#WeFiredBruceAllen!!!

MKnight82

4 minutes ago, TKellion said:

Because this team wont seriously compete for the playoffs anyways.We need ,Safeties,ILBs,real pass rushers(besides Kerrigan)OG,WRs to go along with that rookie QB.Let Smith take the abuse and let the rookie QB watch and learn.It has worked in the past.

I see it as the opposite.  Since we won't be competing, might as well let the rookie play.  

• Like 1

Just now, TKellion said:

I would rather keep him one more season while we rebuild this train wreck.Draft a new QB and let him learn for a year.No need to ruin him in his rookie season.

At the same time, if you keep Smith around for 2019, his 2020 salary becomes fully guaranteed (occurs on the 5th day of the 2019 league year).

So, late February-early March 2019 is effectively a go/no-go point for Smith as QB for the next two years.

• Like 1

Just now, TKellion said:

.Let Smith take the abuse and let the rookie QB watch and learn.It has worked in the past.

In the pre-salary cap era, sure.

Doesn't work as well now because the advantage of the rookie QB is that he is cheap, allowing you to sign/re-sign the safeties, ILBs, pass rushers, guards, and wide receivers that you want them to sign. At most, you let the rookie QB sit for one year. But, as I said, if you keep Smith in 2019, you are keeping him in 2020.

5 minutes ago, Woz said:

In the pre-salary cap era, sure.

Doesn't work as well now because the advantage of the rookie QB is that he is cheap, allowing you to sign/re-sign the safeties, ILBs, pass rushers, guards, and wide receivers that you want them to sign. At most, you let the rookie QB sit for one year. But, as I said, if you keep Smith in 2019, you are keeping him in 2020.

In your opinion woz,will this team be ready to compete in 2020?

4 hours ago, TKellion said:

In your opinion woz,will this team be ready to compete in 2020?

With Allen at the helm? No.

With someone competent as a GM and Jay Gruden as the coach? Maybe, but I'm dubious.

With someone competent as a GM and a decent head coach? Doable.

Remember, the Eagles won a Super Bowl two years after Chip Kelly was fired and they cleaned house. I'm not saying it would happen for Washington, but it's not beyond the pale.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Woz said:

With Allen at the helm? No.

With someone competent as a GM and Jay Gruden as the coach? Maybe, but I'm dubious.

With someone competent as a GM and a decent head coach? Doable.

Remember, the Eagles won a Super Bowl two years after Chip Kelly was fired and they cleaned house. I'm not saying it would happen for Washington, but it's not beyond the pale.

Thats because the owner in Philly had the cajones to actually fire someone that can't produce something on the field. Snyder can't do that with Allen. 

I am completely fine with Jay Gruden as coach, but I seriously want him to hand over the playcalling. Smith is not the right QB for his system. Cousins was. But that is another story for another time. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Why?  Rookie QBs start their rookie years all the time now.  Better to let the rookie get experience sooner than later IMO.

Mahomes sat, Rodgers sat, Brady day, Eli sat, Goff sat, Brees sat, Big Ben sat, Rivers sat and Cousins sat, and I’m probably missing some. 

I’m a big believer in rookie QBs sitting for at least a month in their rookie seasons. If the vet in front of them stinks up the place then, put in the rookie, but if not, have the rookie sit and learn. Mahomes, Goff and the others listed were aided by sitting, learning and watching as rookies.

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Mahomes sat, Rodgers sat, Brady day, Eli sat, Goff sat, Brees sat, Big Ben sat, Rivers sat and Cousins sat, and I’m probably missing some. 

I’m a big believer in rookie QBs sitting for at least a month in their rookie seasons. If the vet in front of them stinks up the place then, put in the rookie, but if not, have the rookie sit and learn. Mahomes, Goff and the others listed were aided by sitting, learning and watching as rookies.

Mahomes is the only recent one on that list. Brady doesn't count lol. Always the exception to the rule. I think when they talk about sitting rookie QBs, it's for more than a month. It's usually for most, if not all, of the season.

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

Mahomes is the only recent one on that list. Brady doesn't count lol. Always the exception to the rule. I think when they talk about sitting rookie QBs, it's for more than a month. It's usually for most, if not all, of the season.

Goff was drafted in 2016

51 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

He didn't sit the season. He sat, what, maybe half? I guess that's more than usual. But again, sitting a QB to learn is more than just a month of the season. 

Re-read what I wrote. I didn’t say sit the season, I said sit at least a month. Big Ben didn’t sit a season either. Most don’t do that.

23 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

So... I know we touched on this before, but can we fire an owner?

No.  But honestly I feel like when Dan Snyder applies for public funds to build his new stadium the local politicians should put it on the ballot on election day and let the people paying taxes in that district vote if they feel Snyder deserves public funding.