#WeFiredBruceAllen!!!

MKnight82

17 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

According to the numerous anonymous sources, he is completely aware of the #FireBruceAllen campaign and is unphased by it.  So Bruce Allen is safe.  I just wonder what his ultimate plan was by meddling in the DC position.  

Ok so while Bruce stays on the scene maybe the decisions are gonna be made more so by Snyder. Snyder probaly didn't inform Allen that he was meeting with Bowles and as the report says he was willing to do just about anything to get him not to leave. 

On 1/18/2019 at 3:54 PM, Jeezy Fanatic said:

Dead serious, I will not encourage my son to be a Redskins fan. If he makes the choice to go with the Redskins, I will take as such a sign of love and wanting to have something in common with me, he's willing to throw his own happiness away and family is what really matters. If he chooses another team, it means he's smarter than his old man. Either way I have a winner of a son!

(He has no choice on the Hurricanes however, he will root for them, and he will enjoy it)

See, I'm doubly-screwed on that front (triply-screwed since my father-in-law is a Hokie).

Just now, MikeT14 said:

I'm going into a meeting for work. Can someone post a link to an article that summarizes Bruce's intterview today? Thanks in advance. 

Haven't seen it but if I had to guess:

*lies through teeth*
*tries to hype up pointless change*
*talks about success like it's 
JUST around the corner even though they've run the franchise into the ground*

I'm listening to Czabe's take to get his response. If someone else wants to listen to Dukes, I would be interest to hear how they take it.

From Czabe:

1. They were just outside of the playoffs (see #3 from above)
  2. Skipped over LaFemina's hatchet job, but hyped new marketing team (see #2 from above).
  3. "If anyone can come back from this injury, Alex Smith could." ... didn't want to get into the next steps
  4. Dodged the lack of fan enthusiasm ... put it on the fact that fanbase didn't want to Eagles clinch a playoff spot while watching 3rd/4th QBs
  5. Manusky was in on the interviews with Todd Bowles??? Whaa?
  6. Jay might come down to Senior Bowl tomorrow ... Czabe asked why he wasn't there already there.
  7. On Reuben Foster, when asked about suspension, Allen = "I don't know why we would expect a suspension."
  8. On the stadium, "you said that it was a ten year process, how does it go now?" ... mealy mouth response but "Redskins will be playing in the new stadium for 50 years."
  9. "Would you bring in a GM?" Confidence is high in Doug Williams, but Doug doesn't want to negotiate contracts [Czabe pointed out that Brice loves to be on contracts]
  10. "With #FireBruceAllen, where's the disconnect? Why are you the right man for the job?" ... he chuckled, repeated the question back, stalled and then "Because I share the fan's passion."

Other comments:

• First press conference with Bruce in over 588 days. (I had this originally wrong)
  • "The disconnect is real."
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Woz said:

I'm listening to Czabe's take to get his response. If someone else wants to listen to Dukes, I would be interest to hear how they take it.

From Czabe:

1. They were just outside of the playoffs (see #3 from above)
  2. Skipped over LaFemina's hatchet job, but hyped new marketing team (see #2 from above).
  3. "If anyone can come back from this injury, Alex Smith could." ... didn't want to get into the next steps
  4. Dodged the lack of fan enthusiasm ... put it on the fact that fanbase didn't want to Eagles clinch a playoff spot while watching 3rd/4th QBs
  5. Manusky was in on the interviews with Todd Bowles??? Whaa?
  6. Jay might come down to Senior Bowl tomorrow ... Czabe asked why he wasn't there already there.
  7. On Reuben Foster, when asked about suspension, Allen = "I don't know why we would expect a suspension."
  8. On the stadium, "you said that it was a ten year process, how does it go now?" ... mealy mouth response but "Redskins will be playing in the new stadium for 50 years."
  9. "Would you bring in a GM?" Confidence is high in Doug Williams, but Doug doesn't want to negotiate contracts [Czabe pointed out that Brice loves to be on contracts]
  10. "With #FireBruceAllen, where's the disconnect? Why are you the right man for the job?" ... he chuckled, repeated the question back, stalled and then "Because I share the fan's passion."

Other comments:

• First press conference with Bruce in over 588 days. (I had this originally wrong)
  • "The disconnect is real."

Yeah, this was really bad and just proves the bottom point that the disconnect is real.  I expected him to dodge the Lafemina hatchet job, but there were other questions that he ducked too that would make him a great fit to preside over Globo-Gym's Dodgeball team.  

I legitimately only have one question right now.  Has Snyder gone from passively trolling his DC's with melted vanilla ice cream delivered to their office, to expert level trolling them by making them sit through a potential interview of their replacement?  Because I normally don't trust JLC unless its a story about the Redskins, because he's the Ken Rosenthal of the NFL- tons of anonymous sources of his "home" team.  So Snyder set the whole thing up, and was willing to give Bowles the job, but Jay has control over his staff.