#WeFiredBruceAllen!!!

MKnight82

5 hours ago, A TRAIN 89 said:

How he navigates the T-Will situation moving forward now that its more of a national story will be interesting. It seems now more than ever that T-Will will NEVER play, so the onus is now on Bruce to make a move.

Or not make a move.  We've had years of Allen and decades of Snyder to know that they don't capitulate.  They always have to control the narrative and be right. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Or not make a move.  We've had years of Allen and decades of Snyder to know that they don't capitulate.  They always have to control the narrative and be right. 

ZhlSAsk.gif

giphy.gif

20 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

I hate Bruce Allen as much as anyone, but Warren is inaccurate in who had final say in the selection of some of these players. Yes, Bruce was there but we all know that in 2012 & 13, Mike Shanahan had final control over all football operations. And, in 2015 and 16, Scot McCloughan was the GM and ran the Redskins draft. 

So, while it’s a fun stat to put out there, I don’t agree with its accuracy.

I’d also ask what players that Shanahan and McCloughan drafted in 2012/13 & 2015/16 should Allen have re-signed?

Trent Murphy and Spencer Long got overpaid by the Bills and Jets. Long was cut after one season for the Jets.  Ryan Grant got overpaid to go the Colts last year, he wasn’t worth 1-year and $5 million.

I think both Crowder and PSmith got overpaid by the Jets and Packers, but that remains to be seen.

I think they should have re-signed Breeland especially when he became cheaper after he cut his foot. So, that’s one guy.  

Edited by turtle28

On 8/22/2019 at 3:29 PM, A TRAIN 89 said:

How he navigates the T-Will situation moving forward now that its more of a national story will be interesting. It seems now more than ever that T-Will will NEVER play, so the onus is now on Bruce to make a move.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001044776/article/redskins-prez-allen-trent-williams-will-play-with-us

"I think Trent's going to play football, yes," Allen said. "We had a surprising retirement this week in the NFL and I don't see Trent retiring."

Asked whether he think Williams will play for the 'Skins or another team, Allen responded, "No, it'll be with us."

giphy.gif

• Like 1

Can you imagine what (2) firsts & a 2nd could do for this organization going forward?

We would get a 2nd back, since we don't have one from trading up for Sweat.

Then have 2 firsts in 2020 & 2021 draft including our own, to build this team with Franchise QB Haskins already on board.

We could completely turn this franchise around and by 2021 or 2022, have an extremely talented roster.

Even better, than what we see now.

I'm bewildered on what Bruce Allen is thinking or doing.

29 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

Can you imagine what (2) firsts & a 2nd could do for this organization going forward?

We would get a 2nd back, since we don't have one from trading up for Sweat.

Then have 2 firsts in 2020 & 2021 draft including our own, to build this team with Franchise QB Haskins already on board.

We could completely turn this franchise around and by 2021 or 2022, have an extremely talented roster.

Even better, than what we see now.

I'm bewildered on what Bruce Allen is thinking or doing.

Bruce can’t, but I for one completely agree. Even if you don’t get the same return because Williams is older, you still set yourself up to take a top LT next year, a top WR, and have an above average defense and plenty of cap room to extend the D-Line. Instead we’ll let him sit out all year until we release him in a new dump that goes with the Redskins Fall Fest.

• Like 1