Adrian Peterson dislocated his left shoulder - MRI coming today

Dome

First, the 33-year-old exited on the first series after his leg buckled on a hit during a swing pass. After limping to the sideline All Day would later return. 

However, Peterson said after the defeat that he suffered a dislocated shoulder near the end of the first half.

"I just popped it back in and braced it up at halftime," said Peterson, via the Washington Times. "I got back in there." 

Peterson added he hurt his shoulder getting hit while running a flat route. 

The running back played 13 snaps in the blowout loss, just three of which came after halftime -- he didn't touch the ball on any of those plays.

Peterson will receive an MRI on his shoulder Tuesday

2 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

What's the worst case scenario on this?

Dislocated shoulder? Depends if the MRI shows structural damage which is not a given. Even if he has, say, a partially torn labrum, hypothetically he could play through it, which is fairly common in the NFL. Look no further than Reshad Jones for an example.

Meh, it's AP being dramatic.  If he can pop it back in on his own, he's done it before, and it's more of a recurring thing (once you've done it once, it can re-occur).   Take painkillers (local injection on gameday), and he'll be fine.  Unless there's a fracture somewhere, he'll play next week.    If the position required him to throw, or keep his arm elevated above his shoulders (receiver/TE), then it's a concern.  For him, not really a thing.

AP being dramatic....who would have guessed.

(On a serious note, that hit to his knee on the 2nd play of the game looked brutal. I'd throw him into the MRI to get the knee checked out too, might as well if he's there already)

6 hours ago, Broncofan said:

(On a serious note, that hit to his knee on the 2nd play of the game looked brutal. I'd throw him into the MRI to get the knee checked out too, might as well if he's there already)

we see way too much of this, since the league has changes the tackling rules. So much for player safety, because I can't believe there aren't more injuries like this 

Archived