Week 6: Chicago Bears (3-1) @ Miami Dolphins (3-2)

TheKillerNacho

CHI @ MIA  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Miami Dolphins
    • Chicago Bears
    • Tie
  2. 2. How close will the game be?

• 3 or less point difference
    • 4-7 point difference
    • 8-14 point difference
    • 15 or greater point difference
  3. 3. Who scores the most fantasy points in this game?

• Brock Osweiler
    • Mitchell Trubisky
    • Kenyan Drake
    • Frank Gore
    • Jordan Howard
    • Tarik Cohen
    • DeVante Parker
    • Albert Wilson
    • Danny Amendola
    • Kenny Stills
    • Allen Robinson
    • Taylor Gabriel
    • Kevin White
    • Mike Gesicki
    • Trey Burton
    • Jason Sanders
    • Cody Parkey
    • Dolphins DST
    • Bears DST
    • Other

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/17/2018 at 12:00 AM

Watch-Chicago-Bears-vs-Miami-Dolphins-Li

I think I originally had this game as a win but now... 3-3 here we come. Khalil Mack could generate pressures against our OL even if it was just him against our five guys.

We're in some serious trouble offensively.

Defensively, I don't mind the matchup. Our secondary is much better than Tampa Bay's, so I'm hoping we won't give Trubisky another All-Pro performance

Ultimately I think we lose:

Chicago 22
Miami 13

I think this will be a good test for both teams. On another note I find it really funny that me and one other person voted in this poll and we both voted for the exact same things. What are the odds lol

Pre-season I pegged this as a loss, mostly because of Vic Fangio and that defense. They've allowed 24 points (GB), 17 (SEA), 14 (ARI), and 10 (TB). They'll also be coming off a bye week.

If Sam Young starts at LT, I may have to watch this game clockwork orange style. The Bengals put their foot on the Dolphins throat when Tunsil went out - they regularly put 3 defensive linemen to the defensive right of the center and FORCED Young, Larsen, and Swanson to win 1-on-1 matchups. Surprise: they couldn't do it.

James will have his hands full with Mack, and that interior is no joke either.

2 hours ago, freak_of_nature said:

I think if Tunsil plays, I predict we win. Hard to see us dropping 3 in a row, esp. returning home. 

Tunsil is miles better than Baker but both will be abused by Mack.

Also we aren't a good team. If we can win three in a row, we can definitely lose three in a row. Pressure's on for Gase and Tannehill to get the offense going against a rough opponent.

46 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

Pre-season I pegged this as a loss, mostly because of Vic Fangio and that defense. They've allowed 24 points (GB), 17 (SEA), 14 (ARI), and 10 (TB). They'll also be coming off a bye week.

If Sam Young starts at LT, I may have to watch this game clockwork orange style. The Bengals put their foot on the Dolphins throat when Tunsil went out - they regularly put 3 defensive linemen to the defensive right of the center and FORCED Young, Larsen, and Swanson to win 1-on-1 matchups. Surprise: they couldn't do it.

James will have his hands full with Mack, and that interior is no joke either.

Does Mack tend to rush against the RT? I'd imagine they'd move him around but I don't know one way or the other. It would be a gross coaching error to not abuse the matchup of Mack versus Tunsil/Young, I'd think.

15 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Does Mack tend to rush against the RT? I'd imagine they'd move him around but I don't know one way or the other. It would be a gross coaching error to not abuse the matchup of Mack versus Tunsil/Young, I'd think.

Mack usually rushes over the RT, obviously he has been dominant.

What has really set the defense apart is that the Bears have 4 interior players, Hicks, Goldman, Robertson-Harris and Nichols that will flat out get after your QB. What Akiem Hicks has been doing to OGs this season has been downright criminal.

I think if the Bears can capture any consistency on offense from the TB game they will win. The defense is too good to lose if they get 24-27 points on offense. If the inconsistent offense shows up then it will be a 17-14 slug fest and I have no idea who is going to win.

The Bears defense is the best in the league, so Tannehill will have his hands full.

This is a must win game for the Dolphins if they have any hopes at getting the wild card. It is supposed to be 86 and raining on Sunday. The field is going to be a wet sloppy mess, as it is supposed to rain starting Thursday due to the Hurricane. If Tunsil is out, I don't expect Tannehill to make it out of this game with out getting injured. He holds the ball too long, and that play where he was pulled down from behind by the arm, that was a near disaster as most QB's tear a shoulder up. I hope the Dolphins kick the tires on Flowers, who just got cut. We need some help, it is desperation time if Tunsil is out. If whoever the QB is has some time to throw, our WR's will be open. The run game will be limited. On defense I think we match up well and will be able to hold them to less than 21 points. It will be o the offense to win this, or special teams. I am hoping for a miracle win here, and for the team to survive this week an get some players back.

I think if the Fins can avoid letting the Bears defense score a TD, they can win this one.  That is assuming Tunsil plays, of course.  But they would have to win a 13-10 type game.  Luckily, the Bears have a crappy offense so there is at least some chance.  A long return here, a turnover deep in Chicago territory there, and they can be in it.  

I see nothing that gives me hope for a win this week. A three game losing streak is business as usual for Miami the last few seasons and that is what I am expecting this week, the Bears are to strong defensively for Miami to score enough points to beat the 24 points the Bears will score.

Miami ….…………… 17

Bears.....…………….24

50 minutes ago, FinSting said:

Pretty amazing that the Dolphins got the #1 defense for INT's so far, time to snag a couple more from Trubisky. 

Our secondary is pretty amazing. Actually Ive been pleased with our defense in general for the most part. Even against the Pats, they did well early until they eventually wore down due to the offense not being able to sustain drives.

Our offense so far has been awful outside of some splash plays. We can't sustain drives and we struggle to score on offense. It's going to be a long year offensively.

I am pro Tannehill, he is no hall of famer but with good protection he can get the job done but with that said he does lack natural pocket presence and has since he was a rookie so when Miami's O-Line play is bad it is magnified by Tannehills poor pocket pressure decisions.

7 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Our offense so far has been awful outside of some splash plays. We can't sustain drives and we struggle to score on offense. It's going to be a long year offensively.

Sad but true. Really shocked at the total lack of run game. Wonder if the o-line will be helped in the first round of next year's draft...

4 hours ago, FinSting said:

Sad but true. Really shocked at the total lack of run game. Wonder if the o-line will be helped in the first round of next year's draft...

I hope not. I'm not sure if injuries are a good reason to do so, as long as their outlook is good for 2019. But I'd be all for getting a guy or two in Day 2.

Archived