#WeFiredBruceAllen!!!

MKnight82

I have no reason not to believe EB. Last year Jay eluded to the fact that he was told by Bruce that they were trading for Alex Smith after the deal was worked out and before Jay had a chance to even watch film and evaluate the top QBs in the 2018 draft.

Bruce is calling the shots bc Dan knows Bruce will do what he wants just the way Vinny used to last decade. Bruce is Dan’s puppet. I doubt Jay even knew Dan was having dinner with Collins and giving him the Sean Taylor signed and game worn jersey.

2 hours ago, lavar703 said:

And Craig Hoffman, who’s much more of a source has already refuted this story. Didn’t take long. 

Who’s Craig’s Source? Bruce Allen, Jay Gruden, Tony Wiley or Larry Michael? Lol 😂 

Like any of them will admit to that?

4 hours ago, Woz said:

On one hand, it's a guy who is part of a radio crew known as the "Sports Junkies."

On the other, they've been doing the sports beat for 20-25 years now and while they're a bit crude/out there, you have to think they've made some contacts inside of Ashburn over the years.

So the question is: does this story feel plausible? Yes, yes it does given Brice. However, we cannot be sure. I'm taking it under advisement, but I'm not treating it as holy writ.

I’m not either. Lavar is just out here bashing a guy who has been an industry standard for a long time and isn’t known for a history of false reporting. 

Edited by MikeT14
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I’m not either. Lavar is just out here bashing a guy who has been an industry standard for a long time and isn’t known for a history of false reporting. 

He’s also in a round about way defending the Redskins front office and Bruce Allen which is completely out of character.

So, the true worry I have is, who abducted @lavar703 ?

I’m worried for his life. 

49 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

He’s also in a round about way defending the Redskins front office and Bruce Allen which is completely out of character.

So, the true worry I have is, who abducted @lavar703 ?

I’m worried for his life. 

I’m not defending Bruce or the front office. I’m bashing sensationalist reporting which seems to happen all too often and then gets refuted by more reliable sources. It has absolutely nothing to do with defending Bruce. 

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

Bashing him? I’m a fan of EB and have been for a long time but he’s not a credible source. Nor have his supposed sources ever come through with credible info. If Keim or Hoffman had said this then I’d believe it. 

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

Redskins Park takes on more water than the Titanic, I have a hard time NOT believing stuff that comes from the anonymous sources.  

10 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Bashing him? I’m a fan of EB and have been for a long time but he’s not a credible source. Nor have his supposed sources ever come through with credible info. If Keim or Hoffman had said this then I’d believe it. 

He has been before.

I saw a "sort of" refute from Hoffman. That's about it. 

• Like 1

On 3/18/2019 at 9:06 PM, lavar703 said:

I’m not defending Bruce or the front office. I’m bashing sensationalist reporting which seems to happen all too often and then gets refuted by more reliable sources. It has absolutely nothing to do with defending Bruce. 

If you're saying that Jay Gruden is told and consulted on all Redskins personnel moves, I think that's wrong.

So, if you're saying that EB is wrong and Gruden is consulted then you're defending how the Redskins front office is currently run where Bruce doesn't consult his HC and doesn't even tell him what moves he's going to make with player personal.

I mean this is something that we've debated in the forum for years, whether Allen unilaterally make decisions with the backing of Snyder on football personnel or if everyone was consulted. For years they've said everyone is consulted and they work together.

EB said that's not true and Jay doesn't even know the moves Brice is going to make.

Honestly, which of the two do you think is closer to the truth?

I think the truth is Brice does all the free agent moves and always has even when McCloughan was here even though McCloughan & Santos put the list together. I think this offseason the last three, Jay would like to make more moves and get better players bc he's looking at his roster and thinking I can't make it to the playoffs with so many holes on this current roster and I'm going to get fired.

I think if it were up to Jay, DJax or Garcon wouldn't have both been gone in 2017, and Kirk would’ve been re-signed. I also think if it were up to Jay interior OL depth would be better and Lauvao wouldn't have been starting on the team last year, but just depth.

Edited by turtle28

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/18/2019 at 4:56 PM, turtle28 said:

I have no reason not to believe EB. Last year Jay eluded to the fact that he was told by Bruce that they were trading for Alex Smith after the deal was worked out and before Jay had a chance to even watch film and evaluate the top QBs in the 2018 draft.

Bruce is calling the shots bc Dan knows Bruce will do what he wants just the way Vinny used to last decade. Bruce is Dan’s puppet. I doubt Jay even knew Dan was having dinner with Collins and giving him the Sean Taylor signed and game worn jersey.

I think you aren't give Bruce enough credit.  The vast majority of moves we have seen in recent years are not like moves Snyder use to perpetrate.  I am sure Snyder takes control at times, like any owner, but rarely do I see moves that are reflective of the Vinny/Dan fantasy football days.  

6 hours ago, offbyone said:

I think you aren't give Bruce enough credit.  The vast majority of moves we have seen in recent years are not like moves Snyder use to perpetrate.  I am sure Snyder takes control at times, like any owner, but rarely do I see moves that are reflective of the Vinny/Dan fantasy football days.  

You can write this down in blood. I'll never give Bruce TOO much of the credit. If they make a good move, I’ll say he was involved in process bc most likely he was. When they eff up, I'll blame Brice & Dan. Sadly, they've both earned they reaction from this fanbase.

Ted & the Wizards finally saw the light and canned Ernie. Hopefully someday the same will be done with Bruce, but just like with Ernie, in not going to predict it bc Dan is an enigma.

Edited by turtle28

3 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

Maybe it’s just nostalgia but when I see the fire Bruce Allen highlighted idc what discussions are going I have to read these posts first lol

It's that natural inclination of humanity: oh look, it's a trainwreck. I need to stop and stare at it.

• Like 2