#WeFiredBruceAllen!!!

MKnight82

4 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

The majority of fans will turn on Trent Williams instead of the front office.  Its sickening.  

It’s already starting. I won’t count Doc because he hasn’t been the biggest fan of Trent for years now. It’s honestly depressing to see fans salivating over draft choices that almost certainly won’t be anywhere near as good as Trent but whatever. They’ll never learn. 

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

It’s already starting. I won’t count Doc because he hasn’t been the biggest fan of Trent for years now. It’s honestly depressing to see fans salivating over draft choices that almost certainly won’t be anywhere near as good as Trent but whatever. They’ll never learn. 

I don't feel like it's turning on Trent to me more then believing the front office has pushed this to the point at best he plays out the contract then leave(Don't see him resigning) at worse he retire or just stays away and we get nothing for him.Vs maybe getting a pick or two back is better then nothing or a comp pick 4 years away.

Again think most fans like me are at the point that Trent and the Front office are broken and it not fixable for this season.

Given Choice I'd take Trent on the Team and respect his reasoning for staying away,I just don't see him coming back this season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

The majority of fans will turn on Trent Williams instead of the front office.  Its sickening.  

If the information we have about the trent williams situation is accurate then blaming anyone in the organization for the trent williams situations is silly.  There are plenty of things to blame bruce allen for, we don't need to stretch this one to say it is his fault.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, offbyone said:

If the information we have about the trent williams situation is accurate then blaming anyone in the organization for the trent williams situations is silly.  There are plenty of things to blame bruce allen for, we don't need to stretch this one to say it is his fault.  

Hard to tell since we haven't had Trent saying anything publicly.  I don't think its a stretch to blame the GM when the team's top player is upset about the team's supposed lack of trustworthiness.  

2 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Speaking for myself, I haven't turned on Trent but I do realize that if he doesn't want to be here then it's best to move on. Now, if it's over money I don't think they should be giving a boatload of new guaranteed money to a 31-year old oft-injured player.

Given how young most of the team is  anyways right now, this gives the team a golden opportunity to trade Trent away to a team which is a contender or thinks they are for multiple picks which the Redskins can then use to acquire more young talent around Haskins. 

Edited by turtle28

34 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Hard to tell since we haven't had Trent saying anything publicly.  I don't think its a stretch to blame the GM when the team's top player is upset about the team's supposed lack of trustworthiness.  

Yeah but from what beat reporters are saying, Trent was told to get a second opinion by the medical staff, Trent waited to do that until after the season. Classic case of you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink.

Edited by turtle28

7 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Yeah but from what beat reporters are saying, Trent was told to get a second opinion by the medical staff, Trent waited to do that until after the season. Classic case of you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink.

At the same time, there are reports when he asked if they thought it was serious, that the training staff said "not really" so that's why he waited.

Again, there's plenty of blame to go around.

4 minutes ago, Woz said:

At the same time, there are reports when he asked if they thought it was serious, that the training staff said "not really" so that's why he waited.

Again, there's plenty of blame to go around.

I thought they said, ”we don't think so, we think you can play through it but if you want to, get a second opinion.”

4 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Such are contract hold outs in the NFL.  In this situation, the player is mostly in the right.  However, both sides need to back down and just get a face to face meeting.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Its rare to get a HOF caliber player at any position, and Trent is close to that level with his performance.  If he doesn't play the next couple years at a high level, he falls short.  However, I also can't blame the fans who may want to move on and get players/picks who are going to be here when Haskins is ready to compete in 2-3 years.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Such are contract hold outs in the NFL.  In this situation, the player is mostly in the right.  However, both sides need to back down and just get a face to face meeting.  

Brice will never admit he was wrong when he can shiv someone else and blame them.

• Like 3