#WeFiredBruceAllen!!!

MKnight82

On 10/10/2018 at 9:27 PM, lavar703 said:

If Kirk continues the pace he’s currently on I have no idea how anybody could save Bruce’s job? Right now the statistical comparison between Smith and Cousins is embarrassing and we appear to have made, yet again, another boneheaded move. Honestly at this point Snyder has to try to suck this bad as an owner. 

I just don’t understand how anyone can continue on defending this Alex Smith trade? He doesn’t fit this offense and the only way we can win is if Peterson runs all over the other team. The best part is we went out and overpaid Paul Richardson to compound the error because the QB we traded for won’t throw the ball further than 10 yards down the field. All of this was one massive failure by our GM. He completely botched the Kirk situation, traded our best young defensive back and a third round pick to acquire a QB who’s been dumped by two other organizations and then gave him $90M. How all of this together doesn’t result in someone losing their job I’ll never know? 

Wait a minute are you telling me the great lavar703 admits letting go of Cousins was a terrible idea?  Wow, I am blown away.:D  On a serious note everything you wrote here lavar I agree with 100%.  

Edited by TheGreeK1973

2 hours ago, TheGreeK1973 said:

Wait a minute are you telling me the great lavar703 admits letting go of Cousins was a terrible idea?  Wow, I am blown away.:D  On a serious note everything you wrote here lavar I agree with 100%.  

I know, he’s done a 180 and it’s hard to keep his opinions straight TBH because he’s been all over the map from 2013-2018.

From what I remember Lavar was a huge RG3 guy - as was I - then, he was an anti-Kirk guy and anti-Colt guy, then we traded for Alex Smith and he’s become pro Kirk & pro Colt because he didn’t like the Alex Smith trade or really, from what I can tell, a lot of it boils down to that we traded a good former VTech Hokie (his school) corner in Fuller for a QB who so far hasn’t lived up to the player he was last year.

Edited by turtle28

5 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I know, he’s done a 180 and it’s hard to keep his opinions straight TBH because he’s been all over the map from 2013-2018.

From what I remember Lavar was a huge RG3 guy - as was I - then, he was an anti-Kirk guy and anti-Colt guy, then we traded for Alex Smith and he’s become pro Kirk & pro Colt because he didn’t like the Alex Smith trade or really, from what I can tell, a lot of it boils down to that we traded a good former VTech Hokie (his school) corner in Fuller for a QB who so far hasn’t lived up to the player he was last year.

Again, you are wrong. It’s true I didn’t like Kirk very much but I really did soften my stance on that going into last season. I said several times he earned the money and they should pay him but it was too late and he had every intention of walking away. I didn’t blame him but I caught a ton of flack for saying we should trade him. I was absolutely right about that situation and I’m right about the Alex Smith situation. It’s a poor fit and it wasn’t going to work. 

21 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Again, you are wrong. It’s true I didn’t like Kirk very much but I really did soften my stance on that going into last season. I said several times he earned the money and they should pay him but it was too late and he had every intention of walking away. I didn’t blame him but I caught a ton of flack for saying we should trade him. I was absolutely right about that situation and I’m right about the Alex Smith situation. It’s a poor fit and it wasn’t going to work. 

Ok. Well I might not be 100% correct with my memory of your positon, but I’m definitely in the ball park. 

With Alex it’s been 5 games, not even close to a large enough sample size to know if this marriage is going to work out. You can disagree all you want, but to most Redskins fans and other football fans around the league your positon that you are already “ABSOLUTELY RIGHT!” about Alex is premature.

Just now, turtle28 said:

Ok. Well I might not be 100% correct with my memory of your positon, but I’m definitely in the ball park. 

With Alex it’s been 5 games, not even close to a large enough sample size to know if this marriage is going to work out. You can disagree all you want, but to most Redskins fans and other football fans around the league your positon that you are already “ABSOLUTELY RIGHT!” about Alex is premature.

Nah, I’m right about this one too. 

3 hours ago, lavar703 said:

This is correct. I remember you softening up a bit over the preseason. And then in Week 3 you literally said "pay the man" in the GDT.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I'm with @lavar703 here. I believe I'm right as well. And since 2007 (when I joined the site), I've been out front with (then) unpopular opinions on players (and the team in general) and with the exception of Fletcher (loved his skill set but wasn't sure how much he had left in the tank or how long he would play without injury ), I've got a pretty good track record of predicting success/failure of the guys we sign.

Yes, its still early for Alex. He could have his own "TB game" too. But the trend is not helping him right now

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

I've got a pretty good track record of predicting success/failure of the guys we sign.

Jeez, you act like picking against Redskins players having success here under Snyder is a tough call Thaistradamus ;)

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

I'm with @lavar703 here. I believe I'm right as well. And since 2007 (when I joined the site), I've been out front with (then) unpopular opinions on players (and the team in general) and with the exception of Fletcher (loved his skill set but wasn't sure how much he had left in the tank or how long he would play without injury ), I've got a pretty good track record of predicting success/failure of the guys we sign.

Yes, its still early for Alex. He could have his own "TB game" too. But the trend is not helping him right now

Well again, I’m not saying anyone is wrong, I’m just saying we don’t have a large enough sample size yet. I don’t even know that I blame Alex for the slow start of the passing game.

If everyone remembers years past, every year Gruden has been the HC, our passing game starts off slow to start the season... at least in the red zone.

13 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

I've done okay on free agent acquisitions. Where you have lapped the board is on trades.

But you and I were both in agreement from the jump on Smith.

AGAIN: (I may be speaking out of turn for @Thaiphoon, but I am pretty sure I'm not) we want to be wrong here!

• Like 1