at least 4 of them. One of them being that Scot was back on the sauce again (which is where my mind went immediately). So he didn't leak anything. He was doing his job as a sports radio guy. And his hypotheticals were the exact ones that other sports radio guys around the country also went through. I know the Junkies also had some talk about him drinking again as a reason why the GM in charge of personnel wasn't at the critical sites he needed to be.

But people got pissed about it, since Dan owned the station (even though the team doesn't own it and he has a completely different boss - aka not Bruce Allen), and he got his knuckles wrapped because of it.

But...I'm in complete agreement with you. I don't want anyone who is a former player doing anything in the Front Office right now.

• Like 2

I would welcome Cooley as the GM if it's ever an option. The guy knows how to break down film and scout players.

He seems to have a knack for finding ”football players” seeing as that’s what he was! He wasn't an incredibly athletic guy or a super fast guy, but damn could he get open and make tough catches. He came into the league not being a good blocker - but unlike Jordan Reed - Cooley worked his butt off and became a good blocker after a few years.

Cooley has a vast knowledge of the game. Listening to his press conferences would be like listening to Scot McCloughan talk football at the mic. Cooley knows how to build a team correctly judging by what he says on the airwaves and what he says when breaking down film. I think he'd certainly be a great addition to the front office of the Redskins organization.

I would keep Eric Schafer as the capoligist and guy who works out the contracts like he's been for the last 15 years or whatever.