#WeFiredBruceAllen!!!

MKnight82

14 hours ago, Woz said:

If only someone could have predicted that last year was an aberration and that he would likely fall back down to his career numbers!

IF ONLY!!!

Aberation? After just 5 games how can we know how the next 15 games are going to play out? Can I get that crystal ball?

Even if he stayed on this pace, he’d still have a near 4,000 yd season with 20 TDs and 6 or 7 ints. As long as our running game and defense are still playing well too, those kind of numbers probably get us a winning season and maybe a playoff birth.

Sure they’re not gaudy but our QB is only throwing the ball 34 times a game and rushing it 29 times a game. We are the definition of balanced, unlike the Redskins offense in 2016 & 17.

10 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Aberation? After just 5 games how can we know how the next 15 games are going to play out? Can I get that crystal ball?

Even if he stayed on this pace, he’d still have a near 4,000 yd season with 20 TDs and 6 or 7 ints. As long as our running game and defense are still playing well too, those kind of numbers probably get us a winning season and maybe a playoff birth.

Sure they’re not gaudy but our QB is only throwing the ball 34 times a game and rushing it 29 times a game. We are the definition of balanced, unlike the Redskins offense in 2016 & 17.

Jesus Christ will you stop with the excuses. We aren’t the definition of balanced. Balanced means you can win either way. If we’re forced to throw the ball ultimately we can’t and we lose. 

4 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Jesus Christ will you stop with the excuses. We aren’t the definition of balanced. Balanced means you can win either way. If we’re forced to throw the ball ultimately we can’t and we lose. 

No, balanced just means you run it around as much as you pass it.

Dont change the narrative to just fit your crystal ball.

On 10/19/2018 at 4:14 PM, Woz said:

If only someone could have predicted that last year was an aberration and that he would likely fall back down to his career numbers!

IF ONLY!!!

outlier example
A value that "lies outside" (is much smaller or larger than) most of the other values in a set of data.

18 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Look at the rest of his career. Then look at last year. If you can't see what is not the norm by looking at those datasets, then no one can help you. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

Look at the rest of his career. Then look at last year. If you can't see what is not the norm by looking at those datasets, then no one can help you. 

I’ve said this thousands of times - and it matters - if you don’t throw the ball 540 to 600 times in a season and your offense is balanced - like ours and Sf & KC most years Alex was there - and not pass happy like we were from 2015-2017, then the QB isn’t going to put up gaudy stats but if he’s efficient and doesn’t turn the ball over, the team will win, and Alex’s teams have this decade.

14 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I’ve said this thousands of times - and it matters - if you don’t throw the ball 540 to 600 times in a season and your offense is balanced - like ours and Sf & KC most years Alex was there - and not pass happy like we were from 2015-2017, then the QB isn’t going to put up gaudy stats but if he’s efficient and doesn’t turn the ball over, the team will win, and Alex’s teams have this decade.

You, quite literally, continue to miss the point. Even after @Woz and I have been patient and explained it ad nauseum why you going with bulk stats is the wrong way to compare. 

3 minutes ago, TheGreeK1973 said:

The negative aspect of winning.  Alan will keep his job.  So do we know if the reports are true that his guy and his boss were upset because Doug W brought in AP without asking them first?  LMAO.  Where we would be now if that didn't happen?  

We’d probably have 1 or 2 wins w/o AD.

What upsets me more - and I know it’s hindsight- is that they didn’t have the foresight to sign him last year or at worst trade for him when things went south in New Orleans. 

The Redskins probably win 3 or 4 more games last year if they had a consistent running game, especially a RB who could punch it in on short yardage and at the goal line.

I still don’t think winning keeps Allen’s job. Snyder has to be seething watching Cousins go up and down the field in Minnesota. He’s paying Smith similar money and he’s been dreadful. We’ll be drafting a QB in a year or two. I am starting to think Gruden gets an extension before the season ends though.