Defending Super Bowl Champion Philadelphia Eagles (2-3)vs The New York Lowly Giants(1-4)

eagles18

18 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Speaking of, we should be incorporating some quick throws until the OL can work themselves out. 

This is what I don't understand? Why can't a more Athletic, Gifted passer then Nick Foles not run some of the RPO's DP was using throughout the Post Season last year? Why is he asking Wentz to drop back and get sandblasted every other throw?

Get the ball out quickly, limit the hits, make the Defense decide split second which of the 3-4 options you have on any given RPO play. It's like he refuses to try similar things because he's Wentz? Foles was never a threat to run, neither does Carson if you're worried about the ACL.

4 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

This is what I don't understand? Why can't a more Athletic, Gifted passer then Nick Foles not run some of the RPO's DP was using throughout the Post Season last year? Why is he asking Wentz to drop back and get sandblasted every other throw?

Get the ball out quickly, limit the hits, make the Defense decide split second which of the 3-4 options you have on any given RPO play. It's like he refuses to try similar things because he's Wentz? Foles was never a threat to run, neither does Carson if you're worried about the ACL.

He CAN. He just DOESN'T. Wentz looks for the big play more than Foles does. Wentz wants to make the 50 yard TD too many times rather than taking the 5 yard pass that will help move the change. He basically the Anti-Dak

1 hour ago, EaglesPeteC said:

He CAN. He just DOESN'T. Wentz looks for the big play more than Foles does. Wentz wants to make the 50 yard TD too many times rather than taking the 5 yard pass that will help move the change. He basically the Anti-Dak

I didn't see the Minnesota game. Were we running 90% RPO"s like with Foles? Didn't seem that way via highlights?

16 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Any chance Odell replaces Eli at QB? :D

Mills and Darby i think stay on their side so im sure there will be OBJ burning Mills more than  we would like.... 

Eli has beef with Lil Wayne so he's not gonna be looking Odell's direction. 

I need to see a commitment to the run this game, some blitzes (particularly A gaps), Carson with quicker throws and decisions, and LBs in some slant lanes to negate Eli throwing the ball too quickly. I’d like to see the pass rush get home but if we can tackle better and stop them as they catch those quick throws I’ll take it as improvement. Beats Eli beating Mills for 40 yard chunks. But that’s what I’m looking for to turn the season around. I think it starts tonight. 

Archived