#WeFiredBruceAllen!!!

MKnight82

16 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

You can't have this both ways.  You cant say for another team that ownership knew what they were getting into when they hired two coaches (Rex and Rob Ryan) and then turn this around and say Joe Gibbs and Gregg Williams misused a player.  It's one or the other, you can't change the story to fit your narrative.  

Arrington had one year with 11 sacks.  For his career, he had 23.5, so essentially half his sacks came in one year.  Mike Mamula is considered the definition of "combine warrior" and is considered a bust by some, and he had 31.5 sacks for his career.  Chris Long this year in part-time duty had 6.5 sacks.  Arrington had one great year, followed by clashes with his coaches and ultimately underwhelmed for a #2 overall pick with his talent level.  For as much as fans love the guy and think he's great, when he really wasn't except for one year, I consider him the #2 overrated Snyder Redskin. 

Yes I can, it’s two separate situations. The truth is Lavar was dominating from 00-03, what happened in 04?

The reason Lavar had 21.5 sacks w/o Gregg Williams as his defensive coordinator and he only had 1 under Williams was bc Gregg didn’t play him much and rarely let him rush the passer. If Marvin Lewis was hired as our HC instead of Spurier in 02 - like he should’ve been - and if Lewis had been retained the rest of last decade, Lavar would have possibly been an All-Pro and who knows what he would’ve done from 04-2010 or until he retired if he had a def coordinator who wanted to use his strengths and if Lavar hadn’t gotten hurt in the motorcycle accident.

Lavar did have 1 sack with the Giants before he had his motorcycle accident and career was over after those 6 games. If that accident doesn’t happen, he probably ends up with a few more sacks and big plays that year if he finishes the season. Also, if he doesn’t get hurt, he wins a Super Bowl in 07-08 with the other LB Cerrato/Gibbs/Gregg didn’t feel we needed to keep after 04 bc Gibbs and Cerrato didn’t think he was worth the $5 million more in his contract, Antonio Pierce. 

It’s no secret that Gregg didn’t like Lavar bc Lavar was the defensive leader and a really strong personality just like Gregg, so they butted heads. It’s true that Lavar was a bit of a free lancer - like Sean Taylor, but Sean was quiet & Gibbs/Gregg/ Cerrato drafted Sean, and not Lavar - but Lavar did make plays that other guys couldn’t around the line of scrimmage, he just wanted to attack and make plays. Gregg wanted his LBs to play more structured so he played the average robot Warwick Holdman over the pro bowl talent Lavar Arrington. 

Letting 5hose two LBs go was one word, DUMB, two awful decisions that most Redskins’s fans have for gotten about or don’t talk about anymore. On top of that, they didn’t even offer Ryan Clark a contract who was a future pro bowler. Again, dumb, we had all these guys in the building. I’d take any of them over Brandon Lloyd, Antwan Randle El, Andre Carter or Adam Archuletta. Those poor decisions made in that 05 & 06 off-season took a top 5 defense and turned it into a barely average one the next season in 06 until we signed Fletcher but, if we re-sign Pierce,we never have to give Fletch an even bigger contract in 07.

Edited by turtle28

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Sure for a year, then he wears out his welcome in year two and he’s either cut or not re-signed.

If not for his comments he would still be apart of this team and would probably gotten a extension to form a tandem with Ha Ha! So what your saying on is irrelevant to my point! He still talent teams are willing to pay for!!

4 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Yes I can, it’s two separate situations. The truth is Lavar was dominating from 00-03, what happened in 04?

The reason Lavar had 21.5 sacks w/o Gregg Williams as his defensive coordinator and he only had 1 under Williams and he had 1 with the Giants before he had his motorcycle accident and his career was over.

Gregg didn’t like Lavar bc Lavar was a strong personality and a bit of a free lancer who just wanted to attack and make plays. Gregg wanted his LBs to play more structured so he played the average robot Warwick Holdman over the pro bowl talent Lavar Arrington. 

Mario Williams was dominating too, until he had a HC who changed the system on him, asking him to drop back into pass protection.  Again, you can't change the narrative to fit your argument, it's one or the other.  Gregg Williams came in with his system to run, and Joe Gibbs on up agreed with the system.   This was your exact same argument for Mario Williams and the Buffalo defense, and it's the same thing that happened here with Arrington.  

And make no mistake, Arrington was a free lancer.  Marvin Lewis got the most out of LaVar Arrington because he had that same kind of freelancer in Baltimore with Ray Lewis.  But Arrington had one great year.  One.  The rest were filled with disappointment and in the end, a lack of effort and mental toughness.  We should've gotten a whole lot more out of the #2 overall pick.  

13 hours ago, Skins212689 said:

If not for his comments he would still be apart of this team and would probably gotten a extension to form a tandem with Ha Ha! So what your saying on is irrelevant to my point! He still talent teams are willing to pay for!!

That’s my point though, he makes comments like this at all his stops. It’s why he’ll be on his 6th team in 5 years in the NFL. 

Sometimes it’s not, everyone else is a problem, it’s NO! You’re the problem!

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Mario Williams was dominating too, until he had a HC who changed the system on him, asking him to drop back into pass protection.  Again, you can't change the narrative to fit your argument, it's one or the other.  Gregg Williams came in with his system to run, and Joe Gibbs on up agreed with the system.   This was your exact same argument for Mario Williams and the Buffalo defense, and it's the same thing that happened here with Arrington.  

And make no mistake, Arrington was a free lancer.  Marvin Lewis got the most out of LaVar Arrington because he had that same kind of freelancer in Baltimore with Ray Lewis.  But Arrington had one great year.  One.  The rest were filled with disappointment and in the end, a lack of effort and mental toughness.  We should've gotten a whole lot more out of the #2 overall pick.  

No Lavar had 3 great years. 01, 02 & 03

it wasn’t effort or mental toughness, it’s the defensive coordinator didn’t like him so he benched him.

Edited by turtle28

59 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

That’s my point though,!he makes comments like this at all his stops. It’s why he’ll be on his 6th team in 5 years in the NFL. 

Sometimes it’s not, everyone else is a problem, it’s NO! You’re the problem!

Not when your not given rightful privllage. Obiviously the Cardinals are willing to let Swearigers work make the difference oppose to if they do or don't agree with what he has said in the past. It's a given privllage that you should be allowed to answer a general question that might put blame on your boss without being fired for it. If the boss is not good at his job and the employee is asked about it they should be allowed to say that. Now if someone was to just up and go running to the media saying negative things thats different. His problem isn't as big as the Redskins who should've taken some of the advice he was giving. Synder/Allen Egos and titles are the reason the team is in the dumpster it's in. A Title means nothing if the people owing them don't know how to operate them.

5 hours ago, Skins212689 said:

Yes, 6 teams. Who then let him go shortly afterward.

Sometimes the juice is not worth the squeeze

• Like 1

2 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

BTW I agree with you on Arrington. I like the guy personally, he just never lived up to the pick.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

BTW I agree with you on Arrington. I like the guy personally, he just never lived up to the pick.

Because Gregg refused to play him and use him the way Marvin Lewis did. That’s why he had the huge drop off. It was Gregg’s decision, meanwhile, he let Sean Taylor freelance all over... double standard bc Gregg didn’t like Lavar’s strong personality and they drafted Sean and inherited Lavar from the previous regime. They took a pro bowl OLB abd turned him into a back up, dumb.

Cutting Arrington so we had money to sign all those free agents in 06 - Archuletta, Carter, Randle El and Lloyd - worked out wonderfully didn’t it?  Oh... wait... 😂 

Edited by turtle28

1 hour ago, Skins212689 said:

Not when your not given rightful privllage.

Wait...who has the privilege to be insubordinate at work? I'm actually curious.

Obiviously the Cardinals are willing to let Swearigers work make the difference oppose to if they do or don't agree with what he has said in the past.

Sometimes people get together with their ex-gf. And then later on realize why they broke up int he first place.

It's a given privllage that you should be allowed to answer a general question that might put blame on your boss without being fired for it. 

Okay...but what is the question...and who is asking it?

If the boss is not good at his job and the employee is asked about it they should be allowed to say that.

By whom? DJ spouted off to the media and on Twitter. Now, if Dan or Bruce had pulled him aside to ask him about how Jay is running practices, that is one thing. But Joe Blow reporter from NBC? Yeah, you keep your trap shut. Keep it in house.

Now if someone was to just up and go running to the media saying negative things thats different.

DING DING DING DING !! You just literally listed exactly what DJ did multiple times last season. He was told to stop. He didn't. And then his last time...was the last time.

His problem isn't as big as the Redskins who should've taken some of the advice he was giving.

You've got it backwards. Allowing a player...any player...to act like DJ, is part of the reason the Redskins are where they are. 

Synder/Allen Egos and titles are the reason the team is in the dumpster it's in.

That's another reason. But TBH, DJ wasn't talking about Bruce or Danny. He was talking about Jay and his coaching staff as well as some fellow teammates.

A Title means nothing if the people owing them don't know how to operate them.

Sure. But it still means that those people get to make the decisions. And those decisions are going to be followed by the rank and file. If the rank and file have a problem with the decisions, they can take it up the chain of command. The rank and file should not run to the media and complain on Twitter about those decisions. Because THAT'S when the rank and file...get fired.

Keep it in house = no problem. Say what you want.

Start running your mouth to the world = bye bye. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

He used to live in the Broadneck area and I heard nothing but great things about him and his wife.  It's nothing personal, and he's a decent enough analyst for the game.  But man, Redskins fans put this guy on a pedestal that he never earned or deserved based on his play on the field.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

He used to live in the Broadneck area and I heard nothing but great things about him and his wife.  It's nothing personal, and he's a decent enough analyst for the game.  But man, Redskins fans put this guy on a pedestal that he never earned or deserved based on his play on the field.  

Ahh I disagree. He was coming along just fine until the knee injuries started to kill his career. He didn’t live it up to what he could’ve been but he certainly wasn’t a bust. With that said, who puts him on a pedestal? He’s probably the most disliked former Skin that I can remember. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Ahh I disagree. He was coming along just fine until the knee injuries started to kill his career. He didn’t live it up to what he could’ve been but he certainly wasn’t a bust. With that said, who puts him on a pedestal? He’s probably the most disliked former Skin that I can remember. 

A lot of people thought he was all pro level and he wasn’t. Good player, but didn’t live up to his draft slot or his potential. He had splashy plays but wasn’t dependable or consistent. I agree injuries hurt him too. But he does seem like a very likable guy now 

3 minutes ago, Doc Draper said:

A lot of people thought he was all pro level and he wasn’t. Good player, but didn’t live up to his draft slot or his potential. He had splashy plays but wasn’t dependable or consistent. I agree injuries hurt him too. But he does seem like a very likable guy now 

I think it’s because we were so devoid of talent at that time that LaVar was pushed up a few levels higher than he should’ve been.  

• Like 2