Week 6: Chicago Bears (3-1) @ Miami Dolphins (3-2)

TheKillerNacho

CHI @ MIA  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Miami Dolphins
    • Chicago Bears
    • Tie
  2. 2. How close will the game be?

• 3 or less point difference
    • 4-7 point difference
    • 8-14 point difference
    • 15 or greater point difference
  3. 3. Who scores the most fantasy points in this game?

• Brock Osweiler
    • Mitchell Trubisky
    • Kenyan Drake
    • Frank Gore
    • Jordan Howard
    • Tarik Cohen
    • DeVante Parker
    • Albert Wilson
    • Danny Amendola
    • Kenny Stills
    • Allen Robinson
    • Taylor Gabriel
    • Kevin White
    • Mike Gesicki
    • Trey Burton
    • Jason Sanders
    • Cody Parkey
    • Dolphins DST
    • Bears DST
    • Other

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/17/2018 at 12:00 AM

14 hours ago, Dolphinmeister said:

I am pro Tannehill, he is no hall of famer but with good protection he can get the job done but with that said he does lack natural pocket presence and has since he was a rookie so when Miami's O-Line play is bad it is magnified by Tannehills poor pocket pressure decisions.

Devil's advocate... we don't have good protection (and probably won't anytime soon), and Tannehill is one of the worst in the league when pressured. I'm not saying we should bench him - there's no point to. However, I'm starting to seriously question whether he's the longterm answer here. And I've been one of Tannehill's biggest supporters here.

40 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Devil's advocate... we don't have good protection (and probably won't anytime soon), and Tannehill is one of the worst in the league when pressured. I'm not saying we should bench him - there's no point to. However, I'm starting to seriously question whether he's the longterm answer here. And I've been one of Tannehill's biggest supporters here.

Holy crap, that story had a Troy Stradford quote. Watched his breakout game when Sunday Night Football was a very new and wonderful thing in 1987, and he juked Cowboys' DB Bill Bates out of his jock. 

Last two games have been rough for the offense, blah. I still wanna give Tannehill a fair shake this season and see what happens. Otherwise it's Luke Falk for president in 2019. 

On ‎10‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 10:26 AM, TheKillerNacho said:

I think it is a combination of Tannehill playing scared because of his knee, the poor O-line, and Tannehills inability to read the pocket. I was waiting for him to run on that strip sack fumble, but he didn't, he just stood there and at the worst possible moment, tried to throw a home run pass, that caused him to have to reset his feet and wind up for the big throw. The pick six was a horrible decision as well, when you look at it from the sky camera, you can see 4 Bengals rushing in. Tannehill should have just eaten the sack, but this is where I think his bum knee is affecting him, he wanted to avoid the hit and tried to sneak a pass over the top of a defender that was staring right at him. Those 2 plays cost us the game. 

I read a funny article from a Bears beat reporter. He said that Tannehill needs to get some extra life insurance, because what is being leaked from the Bears is that they are going to be blitzing up the middle. He said that the Dolphins OG's are some of the worst he has seen all year, and that the Bears are going to crash the middle to force Tannehill out of the pocket so that their talented DE's can get the sack. He said that without a pocket to pass from, the Bears are certain that they can force Tannehill into turnovers. 

1 hour ago, freak_of_nature said:

We need to be using Drake out of the backfield a lot.

That will be an interesting matchup.

Both the Bears ILBs [Trevathan, Roquan] can run and cover and outside of a busted coverage against David Johnson we really have shut down the screen and passing game to the RBs.

Saw a guy wearing a Bears shirt at the grocery store today, when I had on a Dolphins shirt. My, how we laughed. 

Bears in Miami on a Monday night in 1985, holy hell now that game got me hot and bothered. Best non-playoff win in Fins history really, not even open for debate. 

After reading a couple more of the beat reporters breakdowns of this game from the Bears perspective, this is what I have learned.

1. The Bears are going to wear their orange jerseys so reduce heat soak. I guess we will see during the pregame if this is true. If it is, good job by the Bears coaching staff to find a way to help their players in the Miami heat.

2. The Bears will utilize their TE's and RB's heavily in the passing game. They said that they don't want Trubisky to have to force passes against Miami's talented secondary, as he has a tendency to not see off coverage, which has lead to INT's. They feel that the best way to attack Miami is to force the LB's to do most of the pass coverage work. 

3. The Bears also could use a S in the middle to mirror Miami's RB's in pass coverage. They said that it is apparent watching the tape that Tannehill likes to throw to his RB's when he is pressured. The Bears could use a S to make sure that any RB is covered, that way their LB's can concentrate on providing pressure, and not have to worry about giving up the big play.

I find reading the other teams beat reporters interesting, seeing things from their perspective. This just goes to show all of the intricate game planning that goes on by both teams during the season.

I expect Mack to have an amazing game.  In addition to all the reasons already stated, Mack is from South Florida and will have a lot of friends and family at this game I’m sure.  It’s going to be ugly for Tannehill.......we have to be able to run the ball and get multiple turnovers on Defense to have a solid chance to win this game.......Let’s go Fins!!!!!

For me this game is a big test of what the rest of the season will hold. All things point to a loss for me that will hold true to the state of the Dolphins the last decade, but if against all odds they can pull off a win this week maybe something like 2008 or 2016 can happen.

6 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Ohio State fan here, hello everybody. Just checking in to see how our boys Jerome Baker and Raekwon McMillian are doing in the league. Havent had a chance to watch a Dolphins game yet this year. How are they looking so far?

Baker had 2 sacks last games. Also, Baker's entire career has 2 sacks. Therefore, he's learning. Especially last game. Where he had 2 sacks. 

Raekwon lives up to the hype. Defensive QB. Stuffin' the run and stuff. 

Both are doing quite well, considering it's their first year on the NFL field. Don't know if you've followed the Dolphins the past decade, but LB has been a horrific weakness. Thanks to Ohio State, things are looking up. Cheers, Buckeyes. 

7 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Ohio State fan here, hello everybody. Just checking in to see how our boys Jerome Baker and Raekwon McMillian are doing in the league. Havent had a chance to watch a Dolphins game yet this year. How are they looking so far?

Baker is a baller, he has great speed and range and seems to always be around the ball. McMillian is less noticeable but seems to get the job done. I think both will be starters long term and contribute many years at  LB spot but it seems at this point Baker my be the better player but it is still early in their careers.

Wow......Fox sports just reported that Osweiler will be the starter for today’s game vs the Bears.  It’s going to be a hard game to watch for us Dolphin fans.

Looks like Tannehill injured his throwing shoulder vs New England two weeks ago and played through it last week but is unable to go today.

1 hour ago, Swampbilly said:

Wow......Fox sports just reported that Osweiler will be the starter for today’s game vs the Bears.  It’s going to be a hard game to watch for us Dolphin fans.

Looks like Tannehill injured his throwing shoulder vs New England two weeks ago and played through it last week but is unable to go today.

Yep, I dunno if I should even bother watching.

Archived