#WeFiredBruceAllen!!!

MKnight82

4 hours ago, Woz said:
  1. WHY THE HECK ARE YOU DEFENDING HIM!?!?
  2. Was Allen in the front office in 2010-2013? Yes? He bears some of the blame then.
  3. Even if you really want to go that route:
    1. pre-Allen (2000-2009): 70 wins / 10 years = 7.0 wins/yr
    2. with-Allen (2010-2018): 59 wins / 9 years = 6.56 wins/yr
      1. Shanahan/Allen (2010-2013): 24 wins / 4 years = 6.0 wins/yr
      2. Allen (2014-2018): 35 wins / 5 years = 7.0 wins/yr

Simply put (a phrase I NEVER thought I would ever start):  Vinny Cerrato > Bruce Allen

Keep in mind, when Washington finally divested themselves of the Rat, his only career since has been on a radio show. No other team has EVER considered hiring him.

Dude, I really don't care, but do care about the truth.

1. I'm not defending Bruce Allen, I’m just stating the truth.

And everyone knows - who's honest - you  can't pin the last 20 years all on Bruce Allen and you can only pin about half of the bad decisions this decade on Bruce Allen. I kow people don't like to admit the truth, but that's the truth. Deal with it.

3. The years that the Redskins won last decade Vinny he either wasn't employed - see Marty year - or Gibbs had final say.

Also, your breakdown of this decade doesn't pass the smell test with me. Shanahan did our personnel moves/decided who we signed in FA and at the least agreed to the controversial trades and Shanahan handled the draft from 2010-2013 ans it was mostly an effin disaster except for RG3’s rookie year.

2010, 2011 & 2013 = 14-34 w/ Shanahan having total control. RG3, Morros and the zone read saved Shanahan in 2012.

Edited by turtle28

12 hours ago, turtle28 said:

And everyone knows - who's honest - you  can't pin the last 20 years all on Bruce Allen and you can only pin about half of the bad decisions this decade on Bruce Allen. I kow people don't like to admit the truth, but that's the truth. Deal with it.

That's still a crap ton of bad decisions lol

14 hours ago, turtle28 said:

You're right. I don't pin anything that happened before Allen arrived on him. That's on Snyder.

However, to just say "well Shanahan had final say so that cannot be attributed to Allen" is ludicrous. He was here and was involved. Deal with that.

But even if we constrain ourselves to your timeframe, HE. STILL. SUCKS. AS. A. GM.

14 hours ago, turtle28 said:

3. The years that the Redskins won last decade Vinny he either wasn't employed - see Marty year - or Gibbs had final say.

Also, your breakdown of this decade doesn't pass the smell test with me. Shanahan did our personnel moves/decided who we signed in FA and at the least agreed to the controversial trades and Shanahan handled the draft from 2010-2013 ans it was mostly an effin disaster except for RG3’s rookie year.

2010, 2011 & 2013 = 14-34 w/ Shanahan having total control. RG3, Morros and the zone read saved Shanahan in 2012.

By this logic, Allen should receive zero credit for any good move outside of 2014. 2015-2016 McCloughan was calling the shots. After he was fired, Doug Williams became the top guy.

Again, why are you trying to burnish his credentials? This team over the past four years has had 9, 8, 7, and 7 wins. Under his "leadership," Washington spent money on mediocre-at-best free agents, and the only good ones they acquired they cut (Swearinger) or may cut shortly (Norman and Brown). They ran a QB out of town and then traded for an older, less capable model that had one shining year ... and then sustained a catastrophic injury. To his credit, they invested in the defensive line (FINALLY) but hollowed out the linebacking corps and secondary during the same time.

Is it you are angry that I compared him to Cerrato? They BOTH suck.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

This franchise has hit a new low if we are debating who is better between Vinny Cerrato and Bruce Allen........at least with Vinny, we won a playoff game, so there's that.  

It's like the Mendoza Line - if you're below it, you should be fired.

On 3/8/2019 at 9:12 AM, MikeT14 said:

That's still a crap ton of bad decisions lol

No doubt, but sorry if I like the truth. And, just bc I like the truth doesn’t mean I like or am trying to defend Bruce Allen or Vinny Cerrato if I would mention that the decisions made from 04-08 weren’t his, they were Joe Gibbs’. Like, Joe loved Jason Campbell and thought he’d be the the next Doug Williams.

Who knows, if Vinny had final say, maybe he takes Aaron’s Rodgers at 10 over Carlos Rogers? who knows?  And, we’ll never know.

Edited by turtle28

7 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

You know, the one thing you could always argue in favor off Brice was hey, at least he doesn't hand out idiotic contracts to "name" FAs that will completely destroy our cap.  Welp.  

Collins is an All-Pro caliber safety, he’s not just anyone.

4 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Collins is an All-Pro caliber safety, he’s not just anyone.

Brice just completely upended the safety market values. Gave a guy a six year contract worth $3M more AAV than where the 2019 franchise tag was at.

For that price, he better damn well make the Hall of Fame.

Just now, Woz said:

Brice just completely upended the safety market values. Gave a guy a six year contract worth $3M more AAV than where the 2019 franchise tag was at.

In a year where there are probably 10 quality starting safeties available on the market.  A year after safeties sat on the market for weeks because there was no demand for them at a high price.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MKnight82 said:

In a year where there are probably 10 quality starting safeties available on the market.  A year after safeties sat on the market for weeks because there was no demand for them at a high price.  

Impossible to know the market was with guys like Earl Thomas and Eric Berry still on the market. Thomas wants $14 mil, I’m sure others want near that.

6 minutes ago, Woz said:

Maybe he will be and he can play center field, it’s just not how to best use him. Imo he’s better at center field than Swearinger.

Just now, turtle28 said:

Impossible to know the market was with guys like Earl Thomas and Eric Berry still on the market. Thomas wants $14 mil, I’m sure others want near that.

Well, yes, because Washington just blew the market up.

Houston offered Matthieu $9.5M AAV a couple of days ago.