#WeFiredBruceAllen!!!

MKnight82

2 hours ago, A TRAIN 89 said:

Not sure what everyone expected...the classic Redskins news dump on Friday. 

Truth is that Dan thinks Bruce is the key to a new stadium. It’s all Dan cares about. It is what it is.

If you think it’s bad, it’s just gonna get uglier... and don’t be surprised next year when the built in scapegoat in Gruden will be dragged and let go.

This is it 100%.  Divorce yourself from caring guys, its the best thing that ever happened to me.  I can discuss the team objectively, I can discuss other teams objectively, and overall, I just enjoy football games more.  I still want them to do well, but I realize that it happens by accident and that ultimately, the owner may be a fan but he cares about his own money and profits first, just like a lot of other professional sports owners.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

This is it, this is the one that broke me.  I think I’m done.  Like really I’m done with this team.  I can’t take it anymore.

There is no other place where this could happen besides Redskins Park, and you can not make this stuff up: 

1.) Survive a power struggle with Mike Shanahan, head coach who supposedly wanted Allen to come as a personal favor to him and considered both a package deal 

2.) Hire a GM who is considered a savior by most of the fans.  Get upset that the fans consider him a savior.  Release information that he was drinking on the job so he gets fired.  Survived power struggle #2. 

3.) Continue on as Team President overseeing both business and football until 2018, when Dan Snyder hires his personal choice, Brian Lafemina, out of the NFL's league office after close to 18 months of negotiating.  Survive that power struggle when Lafemina decided to quit after Snyder and Allen couldn't care less about corporate sponsor complaints in the wake of the Reuben Foster signing.  Survived power struggle #3. 

4.) Is now promoted once again to overseeing both business and football operations, despite the owner being well aware of the #FireBruceAllen movement and that the fan base is teetering on the brink of further collapse.  

Seriously, you can not make this up.  How Snyder ran a successful business to get enough money to buy the Redskins will forever be beyond my comprehension, because he doesn't know the first thing about high performance organizations or leadership.  

• Like 5

Also, while I think we all know this topic is here, there may be some other visitors who come in infrequently who want to post their opinion, don't see a thread and therefore, won't post anything. Since this is a pretty big story for us, I would suggest to @Woz and @Thaiphoon to consider splitting the news of Allen's "re-promotion" into it's own thread.  

• Like 1

577 days since Bruce Allen held a press conference in a group setting- https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2019/01/11/its-been-days-since-redskins-bruce-allen-took-questions-news-conference/?utm_term=.fbf1bdfd256d 

These guys are deathly afraid of being put into a position where they can not control the narrative.  It's never been more clear now than after hearing they fired Lafemina instead of letting him quit.  Statements and one on one meetings allows them to control the narrative and what gets out there, as well as what questions they want to answer.  

• Like 1

On 1/11/2019 at 7:00 PM, naptownskinsfan said:

Also, while I think we all know this topic is here, there may be some other visitors who come in infrequently who want to post their opinion, don't see a thread and therefore, won't post anything. Since this is a pretty big story for us, I would suggest to @Woz and @Thaiphoon to consider splitting the news of Allen's "re-promotion" into it's own thread.  

I'll work on it

• Like 1