#WeFiredBruceAllen!!!

MKnight82

So basically the entire off-season that I complained about turned out to be a bad off-season.

Overpaying an injury prone receiver? Failure

Trading for captain checkdown? Failure

Overdrafting a project OT? Failure

Not replacing Lauvao? Failure

Not drafting a QB? Failure

Lucking into Daron Payne doesn’t make things better. This entire off-season was a disaster. Either you fire Bruce or the stadium keeps getting emptier and emptier. The fans have had enough of this crap. 

5 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I don’t get still how geron Christian is a failure. Not settling the guard position is, but Christian isn’t a bust yet. 

That’s true. He isn’t a bust yet but I guess we expected him to be playing in some games and not have to scramble signing fa o- linemen who nobody wants. 

39 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Christian isn’t a failure. Where we drafted him was. 

Exactly. He needs so much work if he were to pan out. That LSU bowl game he was run over constantly, watch that and theres no way on earth youd guess that guy would ever be a pro. But they say he was only raw and does have potential and great feet to use as a foundation to build off of. We could of had him way later, probably the 6th since he is a person youd tuck away and bring out years down the road.

And I really never understood the "Has great feet" thing Ive seen on him. That LSU game he was run around like a stump all game long. He never dropped back in time to pass block and Jackson was running for his life every pass play.

• Like 1

On 11/5/2018 at 6:16 PM, lavar703 said:

So basically the entire off-season that I complained about turned out to be a bad off-season.

Overpaying an injury prone receiver? Failure

Trading for captain checkdown? Failure

Overdrafting a project OT? Failure

Not replacing Lauvao? Failure

Not drafting a QB? Failure

Lucking into Daron Payne doesn’t make things better. This entire off-season was a disaster. Either you fire Bruce or the stadium keeps getting emptier and emptier. The fans have had enough of this crap. 

Do you want a cookie? Also, season isn’t over yet. Despite these issues we are still leading the division and have a chance to either win the division or challenge to win it in Dec. All is not lost.

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

Do you want a cookie? Also, season isn’t over yet. Despite these issues we are still leading the division and have a chance to either win the division or challenge to win it in Dec. All is not lost.

Do you want a cookie? 

23 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Do you want a cookie? 

Yes I do! But I’m not patting myself on the back and making a post about how all the bad things I predicted about this season so far have been right, and looking for conformation from other posters in that.

It also seems like a foolish statement to make mid season. Again, the season isn’t over yet. 

• 3 of the 5 things on your list could end up being wrong by the end of season or within another year or two.

• Alex could have a better second half of the season than he’s had the first - especially when CT & Crowder return. Also, he could have a better 2019 than he’s had 2018.

• It’s way too early to determine if Christian is or isn’t going to be a failure or really any of our draft picks. He could develop into starter quality in another year or two, and if not he could develop into a very reliable swing tackle. Guice is most likely still our future starter next year and for the next 8-10 years at running back. Apke, Settle and DSH could be future starters too on defense. 

• Not drafting a QB isn’t a failure.

• Was signing PRich a disaster? I don’t think so, injuries are out of the front offices control. Yes, he didn’t play like a #1 but he’s been our best WR this year and was on pace for about 50 recs and 5 or 6 TDs. Yes, not great and not#1 number, but not a disaster either. He played like a starring WR for sure for us.

Lastly, they didn’t luck box their way into D Payne. I don’t understand your thought process on the Redskins almost all the time. When they do something and it works it well, it was either lucky or it wasn’t because they actually did something well. You’ll give some other wild reason for it.

Drafting Payne was the right move, period! They made a good decision! That’s it. 

I don’t think the rest of the offseason besides drafting Payne has been a disaster. I don’t think it’s a disaster that they traded down and drafted Guice, it’s just he got hurt which sucks. That is out of the control of the front office and coaching staff. Re-signing and giving the starting job to Dunny and letting Breeland doesn’t look like a disaster. Re-signing Zach Brown hasn’t been a disaster.

Edited by turtle28

• 2 weeks later...

If Alex Smith's career is done, this offseason is the perfect time for a mini reboot.  Meaning we bring in a new front office to move this organization forward.  We shouldn't have the same stale old regime picking the team's new QB.  I'm on the fence about Gruden, I don't think he's a bad coach.  But if the new GM wants someone else I'm fine moving on too.  I don't think our roster needs a big shape up, just a new QB and new organizational leadership.  

• Like 1

Just now, Jeezy Fanatic said:

This is perfect for Bruce/Jay spin. "Oh man, we had it all turned around but then Smith got hurt. Now we need another 2/3 years to re-boot - injuries happen and that's why we're bad"

I mean Bruce was here for the RG3 disaster trade.  He let Cousins walk for nothing.  He traded a 3rd and Fuller for a QB we got half a season out of.  I don't see how he can survive this.

On 11/10/2018 at 8:09 PM, turtle28 said:

Yes I do! But I’m not patting myself on the back and making a post about how all the bad things I predicted about this season so far have been right, and looking for conformation from other posters in that.

Um, @turtle28, you really might want to do some self realization before you post this again. Because from where I sit, you have done this many times before 

• Like 3