We are actually good at football

hornbybrown

2 minutes ago, hornbybrown said:

We are good, soon to be very good.

It’s hard to believe but we are. The D is amazing. The offense is a work in progress but it will find itself. When it does look out everyone else we are going to be very hard to beat.

In Dorsey I believe 

We’re very competitive. For the first time on a given day, you can argue we could beat the given team we play. 

Realistically, we’re about avg on offense and on defense. Some real strengths and a few holes. I think in the end of the year, that will be reflected in a record that’s around .500 and almost every game being very close. 

Going forward, if Baker continues to progress and we give him a couple reliable targets, we should be a team consistently in the playoff race. There will be a day soon where we watch Cavs/Indians games and say that at least we have the Browns. 

2 hours ago, pnies20 said:

With mayfield or a good kicker I feel like we’d be 4-1.

Yeah, this is a different team from the first two and a half games. I'm not saying we are good yet either but there is a chance we are heading in that direction.

28 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Our offense is in the middle of the pack imo, would be a little higher with less drops. 

Defense has been good every game except vs oak. 

Apart from our punter st is the worst 

I also blame play calling quite a bit for the offense being pedestrian.

I want to run the ball, but not on 2nd and 10, we keep getting ourselves into 3rd and long which baker has gotten us out of a lot.  I want to run on 1st and goal at the 4!!!!

I want to play action on 2nd and 1 and throw it deep, not run stupid reverses...

I don't disagree with some plays, just the time at which we run them...

33 minutes ago, CBrownsman said:

I also blame play calling quite a bit for the offense being pedestrian.

I want to run the ball, but not on 2nd and 10, we keep getting ourselves into 3rd and long which baker has gotten us out of a lot.  I want to run on 1st and goal at the 4!!!!

I want to play action on 2nd and 1 and throw it deep, not run stupid reverses...

I don't disagree with some plays, just the time at which we run them...

Totally I wonder if some of the play calling haley trying to take pressure off Baker.

But it has been pretty poor I agree. 

I really wanted to convert the 2nd and 1 with a run then and there. Not a te screen.

Archived