#WeFiredBruceAllen!!!

MKnight82

11 hours ago, mar29020 said:

im so sick of rooting for a losing franchise. 1 playoff win since i became a fan in 03

While I have empathy for you, those of us who have been fans for 35 plus years have only experienced 2 playoff wins since the Redskins last won the Super Bowl in 1992 and 5 playoff appearances. 

At least this decade we have 2 playoff appearances and 2 division championships that's better than last decade except we don't have a playoff win but sadly, neither of the two 30 year old QBs who got us to the division championships are with the team anymore.

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

While I have empathy for you, those of us who have been fans for 35 plus years have only experienced 2 playoff wins since the Redskins last won the Super Bowl in 1992 and 5 playoff appearances. 

At least this decade we have 2 playoff appearances and 2 division championships that's better than last decade except we don't have a playoff win but sadly, neither of the two 30 year old QBs who got us to the division championships are with the team anymore.

It's still been nearly 30 years since the team won 11 games, longest drought in the NFL.  You shouldn't be defending mediocrity by saying "at least."  That's part of the problem. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, naptownskinsfan said:

It's still been nearly 30 years since the team won 11 games, longest drought in the NFL.  You shouldn't be defending mediocrity by saying "at least."  That's part of the problem. 

I'm not defending anything, you're reading too much into the line that we have won 2 division championships this decade. I certainly know we're a sad franchise.

Also, I'm not part of the problem. You don't know me.

Edited by turtle28

On 1/11/2019 at 7:00 PM, naptownskinsfan said:

Also, while I think we all know this topic is here, there may be some other visitors who come in infrequently who want to post their opinion, don't see a thread and therefore, won't post anything. Since this is a pretty big story for us, I would suggest to @Woz and @Thaiphoon to consider splitting the news of Allen's "re-promotion" into it's own thread.  

Eh, I'd much rather keep all of the Allen news in one cesspool, so I can throw it away when the blessed day comes (and it will come ... I have to believe that ...).

• Like 1

On 1/13/2019 at 2:33 PM, turtle28 said:

Are we really talking decades? This team has backed into the playoffs or gotten luck in which the division has sucked. I give no credit to this football operations for doing anything right. The amount of talent we have had on this roster over the past 20 years and the best we could do is 2 playoff wins? 

Given that with the Bruce Allen promotion to run EVERYTHING? He failed at football, he failed at PR, he failed in Tampa, and Snyder promotes him? What example am I setting for my kid in which I support dysfunction and failure.

Kid: Oh hey, you root for the Redskins daddy? Are they any good? 

Me: No, but I am a fan of losing. So you should be too. 

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, mike23md said:

Preparing your child for life's inevitable mishaps and failure. Builds character!

My only question is: when can I stop building character? ...

2 hours ago, mike23md said:

Are we really talking decades? This team has backed into the playoffs or gotten luck in which the division has sucked. I give no credit to this football operations for doing anything right. The amount of talent we have had on this roster over the past 20 years and the best we could do is 2 playoff wins? 

Given that with the Bruce Allen promotion to run EVERYTHING? He failed at football, he failed at PR, he failed in Tampa, and Snyder promotes him? What example am I setting for my kid in which I support dysfunction and failure.

tenor.gif?itemid=4232665

5 hours ago, mike23md said:

We haven't won over 10 games since 1991, the longest such stretch of any team in the NFL.  Just let that sink in for a minute.  

• Like 1