#WeFiredBruceAllen!!!

MKnight82

1 hour ago, Woz said:

Of course, the question then becomes: why don't the optimists listen when told these points by those with much better track records on correctly analyzing the team and players?

Because they forget about how much they have been wrong and think that being a super positive fan about every move somehow gives them special status.  I'm not talking about here. I've got a few friends who are CONSTANTLY wrong about the Redskins. They are super positive about everything. We argue about it and I lay out the case as to why they are wrong and I get a "we'll see who is right" from them. And when I turn out to be right they want to conveniently ignore it and are on to their next project to be super positive about. If I ever do nail them down, they play the "nothing wrong with being positive about the moves my team makes." And there isn't anything wrong with that. What is wrong with that is that it doesn't wash away the fact that...well...you were wrong about the move. Just being positive doesn't just make it all better and suddenly make the move the right one

17 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

Because they forget about how much they have been wrong and think that being a super positive fan about every move somehow gives them special status.  I'm not talking about here. I've got a few friends who are CONSTANTLY wrong about the Redskins. They are super positive about everything. We argue about it and I lay out the case as to why they are wrong and I get a "we'll see who is right" from them. And when I turn out to be right they want to conveniently ignore it and are on to their next project to be super positive about. If I ever do nail them down, they play the "nothing wrong with being positive about the moves my team makes." And there isn't anything wrong with that. What is wrong with that is that it doesn't wash away the fact that...well...you were wrong about the move. Just being positive doesn't just make it all better and suddenly make the move the right one

In true fairness, no one in this forum admits they were wrong about much and there's no prerequisite that anyone has to. So why, should I for example have to admit I'm wrong when no-one else does?

Just to appease the ones who hate everything the team does? 

Sorry, that's not ever going to be me.

I would also say that I'm not ”super positive about everything with this organization.” I just happen to be more positive than most in this forum. If I go out to twitter and tweet back and forth with the true burgundy & gold sun halss crew, I get roasted like crazy bc I don't think everything is going to work out wonderful. Those are the true blind Faith people, that certainly not me.

I consider myself to be in the middle. I'm not too negative and not too positive  about most moves. I'm a wait and see guy.

Edited by turtle28

8 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

In true fairness, no one in this forum admits they were wrong about much and there's no prerequisite that anyone has to. So why, should I for example have to admit I'm wrong when no-one else does?

*raises his hand*

I do. I do it for transparency's sake and for apologizing when I make a hash of things. You know, being an adult and all?

8 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Yes, the people who are cynical about this team and post regularly on this forum hate the franchise.

Do you even read what you write? Do you not see how it comes off as abrasive?

9 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

And you wonder why you take so much flak from others ...

10 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I would also say that I'm not ”super positive about everything with this organization.” I just happen to be more positive than most in this forum. If I go out to twitter and tweet back and forth with the true burgundy & gold sun halss crew, I get roasted like crazy bc I don't think everything is going to work out wonderful. Those are the true blind Faith people, that certainly not me.

I'm not going to say that there are even more ridiculous "it's always sunny" folks out there in the fanbase. That would be a ludicrous statement.

At the same time, your inability to say "you know, I might be wrong" or "yeah, I was wrong" makes it so that you catch that flak.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Yeah. I've done it. I've issued quite a few mea culpas. Most notably about Fletcher.

So you'd rather go with intellectual dishonesty? Admitting you're wrong isn't "appeasement". And I daresay if this is your mindset then it is not a wonder why you catch so much flak from people when you are in fact wrong. You choose to die on a hill just because you don't want to admit you're wrong, simply because you'd have to admit it to a person who was negative about that move.

The only times I've seen you roasted about posting Twitter stuff is when you:

A) quote your own Twitter

B) quote some nobody that no one has ever heard of

I consider myself to be in the middle. I'm not too negative and not too positive  about most moves. I'm a wait and see guy.

Okay...

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Woz said:

*raises his hand*

I do. I do it for transparency's sake and for apologizing when I make a hash of things. You know, being an adult and all?

Yes, the people who are cynical about this team and post regularly on this forum hate the franchise.

Do you even read what you write? Do you not see how it comes off as abrasive?

And you wonder why you take so much flak from others ...

I'm not going to say that there are even more ridiculous "it's always sunny" folks out there in the fanbase. That would be a ludicrous statement.

At the same time, your inability to say "you know, I might be wrong" or "yeah, I was wrong" makes it so that you catch that flak.

I do all of that a lot too, but you believe what you want. I mean you’re the senior mod so you must be right...

14 minutes ago, Woz said:

Huh ... when the two mods independently write essentially the same post, perhaps one should reflect on their words for awhile before blowing it off.

I don't agree with you and I've actually been on this forum longer than both of you. You both are in the same camp, of course you're going to agree with each other.

Edited by turtle28

26 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I don't agree with you and I've actually been on this forum longer than both of you. You both are in the same camp, of course you're going to agree with each other.

You think Thai and I agree on everything? That we're in the "same camp?" ... well, okay then.

I would suggest you take a coffee/smoke/whatever break for 10-15 minutes.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I don't agree with you and I've actually been on this forum longer than both of you.

And this and a few dollars will get you a cup of coffee. Tenure means nothing when it comes to being right or wrong. If you think tenure grants you some special license to act a certain way on the forum, you're sadly mistaken.

You both are in the same camp, of course you're going to agree with each other.

LOL...you know how many times @Woz and I disagree (both in public and via IM)? Quite a bit.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, turtle28 said:

“Well, we all know some on the forum are never wrong, but. Just a little weak on being right.” Adapted from In Harms Way

my thinking is - who gives a crap anyway. We voice our opinions and hear others opinions and if they are different- all the better. Nothing more boring than being and hearing everyone say the same things. So bring it on and get us to number 1 in quality posts “Second Place is the First Loser"  Dale Earnhardt

our team won’t be first for a very long time but maybe this forum will be

Edited by Doc Draper
  • Like 2

On 3/13/2019 at 3:36 PM, turtle28 said:

I'm relatively new to this site, but in previous stops, I will always admit to being wrong, if that's indeed the case.  In recent history, I was right about Alex Smith, and I'm 99% sure I'm right on Paul Richardson.  I was right on the RGIII thing blowing up in our faces, though I did not expect the injury.  I expected the Gruden era to be largely mediocre.  My family background in football means I know a ton about the sport, most people would forget half of it, and I know how to break down film and what to look for in certain players.  

The problem with this team is ownership.  While everyone wants their team to be the Patriots, there are model organizations around us that have won consistently since Snyder took over.  The Steelers, Ravens and Eagles all fall under that category.  They have five Super Bowl victories between themselves during the Patriots dynasty, and in many cases, made deep playoff runs.  All within a couple hundred miles of each other, and within a couple hundred miles of the Redskins.  The blueprint is out there.  Snyder refuses to follow it.

I'm more than happy to support the team.  In the case of Landon Collins, the team needed a safety, and has a lack of cap space.  They have a cap expert who does his job in Eric Schaeffer, and for all intents and purposes, he pulled off another fantastic deal.  That's where I end any sort of positive thinking. 

Plain and simple, the front office botched this evaluation when the guaranteed money comes down to three years, $45 million for a BOX safety.  A centerfielder like Honey Badger could've been had for $1 million less AAV per year, and his contract ALONE doesn't match the guaranteed money that Collins is making. We gave him $12.5 million more guaranteed than Earl Thomas.  Those guys are centerfielders, and are much harder to find and have more impact than box safeties.

Box safeties also have short lifespans.  These guys are in the trenches getting hit by offensive lineman as they are trying to make the tackle or rush the QB.  They tackling tight ends and running backs who are the same size or bigger than than, all of the momentum usually on the opposing side.  I see this deal going sideways like LaRon Landry and Adam Archuleta did.  I mean, Kam Chancellor is a better comparison for on-field impact, and after four years of great health to start his career, Chancellor has since played in 14,11,12 and 9 games, and sat out all of 2018 and his career essentially over due to a neck injury.  And he's exactly the kind of player Collins is.  

So with everything I've seen on the player, and past player evaluations and similarities, I'm once again calling a spade a spade, and the front office really screwed another one up.  But that is typical for Bruce Allen and Snyder.  

• Like 4

9 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I'm relatively new to this site, but in previous stops, I will always admit to being wrong, if that's indeed the case.  In recent history, I was right about Alex Smith, and I'm 99% sure I'm right on Paul Richardson.  I was right on the RGIII thing blowing up in our faces, though I did not expect the injury.  I expected the Gruden era to be largely mediocre.  My family background in football means I know a ton about the sport, most people would forget half of it, and I know how to break down film and what to look for in certain players.  

The problem with this team is ownership.  While everyone wants their team to be the Patriots, there are model organizations around us that have won consistently since Snyder took over.  The Steelers, Ravens and Eagles all fall under that category.  They have five Super Bowl victories between themselves during the Patriots dynasty, and in many cases, made deep playoff runs.  All within a couple hundred miles of each other, and within a couple hundred miles of the Redskins.  The blueprint is out there.  Snyder refuses to follow it.

I'm more than happy to support the team.  In the case of Landon Collins, the team needed a safety, and has a lack of cap space.  They have a cap expert who does his job in Eric Schaeffer, and for all intents and purposes, he pulled off another fantastic deal.  That's where I end any sort of positive thinking. 

Plain and simple, the front office botched this evaluation when the guaranteed money comes down to three years, $45 million for a BOX safety.  A centerfielder like Honey Badger could've been had for $1 million less AAV per year, and his contract ALONE doesn't match the guaranteed money that Collins is making. We gave him $12.5 million more guaranteed than Earl Thomas.  Those guys are centerfielders, and are much harder to find and have more impact than box safeties.

Box safeties also have short lifespans.  These guys are in the trenches getting hit by offensive lineman as they are trying to make the tackle or rush the QB.  They tackling tight ends and running backs who are the same size or bigger than than, all of the momentum usually on the opposing side.  I see this deal going sideways like LaRon Landry and Adam Archuleta did.  I mean, Kam Chancellor is a better comparison for on-field impact, and after four years of great health to start his career, Chancellor has since played in 14,11,12 and 9 games, and sat out all of 2018 and his career essentially over due to a neck injury.  And he's exactly the kind of player Collins is.  

So with everything I've seen on the player, and past player evaluations and similarities, I'm once again calling a spade a spade, and the front office really screwed another one up.  But that is typical for Bruce Allen and Snyder.  

I still support the signing. From this I see the lost we took is paying him 12 million more than we possibly needed to. Collins hopefully doesn't have any bad injury and can play past Chancellor's time period in the league. Chancellor was still playing at a All-Pro level before his neck injury. Thats why I support players getting thier money. Collins has his money and is playing for the team his Idol played with. I have no doubt he will give this team his all. 

3 hours ago, turtle28 said:

And I'm too optimistic? 😆 

I gave this guy a lmao in response to this tweet.

As pessimistic as I am, I dont rule out Sims eventually working his way to #1.

At least if the coaching staff were honest and didn't play favorites

• Like 1